• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megumin possible upgrade

You can ask a few calc group members for help with this.

YuriAkuto said:
It's the volume 5 of the LN, so it's technically usable.
Not.

Canon.

Sylvia got destroyed by the secret weapon, the movie totally changes it. Sylvia never merges with Hans and Beldia in the LN, Wiz and Vanir don't appear at the Crimson Demon Village in the LN, and Megumin isn't amped by all the Crimson Demons.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Sylvia got destroyed by the secret weapon, the movie totally changes it. Sylvia never merges with Hans and Beldia in the LN, Wiz and Vanir don't appear at the Crimson Demon Village in the LN, and Megumin isn't amped by all the Crimson Demons.
Mb then, I didn't saw the movie, so I just assumed that it was the same.

Talking about Megumin's upgrade, she might get aupgraded/a new key with vol. 5/6 tho.

Let me squeeze in here and say that, uh, didn't she set off her explosion on a mountain in volume 10 or 11 and there was no statement of the mountain disappearing.

Volume 5 (the movie) was towards a boulder like most of her Explosions! Not lower atmosphere lmao.

Volume 6 actually have Megumin saying pretty clearly that she one-shotted a mountain.

The main translations are cgtranslation for their profiles.

CG says:

"Even if you say that, I couldn't see the boulder being pulverized before I…!"
I'm guessing you're using the actual Yen press (shitty press) physical books. The raws should show the differences.

Also If 7-A is accepted, all their profiles need to be deleted/reworked to the Yen press translations.

I'm using the physical books yeah.

However if I may ask, why do we use fan translations instead of official ones? 7-A seems kinda consistent from what I read.

Also, the current profiles don't seem to depend that much of which translation is used (even if Vanir's quote is from cgtranslation, so it seems to be the one used anyway).

I haven't been in contact with the fans to answer that, but personally the company doesn't seem to have a good reputation. 7-A seems consistent? Well, again CG says different as her targets seems to be boulders, not mountains.

I have the digital version of Yen Press somehow, given the major difference in the quote above, I highly doubt it is the only one. A quick search of vol 1 and it seems Megumin's explosions imply vaporizations, not pulverization of any kind.

There is also this from vol 1:

I had been a little concerned about proving we'd killed all five toads, since one of them had been vaporized by a magical explosio
~ Yen Press​
One of the frogs we defeated disintegrated because of the explosion magic
~ CG​
I'll have to reread the whole thing to find major differences, but I think that their profiles shouldn't be a mix of two translations.

I'll try to do the same then. Like God of Procrastination said, it's something which seems better to do after the forum move.

Personally I don't remember Yen Press being especially bad from the LNs I read, so Idk how it would went.

Back