• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaten Discussion Thread II: Stephen Hawking > God

The Divine Phoenix said:
I don't think I've ever seen a demon look horribly injured in an SMT game in general, so we shouldn't really judge based on that.
Yeah, all the Bels die in the same way, and the only being we've seen get visibly injured is YHVH and his avatars iirc.

Well of course not physically but by his dialogue. Since he seemed to talk to Abel fairly normal and would struggle more if was dying like he did against Flynn. If that makes sense

Like I said, that's just how bosses in DeSu 1 go out for the most part, which is usually them praising Abel

I know how the game works, i've beat it several times. It just seems more like he went back to the demon realm or something rather than death

The Divine Phoenix said:
I don't think I've ever seen a demon look horribly injured in an SMT game in general, so we shouldn't really judge based on that.
There are a few Demons which are noted to die as a result of their injuries in a few games, like Beelzebub in SMT I and Lucifer himself in SMT II. Though I agree it's a vague standard to judge things, since there are Demons like Zeus in Strange Journey Redux, who is pretty explicitly said to have been killed by the Protagonist, but acted hella casual and friendly to him before disappearing.

The end of Lucifer's boss battle in DeSu1 seems is way too ambiguous for us to tell what exactly happened to him, tho, so.

I really doubt Lucifer even cared that much in this fight since he still went hahaha after you beat him. Hell Beelzebub stated Lucifer didn't even care about the throne to begin with. I don't see how it's any harder than Demifiend's fight, if not being easier since Lucifer was explicitly testing Demifiend to see if he could upend the eternal battle, but I digress.

Shin Megami Topic: In SMT V, out of all the characters, which one would you like to pick as an ultimate boss? Like how Demifiend was in Digital Devil Saga.

IDK, seems pretty inconsistent considering YHVH was somewhat worried and Belberith said he could easily have yeeted Lucifer out of existence after becoming King. Seems to me like it's porr planning on Lucifer's part.

I'm not sure how that is suppose to be inconsistent with the way how casually Lucifer was behaving in the game. Poor planning? Possibly but not being contradictory to his demeanor.

If Lucifer isn't scared of something YHVH is afraid of, it just seems to me like it's more likely Lucifer doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yeah, it seems more like him being a ditz, but still proving that he was being very casual as he didn't really grasp the situation.

Failure, you didn't get Shiva. or Vishnu to go Star Platinum. But um to answer your question i would like to see Flynn as ultimate boss. Just to see how stupidly hard he would be if a had 3 and 2.5 times multiplier that stack

I want to make Abel vs Madoka so bad. But I know it's going to be a stomp towards Abel's favor.

A smurf is a 3 dimensional character with higher dimensional hax. For the most part smurfs have pretty low tiers like in the tier 8 or 7 range but can fight and most often then not beat tier 2 characters for example.

Out of all the timelines we could've picked, why this one?
ECF8F513-5C73-48DF-BE45-D23EE3A7A967
Is IT the most accurate?

Um so I need a question answered.

Is there more than one multiverse in SMT? Because Demifiend kinda destroyed his but the later games show no signs of this damage.

It's heavily implied there are, yeah, given the DeSu2 Multiverse is a thing, and the fact that the Goddess of Tokyo travels to another "Universe" separate from Nanashi's new domain to search for a new Messiah in the Massacre Ending.

I don't think so, since the YHVH that we meet in Apocalypse is supposed to be some sort of Composite Entity, with each one of his heads representing his domain over a single world.

Back