• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@22Easy

The issue here is about how this handles in a debate. As I understood it, Fire was trying to say that you have to resistance to Sealing to stop Type 2 Sealing.

What I'm saying is:

Type 2 Sealing = Form of Power Null

Character resistant to Power Null = Resistant to Type 2 Sealing.

Naturally, it depends on what exactly is being sealed. Resistance to Power Null won't stop someone from Sealing your memories of having those powers in the first place.

TheC2 said:
@22Easy
The issue here is about how this handles in a debate. As I understood it, Fire was trying to say that you have to resistance to Sealing to stop Type 2 Sealing.

What I'm saying is:

Type 2 Sealing = Form of Power Null

Character resistant to Power Null = Resistant to Type 2 Sealing.
Oh ok. I can accept that.

Basic Bookmaker is Stats reduction aKa PNull

But a pretty Powerfull Stat Reduction

however

It seems he can "Seal" Ajimu except that we never saw how it happened and Ajimu let himself

DodoNova2 said:
Basic Bookmaker is Stats reduction aKa PNull
But a pretty Powerfull Stat Reduction

however

It seems he can "Seal" Ajimu except that we never saw how it happened and Ajimu let himself
C'mon. It's directly stated on the profile that an exact copy of Ajimu that had no reason to let herself get sealed, got sealed. That's ignoring the fact Bookmaker is consistently referred to as sealing throughout the series, acts exactly as type 2 sealing, and the scans above support this. So why would we put it as Power null+stat reduction.

22Easy said:
Oh ok. I can accept that.
What? No, that's not how it works. If minuses are resistant to power nullification doesn't mean Bookmaker just won't work on them. Let me explain here:

Power null negates ur right to use ur powers or just outright negates the powers

Sealing t2 basically disconects u and your powers. Everything that makes you better than a minus is being sealed or being hold somewhere where the user cannot reach it.

@TheC2

They are similar, but they still require different resistances. As i said before: plot and fate are REALLY similar though immunity to plot =/= immunity to fate. Instead of equations it should just be fixed.

@DodoNova2

Not exactly, bookmaker is ALWAYS a seal. When Shiranui screwed up (pun intended) and got hit by bookmaker, Kumagawa said "you powers are sealed" (even though it was just 1 screw), check the scan on the oppening.

Antvasima said:
So would the following conclusions be accurate?

Bookmaker can both seal others, negate their powers, and reduce their statistics, and works as durability negation, but likely only when used by Kumagawa.

Cross-universal teleportation is a no.

Scar dead is a mixture of biological and mind manipulation, and works via durability negation.

Unknown durability via Encounter.

Medaka has supernatural luck.

Resurrection via All Fiction is fine, but we do not know how to properly classify the degree of Regenerationn.

Gagamaru using intangibility rather than simply shunting damage elsewhere seems doubtful.
This pointless circular arguing is getting us nowhere, and most of us are sick and tired of the relentlessly argumentative Medaka threads.

I think that somebody should apply these accepted changes to the pages, so we can close this thread.

We should also get some kind of regulation for banning further Medaka revision discussions. The series is ended, and virtually nothing new or useful can be added from them.

DodoNova2 said:
Personally I have no problem with type 2 seal or PNull + Stats reduc
Don't get me wrong. I barely read/watch Medaka Box. I'd have no problem with PNull+Stats reduc is Sealing wasn't a better fit. If it acts like sealing, and is directly stated to be sealing, then why would it not be listed as sealing? Again, just because it acts like PNull+Stats reduc doesn't take away from the fact it IS sealing.

We should actually note that Type 2 Sealing can overlap with many other powers and abilities. Power Null, Memory Manipulation, Stats Reduction, just to name a few.

Whether a character can deal with that or not depends on their own resistances or how the seal itself operates.

TheC2 said:
We should actually note that Type 2 Sealing can overlap with many other powers and abilities. Power Null, Memory Manipulation, Stats Reduction, just to name a few.
Whether a character can deal with that or not depends on their own resistances or how the seal itself operates.
Doesn't make it "ok" to treat a seal as a power null when there are other power null's in the verse that are not defined as "seals".

@Ant

Those seem okay.

@Fire

You misunderstand. Type 2 sealing essentially boils down to Pnull+Stats reduc. The same way someone with Time manip can't do shit against an acasual with it, Bookmaker won't do shit against someone with those said resistence. And depending on the resistence to Power Null, you may not even need resistence to stat reduc.

@TheC2

That shouldn't be a note, but it should be briefly summarized after it's listed in the powers and abilities.

@Firephoenixearl

I would appreciate if you do not make any further comments in this discussion, as we will never ever be able to reach any constructive conclusions if you continue.

Also, sorry for double post, but @Ant. I don't think we should ban Medaka revisions purely based on that. If we used that logic earlier, then the following changes made today wouldn't have happened, and profiles would be less accurate. Maybe banning specific types of discussion within the verse, like universal creation or whatever is possible though.

22Easy said:
@TheC2

That shouldn't be a note, but it should be briefly summarized after it's listed in the powers and abilities.
Well, I didn't mean a literal 'NOTE', I was basically saying that it needs to be included with the descrption/summary on the actual Sealing page.

Sorry, if I didn't make that clear.

