• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread II: Stephen Hawking > God

I tried to do a little digging myself and I found this: Profile: The actual One God of monotheism. The One God praised by Judaism, Christianity and Islam. He is the omnipotent existence that created heaven and earth and made man in his own image, but this also means that together with the angels, his bunrei [for more about bunrei, see below -Ed.], he also gave birth to demons. By giving humans bodies of flesh and bone, their lives and fears were repeated in the endless cycle of death and rebirth, restricting their range of observation.

Is this what you're referring to Ultima?

https://dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/970/

YHVH, First Form
He had a strong impact in the previous games, so I just followed the basic model. His image as the Father and main god was emphasised by the stern expression on his aged face. The panels with three angles in the middle of his face are there to portray him as a 3D representation. In order to show he has all the universes under his rule, I showed multiple faces every time he appeared. The true number of these faces is the number of stars, rather than just the number of lives we can observe.

Uh I must have some terrible reading comprehension skills because I don't get how that disproves there can be more than one 1-C YHVH.

Is it because of this: In order to show he has all the universes under his rule, I showed multiple faces every time he appeared. The true number of these faces is the number of stars, rather than just the number of lives we can observe.

Okay let me ask you something first. Why would lesser manifestation heads indicate there's more than one YHVH? Or disprove

I don't know. I'm just asking if the possibility of more than one YHVH exists or not. That's all.

No. The true YHVH should be formed by the infinite multiverse, unconciously created and all that. Since all less heads stem from him and not the other way around-- and the fact there's only one great will of the universe mean there can all be only one YHVH

Hst master said:
I thought YHVH was a corrupted Piece of the Great Will?
Yeah, Great Will's avatar... iirc.

But Great Will's avatars (uhh, 'Eyes') are supposed to be the Messiahs.

Yes. Since he's described by Arbiter Satan as "The universal, unchanging truth of this world" Plus he has some contradictons, like punishing Aleph for doing what he was created to do: Defeat YHVH and trying to do the same to Demi-Fiend after killing Kagutsuchi

Yvel Atsly said:
Specifically The Axiom. Since true form YHVH is the great will of the universe
Pretty sure 'True/Composite' YHVH (if there's such thing) is just a piece of Great Will at best.

Kinda doesn't make sense that Great Will created humans just to **** them over again with YHVH's stunts.

Not to mention Great Will actually oppose YHVH through Messiahs.

Now I have an image of YHVH punching himself repeatedly...

I'm confused, then why does YHVH's profile doesn't list that as one of his aliases while the Axiom does?

I dunno, But i've seen other profiles call YHVH the great will as well. And i mean the Axiom and Great Will are different entities in general. Plus the Axiom profile is fairly outdated IIRC but it dosen't need to be polished much

Yvel Atsly said:
Yes. Since he's described by Arbiter Satan as "The universal, unchanging truth of this world" Plus he has some contradictons, like punishing Aleph for doing what he was created to do: Defeat YHVH and trying to do the same to Demi-Fiend after killing Kagutsuchi
Pretty sure SMT IV Apocalypse made it clear that YHVH is separate part of Axiom. Axiom isn't called YHVH because they're two differing entities.

Axiom sent out Messiahs, giving them immense observation power solely because Axiom need Eyes to see what actually happens. And save humanity if YHVH does YHVH things.

I think there's conversation with Stephen that points out YHVH =/= Axiom. And lol, Stephen has higher level than YHVH. Are you saying Stephen>Axiom?

Not at all. I'm saying The Great Will isn't the Axiom but merely 1-C YHVH. Of course i know about The Axiom sending out the Messiahs and stuff. That's why i said the Great Will being the Axiom dosen't make any sense. Or at least to refer to as him

Yvel Atsly said:
Not at all. I'm saying The Great Will isn't the Axiom but merely 1-C YHVH. Of course i know about The Axiom sending out the Messiahs and stuff. That's why i said the Great Will being the Axiom dosen't make any sense. Or at least to refer to as him
Well, that explains things. I misunderstood your post.
Axiom is localized name for Great Reason/Will. So They're same thing?

