• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Theglassman12 said:
@Knight damaging the cores isn't the only way to harm Nightmare. Breaking out of his evil dimension where he makes you fight an old boss is you damaging it despite the core not being exposed
Still, Dante can damage its core, which if it scales to DMC5 Nightmare, is its soul.

It's also possible that the dimension is tied to his soul/core, and Dante breaking out of the dimension damages the soul/core indirectly.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Actually, now that I think of it, there's a time in the Anime where Dante throws Rebellion and it seperates a demon from a woman it was possessing while leaving the woman unharmed.

If his attacks have soul manip, that makes some sense.
That was Holy Manipulation for a while, and yeah, depending on how possession works in the series, it could be Soul Hax

About Regenerationn, we see that Urizen doesn't regenerate from Dante's slashes in their fight, however Vergil can, so I think he should have Resistance to Regen Negation

Oliver de jesus said:
Dante is declared totally immune to lava according to the guide of the first game. and mundus should also literally be bathing in lava and using it to harm dante. https://ibb.co/h2B5VJG curious case dante attacks with names in dmc2 https://ibb.co/L5nPbfs
Quick note about this one; it seems reasonable for a resistance upgrade, but it doesn't meet any burden of proof for "immunity". It would just be a really good Resistance.

plasma resistance for Dante https://ibb.co/qR624z1

Another feat of soul hax seems that this lamp is fed only with souls and if we use a devil arm we can feed it. https://ibb.co/VmmL1mv

elementary intangibility for nightmare through slime https://ibb.co/jgB30PP

I think I found an indirect confirmation that the vendita water does not work in the battle against mundus https://ibb.co/JQqNY0T

Mundus shouldn't have gravity manipulation? literally throws you meteorites

Temporary summons, absorption and fusion for argosax the chaos is composed of multiple enemies phantón, griffon, ect. that comes from other moments in time as I pass with phaton's profile to this gave him one more chance to fight against dante.

https://ibb.co/L9bS57J https://m.imgur.com/gallery/bUmzY3W and I still think that Dante should have Acausality type 1

That does not remotely look like he resist plasma. He just fought enemies that has plasma. If we scaled resistance JUST from merely fighting enemies, then we'd have DBZ Fighters resist energy manipulation and martial arts a long time ago.

That was retconned in 2 since the red orbs are now referred to as Crystallized demon blood.

Pretty sure that was already accepted.

That does not even remotely mention Mundus. Him no selling Holy water with no explanation whatsoever in lore is just game mechanics.

Throwing meteors without using physical strength is just telekinesis. Almost everyone that can throw meteors has Telekinesis from that unless there's a statement of him using gravity.

How would that be summoning when he literally fused the monsters inside of him.

Where in that Argosax guide does it hint Dante being Acausal?

1-ok I don't deny that.

2-when was it retcon?

3-ok

4- only one was his position.

5 - I thought that to the beings that can launch meteorite it was by gravity control not telekinesis so it should be added since not even any world has in its profile.

5- the dark forces swallowed back to phatom who would be referring to argosax.

6- With the feel that, I mean that maybe he was (I don't know how to put the crossed out words).

when you pick up the red orbs in DMC 2 for the first time, they literally say that they're "Crystallized Demon Blood". So it being literal souls is retconned when a later game in the series calls it that and to my knowledge no other game contradicts the demon blood part.

The Acausality has little to no bearing regarding Dante being unaffected by paradoxes, unless you're talking about the "blast from the past" which doesn't mean a paradox, just that an old enemy that people remembered in the first game came back.

Alright so here's some more things for Dante's passive Soul Manip.

Griffon, Shadow, and Nightmare all have "cores" in the original DMC. While Griffon's core is the hardest to see, it is still there, appearing when you ground him and stun him. Shadow's core appears when you deal enough damage to him, as he will break apart into a black puddle beneath the bright red core. (Shadow's core also appears whenever he is about to use an instant-kill attack, acting something like a goad to lure you)

Griffon is unable to regenerate from only his core, or at least his Regenerationn is much slower than his DMC5 counterpart, but he takes extra damage when you attack it. Nightmare ca regenerate from only his core, as we defeat him once before his final encounter and despite "dying" he is completely fine the next time around.

Shadow is the big one here, he explicitly shows that he can and does regenerate from only his core, as when he takes a large amount of damage, he collapses into a puddle, then regenerates back into his panther form around the core.

Ironically, the only major demons without cores are Nelo Angelo (who is Vergil so we know why that's not a thing) and Phantom, which is fine as he seems to be the only major demon that was not explicitly created by Mundus. Or at least, he was never hinted at being created by Mundus.

