• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic) ratings 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So I brought this up before but nothing really came of it in the end. So classic Mega Man characters are rated as Small Planet level+ due to this feat.

The problem is that neither of the results of the calc justifies this rating, with the low end being 3 Zettatons which would be Small Planet level without the plus, and the high end is 29.6 Yottatons which is Large Planet level. My only guess for the + being tacked on is that the 29.6 Yottatons was misread as 29.6 Zettatons. Unless I'm missing something they shouldn't be Small Planet level+, either they should have the plus removed or be rated as Large Planet level.

I...

Don't know. We should probably get some calc group members to look over the calc first and let them decide whether the low end or high end is more accurate before making any changes.

As far as I know, the high end wasn't accepted because the one who calc'd it believed that the "yellow dots" flying away from the explosion Duo and Evil Energy created was just a mere light show or added for effects and not debris from the explosion.

However, I now disagree. After looking it over, I actually think it is the mass being launched outside of Jupiter as a result of Duo and the Evil Energy robot's collision (video ). Even in the background where we can see the explosion on Jupiter, there is notable debris flying out and the "yellow dots" are used to represent that as it bursts forward towards the camera. Additionally, the robot who fought Duo was seen seconds later blown away from the area at high speeds and knocked out due to their collision as Duo tries to give chase (who even in his meteor form couldn't catch the robot in time) to add to the explosions intensity. Therefore, I believe Classic Mega Man should most likely be 5-A.

Now that I think about it, even for Composite Mega Man I'd argue that he should be 5-A as well or maybe higher. Dr. Wily's satellites were said to be able to reduce the Earth to ash at 1% power, meaning that at full power the lasers would be able to decimate multiple planets including gas giants like Jupiter. Obviously, Duo and Sunstar are far superior to anything that Wily's ever created (excluding Zero) including said lasers and Mega Man has fought both so he should scale.

Thank you. Should we close this thread, or continue to talk about the 5-A result?

Before closing the said 5-A result, which is the Duo VS Evil Energy part should be explained a little.

Megama profile says he is normally comparable to Duo and Evil Energy [which is actually Evil Robot], that i think is not accurate since Duo was helding back against Megaman [escaped when Proto Ma appeared] and overpowered Trio who restrained Mega Man [through i think the should be not that much of a gap with them since Megaman somewhat fought a not full powered Sunstar], also Megaman did not tanked hits from the Wily Machine 8 [This machine is weaker than its main cannon which was destroyed by Duo, who was injured by it] and Sunstar, overall this is a justification change for Megaman.

For the revision: Both Duo and Evil Robot made a hole in Saturn here, which was calced here at Small Planet level [3 Zettatons Low-End, which is Currently Used] to Large Planet level [29,652 Yottatons High-End], i'm not aware why the low-end was used since Saturn is a planet considerably bigger than the earth, but if the High-End is used and since there should not that much of gap with Megaman and Duo since Trio restrained Megaman when was falling down and noticing Wily's base, they should be 5-A [Likely over 3 Yottatons for the weakest robots while 29,652 for the likes of Duo].

Lastly if X Squared is right about the Manga Wily 1% Satellite Stuff, Manga X could be 5-A from being superior to Manga Megaman, who likely scales to that.

I trust Dark649's sense of judgement.

It depends on which result that was accepted by the calc group members.

I think that the feat should be recalced using the size of Saturn if the high-end was viewed as too high by the calc group.

Okay. You can ask some of them to help out if you wish.

Well, before that i need Reppuzan to show him the issues in Megaman profile and answer me why the low-end was accepted, it could be about that another Low 5-B feat caused by Sunstar, but it's 35 Zettatons which warrants the + on him and other char. and is close to 5-B, so if 5-A is too much 5-B might be a good basis for the recalc for consistency, but i'm fine about 5-A.

Okay. You are obviously free to talk with him about it.