Between the Great Will and Axiom right? Sorry but i'm dumb and need to ask for clarification. But if you mean that: I believe no. Since the Great Will has more connections to Yawheh (I already mentioned Demi-Fiend and Aleph) But like Shekinah saying to it that she failed to guide the world.Or Lucifer saying he was created by the Great *him*self since The Axiom is supposed to be more of thing. (unless its just translated wrong) Stuff like that

Yvel Atsly said:
Between the Great Will and Axiom right? Sorry but i'm dumb and need to ask for clarification. But if you mean that: I believe no. Since the Great Will has more connections to Yawheh (I already mentioned Demi-Fiend and Aleph) But like Shekinah saying to it that she failed to guide the world.Or Lucifer saying he was created by the Great *him*self since The Axiom is supposed to be more of thing. (unless its just translated wrong) Stuff like that
Sorry, I actually only got info from SMT wiki. (No playing through older games)

SMT IV Apoc is doing many retcons too iirc. Maybe that's we we got conficting statements.

Wouldn't it be cool to have the messiahs be DLC personas? It wouldn't make that much sense, but it would still be awesome.

MYHERO said:
Wouldn't it be cool to have the messiahs be DLC personas? It wouldn't make that much sense, but it would still be awesome.
B-but we already have one
Persona_3_Messiah.png

/jk

Of course, I wonder if Messiah persona actually embody SMT Messiahs or not. Composite Messiah, heh. Stephen would like that.

Messiah no ..... variants. Izanagi-no-Okami, Magatsu-Izanagi... that sort of stuff.

Of course, Messiah is originally Minato's, dunno about anyone else using it other than him.

I find Minato having Kazuya (SMT 1 protagonist) to be very fitting for both of these characters.

Have you beaten Persona 3? Plus if SMT characters somehow start using Personas Ideo Hazama better be involved. He's the Persona user progenitor

MYHERO said:
I find Minato having Kazuya (SMT 1 protagonist) to be very fitting for both of these characters.
Kinda. I guess, blue hair both. Cat ears are cute too.

And since he has all Bel demon powers, he can be considered a demon? Abel as persona... oh wait-

Kinda. I guess, blue hair both. Cat ears are cute too.

And since he has all Bel demon powers, he can be considered a demon? Abel as persona... oh wait-

No I was referring to the protagonist of the first Shin Megami Tensei game. That one doesn't have blue hair, but both him and Minato suffers in the end.

MYHERO said:
No I was referring to the protagonist of the first Shin Megami Tensei game. That one doesn't have blue hair, but both him and Minato suffers in the end.
No wonder I feel something was off with your comparison. Kazuya from DS doesn't get same suffering as P3 protag.
Turns out I got the wrong person

... Now I'm reminded of 'YHVH doing YHVH things' again. (Gaaahh!)

(Just call him Abel! i guess) I wanna animate Aleph punching YHVH so hard his face cracks (Like Crazy Diamond to Killer Queen)

in the neutral ending. Kazuya did help the people rebuild the cilvilization and live a happy life after that, so i wont say he suffered a tragic end (Although he have to murdered his best friends to a achive this)

Our Door Jesus on the other hand, well, continues to live as a door.

if i'm making comparision, it would be Makoto (stuck as a door) and Hibiki (stuck on a throne)

MagiSinbad said:
in the neutral ending. Kazuya did help the people rebuild the cilvilization and live a happy life after that, so i wont say he suffered a tragic end (Although he have to murdered his best friends to a achive this)
Our Door Jesus on the other hand, well, continues to live as a door.

if i'm making comparision, it would be Makoto (stuck as a door) and Hibiki (stuck on a throne)
Yeah but he was killed by the Lawful people he saved in SMT II, and they took his dog!

Also MYHERO i should put you in eternal suffering for sending that

Back