• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mehrunes Razor, how powerful is it's hax

In Oblivion if you instant kill someone with the Dagger you get a message saying "soul claimed by Mehrunes Dagon", does that mean it's like Khârn the Betrayer when your soul gets sent to a 1-A (low 1-C in this case), or is that just random non sense that means nothing?

That's not how gorechild works. The axe itself consumes souls, but permakilling a greater daemon like it did s still ridiculous when you remember that they're all just abstract concepts deep into the warp that exist so long as their god wills it and that banishing the physical manifestation shouldn't do anything.

Not a TES guy but from what this sounds like idk if it's saying It's Dagon powered soul manip or just your guy sorta offering it up. Typhus the Traveller has a technique that drains the life of his targets by siphoning it off into Nurgle's domain, but it's not some sort of weird tier 1 absorbtion/life manip.

Well the Dagger also has death hax, but I'm just wondering would the soul stuff matter in a fight or is it irrelevant. I feel like I probably should have explained this better now.

It would matter in a match where a character can return from the dead as a soul and regenerate.

If they get killed by the dagger, Dragon will take their soul and they won't be able to return because he's not going to let them go.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is all such a boring look into the Razor and what it can do. People should talk about how it can perform surgery on a person's nymic (The tone of their soul) to flay their existence into new shapes, thereby rewriting history and reality.
Ok seriously what the **** did I miss, I really need to read more Elder Scrolls lore

Well I guess my question has been answered, so either I (or I assume a staff member has to) close the thread, and I am going to go read Mankar's book

@Matthew

Well I'm no expert on the lore of the verse so the inner workings of the Dedric Artifacts are lost on me.

The hell kind of dagger are we dealing with. I just looked at it as a Dagger with Death Manipulation. Honestly I feel like I've taken the Dadric Lords for granted. They make some deadly stuff.

I'm a Elder Scrolls newb at it's finest and it's a little sad since I love Skyrim a lot and plan on grabbing it for PS4 when I get the chance.

@Matthew

Thanks for the info. I actually understood what was written. Usually when I'm looking through the lore about verses as complexed as TES, I get the most confused look on my face.

I think im going to make a thread about how i orginally saw the TES in the Fun and Games Board. It will probably give a laugh to those who know the truth.

Most divine artifacts at full powers are ranked at Low 1-C as they are fragments of gods themselves. With the exception for Auriel's Bow and possibly Staff of Magnus wielded by former Et'Adas, which I suspect both of them ranked around high 1-B as Lorkhan was struck by bow and Magnus walks around in his baddass staff during the Creation.

The case for Camoran is weird, because a book talked about Lyg detailing the similar surgery about a Magna Ge (High 1-B) named Lyg creating Mehrunes Dagon. I mean a mortal like him can use the full power that creates a god and bends realities.

Ultima Reality said:
The Daedric Artifacts used by the Player Characters in-game aren't Tier 1 for LHKAN Christ's sake, not everyone can use their full potential as they please.
But they should be able to affect characters in the same tier as the user surely? Especially if they don't resist concept manip and whatever else the artifact does?

Not on Tier 1 that I am referring.

The qualitative aspect of hax can be ultilized but unquantified for any ranking. The cutting and bending of existence for the Razor is an example, but we simply don't know how high a Player Character can do. One thing matters is that it is available with anyone under right imagination.

Again, I am not saying mook mortals can be 1-C anytime rather they are still able to use the hax power from those artifacts arcording to the lore. The Razor is not just a cheap dagger than you can use to stab anybody, and it has to be more than that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Anyway, 99% sure that the artifacts wielded by mortals =/= the artifacts wielded by the gods.
Umbra is an exceptional case of artifact gets too strong through power draining from gods. If a person is absolutely strong enough, he or she can use the advantage of Mundus Barriers to gradually gain the power of wielding the full might of an artifact. You are saying is true, but there is still loophole that mortals broke all the times.

I wouldn't call Molag Bal evil. His sphere of influence is domination, which yeah it overlaps with evil things I agree, but it isn't inheretly evil. And Boethia isn't evil as well her sphere is of plot and deceit. And usually her goal is to overthrow kings and authority. No king rules forever.

Back