@ Dark

Actually, I'd say it's completely reasonable that Mega Man is comparable to Duo. In their first encounter, Duo would kill Mega Man if the player fails to beat him in their fight as opposed to just stopping completely as soon as Mega Man's health reached a low point. Meanwhile in the previous game (Mega Man 7) when Mega Man and Bass fight for the first time, Bass would stop attacking and a small dialogue would ensue between the two to end the fight so Mega Man wouldn't be killed if the player failed to defeat him. However, this isn't the case in Mega Man 8 as Duo would kill Mega Man without hesitation, meaning he is fighting seriously at least to a degree. Duo even goes into his meteor form to combat Mega Man (the form he took to fight the Evil Energy robot). Furthermore, in other games like Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters where Duo is playable, earlier Robot Masters were able to damage Duo as well (despite losing to him of course), but it just goes to show that Mega Man (who's superior to said Robot Masters) being on par with Duo isn't far-fetched.

As for the giant robot that was able to restrain Mega Man once he got to Wily Tower, I will say it was likely done for the sake of plot since Duo wasn't formally introduced in Mega Man 8's story. Mega Man being captured and put in a helpless position was a perfect opportunity for Duo to step in and assert himself in the story (since Duo was in a mysterious light due to trashing Light's lab and attacking Mega Man moments ago at the time, but displaying signs of being good). This new and mysterious robot turns out to be one of the "good guys" in the story now as he saved Mega Man from peril as opposed to being depicted as an anatagonist. Besides, the robot caught Mega Man off guard when he restrained him and even after Duo sliced off the robot's arm, Mega Man easily escaped it's grasp and immediately ran over to see if Rush was okay without any signs of fatigue or damage from the robot's electric attack. Sunstar wasn't fully powered in his battle with Mega Man? I don't know if you're referring to the Gigamix manga (since I haven't gotten to that part yet in the story), but in the games there's no indication that Sunstar isn't at full power, but quite the opposite as he one-shots Dr. Wily (in his Wily Capsule of course), casually destroys floors of the Wily Star in battle and shakes the entire Wily Star with his death throes (Low 5-B feat) which scales to Mega Man as he fought him toe-to-toe. Keep in mind, Sunstar didn't have any weaknesses so Mega Man fought him with his own power alone.

I beg to differ about Wily Machine 8 not being all that powerful. The cannon on the Wily Machine damaged Duo yes, but that doesn't mean that it was just more powerful than the rest of the machine. The entire Wily Machine was enhanced with Evil Energy meaning that any of it's attacks (including the cannon) were capable of damaging Duo and Mega Man tanking it's attack are justified (He even fought Bass who harnessed Evil Energy as well). This is evidenced by Wily firing a shot of Evil Energy at Mega Man at the very beginning of their battle with him breaking free of it's grasp moments later . Additionally, when the Wily Capsule (which was in the Wily Machine before it was destroyed) is taken down by Mega Man,Evil Energy rises from the wreckage and attacks him , suggesting that the entire machine was infected with Evil Energy the whole time. This means Mega Man was tanking attacks from the Wily Machine 8 as well as surviving assaults from Evil Energy, proving that Mega Man does scale to the likes of both Duo and Evil Energy's collision.

I just wanted to address those points and feel that Mega Man should scale to Duo and Sunstar. Actually I feel the more powerful characters in the Classic series Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass, Duo, Sunstar, King, Ra Moon and maybe even the Stardroids should scale to 5-A. Also, the calc about Wily's Satellite lasers in the Megamix manga is on Mega Man's profile if you want to explore it further. Despite there being 13 satellites initially, just one of them was enough needed to threaten the planet to follow Wily's demands since he was still bent on launching at least one in the air despite the others being destroyed.

Other than that, I completely agree with your other points.

Hmm... after reading everything here, I guess I'd be fine with 5-A Mega Man. There's just too much evidence to support it.

Thank you for the evaluation. I suppose that this should probably be fine then.

It's not that 5-A Megaman was never accepted, it's that it was made as Small Planet level+. 1 Zettaton was either considered or mistaken to be the starting place for Planet+ back then, and back then, we almost always went with low ends instead of high ends. It's a very old profile.

I think I made a thread about upgrading him to 5-A years ago but it never went anywhere. I'm fine with 5-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back