This actually explains quite a lot. In universe, Dante is so far above these demons that they're basically annoying flys to him, aside from maybe Nightmare. So even if they were able to flee, it's unlikely they would have been able to even survive with the wounds they sustained without some form of Regenerationn. If these cores let them regenerate from only their souls (which would be the cores as we've gone over), it makes sense that they could survive for so long, since Dante would need to actually destroy their souls to kill them, which could prove troublesome if they fled before he could.

tl;dr: Low-Godly makes sense for even pre-DMC5 Shadow and Nightmare. And given Dante can directly attack their cores, it is entirely probable that he has passive soul hax on his attacks.

This is further compounded by TAS, where Dante seperates a demon from someone's soul and body with a sword throw of Rebellion. Holy Manip might work here, but the actual appearance of it is far closer to soul manip in my own opinion.

Do you expect not to severely damage the nightmare core in the penultimate battle? and in the last one it was like new that shouldn't have mid-godly?

No, I don't think it was Mid-Godly. Otherwise Dante would not have been able to kill it even by destroying the soul.

It's likely an extremely powerful version of Low-Godly, and some soul manipulation to "repair" his soul.

It's more likely that Dante destroyed most of Nightmare's core, but not all of it, and that when his body died, his soul went back to the Demon World to recover, likely being brought back by Mundus.

Right, I mean his attacks have passive soul hax.

As in they can attack the soul normally without actually needing a specific technique or weapon.

Then again that's probably just considered as soul hax so oh well.

I believe it isn't necessary passive, he can choose to attack the soul or not, but it will be very in character for him since he use it against people with hard regen

With KnightOfSunlights suggestion, wouldn't that mean that all demons would intrinsically have resistance to Soul Manip?

Generally speaking, on the wiki it is regarded that "Soul hax against character with no resistance to it = one-shot".

We can see that Dante doesn't just one-shot everything he fights. It should be noted that he definitely has the AP to do so, but due to styling and his general casual nature he doesn't. But if he had passive Soul hax, then against demons without any resistance he'd one-shot them either way. So the only possible solutions are:

1: He can control his Soul hax, and chooses not to use them in casual battles (This is not supported by anything we see in any of the games, and would still apply resistances to Soul hax for many characters)

2: All of the demons he fights intrinsically have at least mild resistance to his Soul hax.

The second solution explains how he can have passive Soul manip without simply one-shorting everything he fights.

For even more memes, we seen that in DMC5 and Visions of V, the lesser demons in DMC cannot actually attack the cores/souls of V's summons, yet Dante can, as seen in his boss fight.

This could be argued to be game mechanics, however, given that Phantom couldn't destroy Shadow's soul in Visions of V, it's also likely not.

Also, V gets soul manip since he destroys Phantom's soul with his cane, and as I've taken time to establish in other threads, V's cane is normal.

Yeah, not quite "passive", that's definitely not the right word for that ability. More like... "automatic"?

KnightOfSunlight said:
No, I don't think it was Mid-Godly. Otherwise Dante would not have been able to kill it even by destroying the soul.

It's likely an extremely powerful version of Low-Godly, and some soul manipulation to "repair" his soul.

It's more likely that Dante destroyed most of Nightmare's core, but not all of it, and that when his body died, his soul went back to the Demon World to recover, likely being brought back by Mundus.
I mean if Mundus repairs the soul of shadow, nightmare and griffon that should not be immortality type 8 since it is something like darkseid and its avatars that it rebuilds when they are destroyed?

and in the DMC 2 novel it is implied that mundus created phatom but this is speculation since it refers to void mundis created by alternate phatom and his other generals (blade, shadow and griffon).

It wouldn't be type 8 because they can still die even if Mundus is still alive or wants them to stay alive, via destruction of their souls. They are also not avatars of Mundus, merely his creations. He does have power over their existence to a degree, as seen when Griffon is killed for not being "worthy" (As a side note, come on Mundus, you literally threw him against someone who is comically above him and didn't expect him to lose?). When Griffon is killed, energy is seen erupting from his body rather than going into it. Dura Negation, maybe, but not likely.

That could be somewhat accurate, but given its an alternate timeline and is only implied, we can't compare it to the main timeline without a level of skepticism.

Hoo boy... we've gone through a lot of info. If we're planning on implementing this, it's best that we summarise it all so that it can be properly evaluated.

Yeah, me and Dieno already summarized the OP, but some immortalities and the Soul hax need more organization

Honestly guys, make another thread (with V's summons and Soul Hax) and leave this one only with the OP additions, it will make everything easier

Back