• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Absol vs Tsunayoshi Sawada

Sigh.....another "its been a while i didn't use this character" situation lel. Since its been a while i use Tsuna, let'ss give him a challenging re-beginning match (i know there is Anne vs Tsuna but shuch up, this is my version) with Absol, which need more matches too.

Alright let's go! Mafia vs Pokemon, who would win!!?

-Both are High 7-A

-Speed are equalized

-Both in character

-Place: Napoli, Italy

-Range are 50 meters

-Win via death!!!

Sample abc24e6cae87f5a448c2cb38f876206c

VS

Hyper Tsuna3

• Inconclusive: 0

Firstly, let's take a look at their AP. Tsuna has an higher AP (most probably) which is far higher than 1.76 gigatons (this is High 7-A Byakuran's AP). And for Absol, we actually doesn't have a good scaling. But highly likely, Absol has an less AP than Tsuna. So, we can say that Tsuna has an AP advantage here.

And now, let's take a look at their powers and abilities. This Tsuna has many abilities like X-Burner, Burning Axle, X-Stream and others (and Hyper Dying Will Mode of course). And for Absol, we can say that it has various abilities (seems like more than Tsuna's). They are good for strain Tsuna.

As a result, I think Tsuna wins (mid-difficulty) with higher AP (means stronger and more effective attacks). And at the end of the battle, Tsuna will (sadly) kill Absol with Zero Point Breakthrough.

Mega Absol is 2X over the 7-A calc due to being compared to Pokemon with the Huge Power ability.

Just clarifying.

Of course.

And take your time. I haven't voted because I want to see arguments for the other side. Everyone here is certainly more than willing to wait.

To start things off, Tsuna have the AP advantage by an unknow amount.

Mega Absol have a very decent variety on his movepool, hitting hard with STAB Dark Pulse and Night Slash, Pursuit and Mean Look for the hits and runners, and a good amount of Stats reducement in the form of Snarl, Zen Headbutt, Megahorn and Thunder are also very good moves when combined with his IQ skill that raises his accuracy and Future Sight to attack in a blind spot, while having Psycho Cut and Play Rough for CQC. Absol have power null in the form of Taunt, there is also Leer to just screw up with Tsuna defenses, Swords Dance to amp Absol's attacks, three forms to temporally amp his speed, with Feint, Quick Attack and Sucker Punch and a good Precog in form of Detect. Absol passive Fear Manip that is boosted by his IQ Skill Intimidator are also really deadly

With all of that saided, Tsuna can counter alot of things there, he has resistance to power null, so Taunt won't work, while forcefield can be bypassed with Feint, that is too weak to really do significant damage to Tsuna, he also has his own Stats amps, but that can be punished with Punishment. His Precog, while not that strong, could help him in evading Future Sight and Moves with high priority. Tsuna can also fly to help him in evading incoming attacks, Mean Look and Pursuit are good moves to prevent that, but he can still fly even with Mean Look active, and Absol won't use Mean Look at the start of the battle, since he hates fighting. As i saided, Tsuna has his own Stats amps, so that can counter Absol's ones, Tsuna also have goods moves with his Ice and Fire Manipulation, while not really effective against Absol, they should give him some trouble, especially his Ice one. Tsuna has his own Power Nulls, and thei problaby are more effective than Taunt, since he can Nullify every type of Attacks, meaning that he can prob nullify Thunder and other range attacks from Absol, but the thing that Tsuna really have on his edge is Petrification, that can guarantee a clear win for Tsuna.

The thing that Absol really have here is Fear Manip, Range and variety, the Fear can really affect Tsuna, since he is in the end of the day, just a human, and that Fear can prob affect Natsu, but i think in a less extent, his Fear Manip could even make his dodging less effective.

Overall, this is a much more Close fight than I imagined, Tsuna have the AP and alot of abilities that can help, but, for me, Absol's Passive Fear Manip will really play a alot here, giving him the win with High-diff

Excellent argument.