Well, we could also ask Firephoenixearl to not start any more of them, as he is the one that makes the current thread so thoroughly exasperating, and likely past ones as well, but I may misremember.

I don't think resistance to power null would automatically make someone resistant to type 2 sealing.

Because the person would still have to either break the seal or overcome it somehow, which isn't at all the mechanics of most power null type powers.

Antvasima said:
Well, we could also ask Firephoenixearl to not start any more of them, as he is the one that makes the current thread so thoroughly exasperating, and likely past ones as well, but I may misremember.
Ok. I can agree to that. He can contact a mod or a knowledgable user if he thinks it's important enough.

22Easy said:
@Fire

You misunderstand. Type 2 sealing essentially boils down to Pnull+Stats reduc. The same way someone with Time manip can't do shit against an acasual with it, Bookmaker won't do shit against someone with those said resistence. And depending on the resistence to Power Null, you may not even need resistence to stat reduc.
Well...no. They acomplish the same thing, they don't work the same way doe. Obliterating a rock with no remains (via a really strong attack) and erasing it from existence do acomplish similarly the same thing. Both get rid of the rock on an atomic level (since a rock is inanimate physical destruction = existence erasure). Though one can be tanked through sheer strength and one can only be resisted through resistance to existence erasure. Both do similarly the same thing and arrive to the exact same conclusion though the way in which they arrive at that conclusion is completely different. That's why Type 2 Sealing while it has similar effects to power null, it doesn't work the same way, resistance to power null does not = resistance to type 2 sealing. Type 2 Sealing while still being similar to power null needs specific resistance to atribute sealing.

I don't know who mentioned it on this thread, but I think I saw someone mention it, that maybe Medaka's Encounter should be scaled to her durability. I don't think this could be applied to her profile in a written way, but maybe as a rule of thumb. I don't think it is unreasonable to scale a character's defensive hax to their own durability

Alright then:

Firephoenixearl, please stop responding to this thread, and do not create any further Medaka revision topics in the future. You are causing them to become thoroughly chaotic, neverending, exasperating, and inefficient.

Nothing constructive will ever actually get done the way that this discussion is developing.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I don't know who mentioned it on this thread, but I think I saw someone mention it, that maybe Medaka's Encounter should be scaled to her durability. I don't think this could be applied to her profile in a written way, but maybe as a rule of thumb. I don't think it is unreasonable to scale a character's defensive hax to their own durability
Mr. Common Sense mentioned doing a calc, a little while ago, to say how much force Encounter could stop. Haven't heard anything since.

Antvasima said:
Bookmaker can both seal others, negate their powers, and reduce their statistics, and works as durability negation, but likely only when used by Kumagawa.

Cross-universal teleportation is a no.

Scar dead is a mixture of biological and mind manipulation, and works via durability negation.

Resurrection via All Fiction is fine, but we do not know how to properly classify the degree of Regenerationn.

Gagamaru using intangibility rather than simply shunting damage elsewhere seems doubtful.
So is anybody experienced willing to apply these changes?

Antvasima said:
Antvasima said:
Bookmaker can both seal others, negate their powers, and reduce their statistics, and works as durability negation, but likely only when used by Kumagawa. Cross-universal teleportation is a no.

I am also fine with those. Someone close this as soon as those are added.

The relevant pages seem to be Medaka Kurokami, Misogi Kumagawa, Gagamaru Chougasaki, and Shibuki Shibushi.

Which ones need to be unlocked?

I would add them myself but I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to making profiles. But as far as I'm concerned. Everything you said needs to be unlocked.

Antvasima said:
The relevant pages seem to be Medaka Kurokami, Misogi Kumagawa, Gagamaru Chougasaki, and Shibuki Shibushi.
Which ones need to be unlocked?
Well basically all of them. Each of them has at least 1 accepted change for their profile. So maybe unlock them in order?

I will unlock them, but somebody experienced needs to handle the revisions.

WeeklyBattles said:
Oh no thats absolutely what this is, hell this thing spawned because she was losing to 682
Quite ironic considering that you have done that in the past or call a stomp to avoid losing several times in a row, but let's just leave it there...

1) IMO, Booksmaker is both Power Sealing and Statistics Reduction, it has showed both properties.

2) Unsure 'cause we don't know how she did it.

3) Seems fine. Although, idk if it fits for Matter Manpulation.

4) Not gonna lie, this sounds quite NLF.

5) Totally fine with Supernatural Luck.

6) More resurrection rather than Regenerationn. Afterall it only erases the cause and effect.

7) Unsure about this.

8) That isn't intangibility per say.

Kepekley23 said:
I can help out.
Thanks so:

• All Fiction guarantee Resurrection and resurect automatically
  • Scar Death Bypass Durability by attacking someone's mind by bringing out the psychological tromas
  • Medaka has Supernatural Luck
  • Bookmaker is type 2 sealing

DodoNova2 said:
Kepekley23 said:
I can help out.
Thanks so:
  • All Fiction guarantee Resurrection and resurect automatically
  • Scar Death Bypass Durability by attacking someone's mind by bringing out the psychological tromas
  • Medaka has Supernatural Luck
  • Bookmaker is type 2 sealing
You forgot "durability negation" on Bookmaker. Ant said ok to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back