• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ant

okay but I'm absolutely sure that someone will say that Encounter can even counter tier 3 or 2 attacks which is a NLF

We are an indexing site first, so Unknown stands because we don't truly know the upper limits. We could, however, have it treated as Multi-City Block for the purposes of a VS thread for practical reasons.

So is anybody willing to apply the accepted changes to the Medaka Kurokami, Misogi Kumagawa, Gagamaru Chougasaki, and Shibuki Shibushi pages?

TheC2 said:
We are an indexing site first, so Unknown stands because we don't truly know the upper limits. We could, however, have it treated as Multi-City Block for the purposes of a VS thread for practical reasons.
^^^^^^^

@PaChi2

Would you be willing to handle updating the pages?

Ok so my say on everything: @Ant

1. Bookmaker is a seal, type 2 seal fits the description perfectly (read the op, it's there). So a STRONG type 2 seal, that seals ANY atribute that makes you a plus. Also Bookmaker makes you equal to a minus (kumagawa said so himself).

2. But like how did she cross universes? How did she fight the king of another universe and come back?

3. Scar Dead, I think this was concluded, i mean it's just a minor fix, since pain would only affect the brain not the actual body.

4. Well how would you explain shibuki saying that being strong is useless against Gagamaru?

5. Concluded

6. What are we doing here again? Are we just putting "can come back from death independed of the state of the body"?

7. This has been concluded for the most part, i mean it literally doesn't attack your body, so i don't see how it is limited by how tough the person is.

8. Hinokage said he wasn't feeling the hits. He doesn't phase through, but he the object literally takes the punch, so like he thinks he's attacking Gagamaru but he's actually directly attacking the steel frame. So intangability as in "surroundings are in the way", no matter how u go around it, u will always hit the steel frame, not the kind of "phasing" intangability.

Now as for All Fiction i would actually be down to make a page on how it works, and what it does, so that we can link the resurection to that page instead of Regenerationn or ressurection which don't rly describe all fiction correctly. @Ant tell me if i should make it, and whether i should describe EVERYTHING on all fiction (which i would actually preffer since we could just link "all fiction" and "ressurection" "causality manipulation" "erasure" will all be included) or just the revivng part.

"The second type of sealing involves removing or locking attributes or even concepts of a target. Examples include sealing a target's magic or ki energy, or even their movement or consciousness. This type of sealing denies the target use of these aspects rather than specifically placing them in another object. These effects can be temporary or permanent depending on the user."

"Power Nullification is simply the power to nullify other powers, negating their effects and effectively rendering the target a normal being. The means and limitations of this ability vary from media to media, but typically only works on other supernatural powers. Particularly powerful users can not only nullify powers that have been activated but prevent them from being used in the first place or even seal or steal abilities permanently."

Type 2 Sealing and Power Nullification are the same thing

Book Maker is not sealing, it is power nullification and stat reduction

WeeklyBattles said:
Type 2 Sealing and Power Nullification are the same thing
Plot and Fate are also the same then? They do a SIMILAR THING, though 1 is outright nullifying the power, the other is just sealing them somewhere. It's like saying BFR and killing is the same cus they both are win conditions (ofc we'r assuming the opponent can't deal with either). Though if someone were to be immune to death, he wouldn't be immune to BFR, cus 1 is literally ending you, the other is making you unable to do anything in a huge space.

Bookmaker seals ur ability to use the abilities, you become incapable of anything. And if they rly were the exact same thing, they wouldn't be different. There would be no type 2 sealing, but only power nullification. And again my point, immunity to power null =/= immunity to sealing.

Firephoenixearl said:
Now as for All Fiction i would actually be down to make a page on how it works, and what it does, so that we can link the resurection to that page instead of Regenerationn or ressurection which don't rly describe all fiction correctly. @Ant tell me if i should make it, and whether i should describe EVERYTHING on all fiction (which i would actually preffer since we could just link "all fiction" and "ressurection" "causality manipulation" "erasure" will all be included) or just the revivng part.
No. If a page for All Fiction is made it should be someone else. You'll just NLF it to the Moon and back.

TheC2 said:
Just like how Soul Sealing a form of Sealing but also of facet of Soul Manipulation. Overlap does happen.
Yeah but still you need "sealing resistance" for on and "soul resistance" for the other.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
No. If a page for All Fiction is made it should be someone else. You'll just NLF it to the Moon and back.
I'll be sure to add a "NFL ONLY (can't be used in vs threads). And if anything is wrong, i can always accept feedback.

Firephoenixearl said:
I'll be sure to add a "NFL ONLY (can't be used in vs threads). And if anything is wrong, i can always accept feedback.
If you can make clear distictions between Statements and Feats, then fine. But I'd love to see the page when finished, provided it needs to be made in the first place.

DodoNova2 said:
Concerning Seal, IDK (but it is said that this has sealed Ajimu)
Yeah and there are other powers in Medaka Box that work similarly to Bookmaker but are called Power Nullification and not "sealing", im talking about Life Zero. There is no argument that Bookmaker should be a power null instead of a seal, other than "they work similarly" which is not an argument as i said before.

So which do u agree with? (which points)

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
If you can make clear distictions between Statements and Feats, then fine. But I'd love to see the page when finished, provided it needs to be made in the first place.
So should i make it?

Firephoenixearl said:
Yeah but still you need "sealing resistance" for on and "soul resistance" for the other.
Not necessarily. If you are trying to Soul Seal a character who has proven to be highly resistant to Soul Hax in general, a case can be made that the character could possibly shrug it off.

It's not a black or white topic. Details vary.

TheC2 said:
Not necessarily. If you are trying to Soul Seal a character who has proven to be highly resistant to Soul Hax in general, a case can be made that the character could possibly shrug it off.

It's not a black or white topic. Details vary.
This case is varied, since soul sealing is basically a sub category of soul manipulation. Though power null and sealing are different.

Bookmaker being power null+ stat reduction seems to make the most sense here, since type 2 sealing is basically power null.

But if it's type two sealing, should it not be said so on the profile. If it is sealing, why list it as something else?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm sorry, Phoenix, but this idea of adding a "This is an NLF" note to a page is the worse thing I ever heard. If it is an NLF don't add it.
Even if i outright BAN it from being used in vs battles. I mean just stating what it is limited by and what it is not limited by, i personally don't see a problem with adding "NFL (banned from being used in VS threads)" i see it being a pretty nice addition for ppl to talk about in "General discussions" or something like that.

Firephoenixearl said:
This case is varied, since soul sealing is basically a sub category of soul manipulation. Though power null and sealing are different.
Except as Weekly has pointed out, Type 2 Sealing and Power Null are basically the same thing. Type 2 Sealing is a form of Power Null. Type 1 Sealing is totally different.

We can always update the Sealing page.

TheC2 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Except as Weekly has pointed out, Type 2 Sealing and Power Null are basically the same thing. Type 2 Sealing is a form of Power Null. Type 1 Sealing is totally different.
We can always update the Sealing page.
If it is type two sealing then it should be put as sealing on the profile. Just because it's basically something else doesn't mean we rate it as anything other then it actually is.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sealing off someone's power is power Nullification
The sealing page should likely be updated then. Regardless, I still don't see why it's not listed as sealing if it explicitly seals their power away. Just because they're basically the same thing doesn't mean we should list it as something it isn't. There are similar powers on this wiki like Fate manip, and Plot manip, but even though they're often used the same way, we list them differently because..., they're different. If All fiction "seals" off your power then it should be listed as Type 2 sealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back