How good is Absol's fear manip? Most anime protags have strong will or fight through fear fairly often. I'd assume it's a blatant, supernatural kind of fear?

Also, Tsuna's "precog" won't be as good here since Absol isn't humanoid. Granted, Absol is still organic, so it'll have some use. Especially given Tsuna's experience fighting box weapons. But it won't be nearly as effective as usual.

His Fear Manip scares people to death in his mega form while not boosted by Intimidator (Intimidator itself makes the target so scared that he loses his attack chance), though i never watched KHR, so i can't say how he would react to fear, but he is a human in the end of the day; i didn't realize that his precog only worked on humanoids, i thought it was in inorganic stuff that it didn't work. Also thank you

It works best against humanoids, and not at all against inorganics. Animals fall in between. And no problem.

I think Tsuna would be fine. He's thrust into a world of mafia at 14 years old despite being the literal worst at everything in his class. Including being scared of everything. He literally fights with the will to die, so he's not really scared of death. Otherwise he'd literally be unable to use his abilities to such an extent. I think the fear inducement will be less of an issue here. The statistics amplification on Absol's part seems to be a larger issue. In particular since Absol doesn't seem to use any energy based attacks.

Also, i was not really saying that Tsuna would die, i was only pointing out how his Fear Manip is strong and could maybe freeze Tsuna in place

Given that their fear manip is designed to "scare someone to death," that's very unlikely to have any affect on someone who fights with a dying will. They've already moved beyond their fear of death at that point. At most, it would feel like killing intent, which the cast has dealt with before.

I can see this as incon. Since Tsuna might assume Absol to be a box weapon and actually use petrification on them. But Absol seems to have an advantage in raising its statistics, and in precog.

Yeah. There's two ways. But both operate on the same principle.

The sky flames have the element of harmony, which can be used to neutralize attacks through "resonance" with them in a sense. It calms they attacks with the harmony attribute. This attribute applies to his petrification, and to his ice as well. His cloak also bears this effect.

His Power Null seems to be his own thing and don't do damage, so that can be reflected by Magic Bounce, but Tsuna is immune to that anyway

Yeah. Magic bounce might be effective against Natsu's roar. But his power null is normally used to nullify attacks. So I'm not sure if Magic Bounce functions in that way. It always struck me as something that bounces things affecting the pokemon. Not their attacks per se.

Oh, so problaby not, i've never seen a pokemon reflecting something that would change their attacks. The abilities normally affect only the pokemon itself, but there is some that affect the attacks (Mold Breaker) but Magic Bounce is not that one. Another reason to why i think that Tsuna may have the edge here

@Drago Just a heads up, Absol has an ton of stupidly good ap and dura amps as well as abilities that cut the opponent's ap in half

He don't have a Dura Amp IIRC, but he indeed have others amps Edit: Oops, he have, but Curse is a double edge move for Absol anyway

WeeklyBattles said:
@Drago Just a heads up, Absol has an ton of stupidly good ap and dura amps as well as abilities that cut the opponent's ap in half
Oh crap, nvm, I take it back. With AP advantage aside, Mega Absol would take this with the clear edge in versatility as well. I also forgot that Magic Bounce can actually be a thing here :p

Magic Bounce would only reflect Power Null here, but since the Power Null don't target Absol, but his attacks, i think that Power Null would work here

Only edge Tsuna has is petrification and power null. Petrification should be able to bypass magic bounce with the harmony characteristic.

But Absol has many crazy ways to stat amp and stat deduct. Which is why I think it's more incon.

My Fear reason was debunked by Litentric, but i found other win-con, Me First can be used to use petrification, that can be acomplished if Absol use Detect and the extra hit that the IQ skills give, letting he to use Petrification first

Eh, i saided that the Fear Manip was the reason that Absol could win this and that was debunked, but Litentric and Weekly pointed out how godd amps normally are, and Absol can use petrification before Tsuna, so that should be fine

Back