• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Absol vs Tsunayoshi Sawada

@Drite

You just edit your comment before i post my comment above...

You just F***ING edit your comment before i post my comment above.

I still think Absol's fear manip would be effective; intimidator works on the like of Grovyle from PMD.

On a sidenote, I really wanna investigate how magic coat interacts with wonder orbs from PMD. But I do know that Magic Coat, and by extension Magic Bounce, reflects the effects of the Petrify Wand (to petrify the opponent)

I still hold that it's incon here.

Firstly, Absol's specific fear manip having any more affect than, say Genkishi's killing intent goes against the mechanics of dying will flames as a whole. His fear manip isn't going to randomly bypass an entire mechanic where one must accept and be willing to die to bring out their full strength.

Secondly, Tsuna is more mobile than Absol given his flight and peak performance characteristic of his hard flames. Additionally, he also has ranged attacks, something that Absol is lacking in. Tsuna doesn't have to necessarily get close.

Even with statistics amp, which is the main thing keeping Absol in the running as Tsuna resists or bypasses most of Absol's other stuff, statistics amp will only mean so much if Absol finds it difficult to land a hit on Tsuna in the first place. It's simply that the hits that Absol does land, will count more than Tsuna's.

Lastly, since Tsuna will likely assume Absol to be some insane box weapon, petrification is extremely viable. (I also can't recall whether or not things that hit his cloak become petrified). Furthermore, the harmony attribute of his sky flames allows him to bypass magic bounce, meaning that his petrification would work just fine. This is complicated by things like detect, but Absol still must get in close to do any real damage. With in complicated heavily by flight, petrification, and very long ranged attacks in the form of X-Burner.

Also, not sure if the extra IQ skills means copying skills, but in order for him to use one of Tsuna's skills, he would need to have the same flame attribute (under verse equalization), and there's no way of knowing what flame attribute Absol would have. (Though we could likely make good guesses).

Absol have Dark Pulse, Snarl, Future Sight, Thunder, Razor Wind, Hex and Psycho Cut for range attacks. Me first would copy his abilities, there is somes that Me First can't copy, but none of them are like this example, so Absol could possibly copy that. Also, Me First increases the power of that move by 50%, and this only works with damaging moves

Tsuna's cloak petrifies things, and power nullification of sky flames is via petrification...so Tsuna has resistance given the fact that he could harm Byakuran even when using white applause.

GyroNutz said:
On a sidenote, I really wanna investigate how magic coat interacts with wonder orbs from PMD. But I do know that Magic Coat, and by extension Magic Bounce, reflects the effects of the Petrify Wand (to petrify the opponent)
Petrification isn't a wincon here.

@Liten

Absol's fear manip wouldnt work on Tsuna, it explicitly works on the faint of heart.

Absol is far from lacking when it comes to ranged attacks. Razor Wing, Future Sight, Hex, Dark Pulse, and Thunder are all ranged options Absol has.

Absol's bread and butter stat amps are going to be swords dance and double team coupled with leer and snarl to amp its defense, create dozens of copies of itself to raise evasiveness, and lower Tsuna's durability and AP, specifically his AP with his special attacks significantly. Future Sight ensures a hit on Tsuna via precog.

Magic Coat would actually reflect petrification even if Magic Bounce doesnt. Range is not an issue as i listed above. Detect helps as well.

As for IQ skills, Absol has a passive dura amp via Brick Tough, a passive accuracy amp via Concentrator, a damage boost if its attack misses via Practice Swinger, a passive AP amp via Aggressor, partial damage reflection via Counter Basher, an evasiveness amp via Clutch Performer, an attack rate amp via Extra Striker, and the ability to use moves that normally require a charge time without needing to charge them via No Charger

Absol can also just use Perish Song to force an incon

Tsuna's profile says that he can see through illusions, while this is not that good, this can help in indentify Absol among his copies

Replying on mobile is annoying.

@Gyro

Petrification nullifies magic bounce and magic coat, so if works fine. As previously stated. The harmony attribute acts as a form of power nullification. The harmony attribute isn't so specific as to only nullify one thing. It nullifies whatever comes in contact with it.

@Weekly

Fair enough on the ranged attacks. Though I doubt they can travel a kilometer the way the X-Burner can. I also doubt any of them have the AoE of the X-Burner.

Also, I'm pretty sure future sight is just really good precog. If Tsuna is hundreds of meters in the air, he's out of range. And future sight won't help in that situation.

It sounds like a bunch of stat amp and deduction, lol. Which I'm not arguing against. I'm arguing that's what keeps Absol in it against a more skilled opponent whom is resistant to most of their hax, has better range, and can win through petrification. Though freezing is also another technical win con made incredibly likely if Absol uses any kind of energy attacks. Though if Tsuna assumes Absol to be a box weapon, he'll assume he can freeze Absol regardless. This gives his another win con.

The last thing on Perish song agrees with me thinking it's inconclusive, lol.

@Liten Just confirming what Drite said for your first two pints and part of your third, Absol has a range of tens of kilometers, so he actually has the range advantage over Tsuna and Future Sight would work just fine as its a combination of precog and a psychic attack

Would you mind explaining how petrification gets through Mirror Coat? Absol doesnt have any energy-based attacks so thats a no to freezing.

Sure. His petrification works on the sky flame's harmony characteristic. This attribute calms the other flames, essentially nullifying their abilities before turning the subject in contact to stone. This is why magic bounce and coat don't work here. And they are power nulled in order for the petrification to take place.

Tsuna can also freeze Absol's body. Seeing an energy attack is just a more obvious ploy for Tsuna to go for freezing or energy absorption.

Actually, calm might not be the best word for it. Resonante perhaps? As calm is specificaly noted for the rain flames, even though both nullify other abilities.

But why would Magic Coat and Magic Bounce be treated as Flames?

As for being Frozen, Absol actually has an IQ skill that lets him cure himself of being frozen

Oh and it apparently cures Perish Song as well meaning Absol doesnt have to force an incon as it will survive its own Perish Song

In part due to verse equalization. Also in part because Absol is likely to be seen asa box weapon here. But also because the petrification has been shown to work on live bodies and bears the same harmony characteristic.

Though I'm considering switching to Absol, since I was mistaken on the range, and all the AP buffs and debuffs are wild, lol.

@Liten Turns out that Absol's ability Self-Curer is broken af as it will cleanse him of petrification, freezing, and sealing

Back