• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka box - Prior knowledge

Characters from Medaka box like Kumagawa or Ajimu could have prior knowledge via reference other shounen jump manga ?

Well yes.

Earlier in a thread it was agreed that a verse can be given previous knowledge on a verse if they specifically state that. And from it these titles are included in medaka box:

Dragon Ball, yu gi oh, naruto iirc, jojo and more, can't find the scan right now.

No Might 09 said:
But does it not depend on how much she actually knows about them? Does she know everything about them?
Well considering they know stuff like techniques, characters, occupations and more. And considering they do reference things from them every now and again. I don't see why they would lack knowledge. They should be about as knowledgeable as a normal reader of these verses, while obviously lacking info on Not Canon material.

Well considering they know stuff like techniques, characters, occupations and more. And considering they do reference things from them every now and again. I don't see why they would lack knowledge. They should be about as knowledgeable as a normal reader of these verses, while obviously lacking info on Not Canon material.

But its a bit of an assumption to think they know all of what they could do correct? Someone dosent have to watch jojo to know who dio is and what a za warudo is. Its safe to only count the things that they actually mention.

That's not a good example. Ppl know of dio and za warudo because other ppl know it and have made it famous. Same as how many ppl know of rakudai in this wiki despite 90% of them not being even anime viewers, let alone having read the novels.

Same doesn't apply in fiction. Though even if you were to say that we do see characters like misogi reading shonen jump. You'd actually have to prove why it wouldn't apply at this point.

Doesn't Medaka's "The End" works with knowledge? That's how she became superior to all the professors who tried to teach her.

That would be a slutty bitch, but they do. They are metaphorical characters starting from this pre-supposed one. They have knowledge that certain Jump works are manga, and have been read by them, as well as by Zenkichi or Kamome, so yes, they have prior knowledge.

Revy Lee said:
That would be a slutty bitch, but they do. They are metaphorical characters starting from this pre-supposed one. They have knowledge that certain Jump works are manga, and have been read by them, as well as by Zenkichi or Kamome, so yes, they have prior knowledge.
But in how many situations prior knowlegde it really usefull ? Do nothing for passives and majority thought based ability. It help against Jojo stand or verses with specific powers condition, that only I can think about.

Prior Knowledge would help SBA characters lead with the most effective power they have 1st instead of fooling around, like All Fiction.

Guardspace said:
Revy Lee said:
But in how many situations prior knowlegde it really usefull ? Do nothing for passives and majority thought based ability. It help against Jojo stand or verses with specific powers condition, that only I can think about.
It really helps, but it would be a little unfair. This is not the first time this has happened in a Jump franchise. Some authors are always making references to their superiors or who is a big fan.

It's that thing, do they know? Yes!
can you use it? do not know

TheEndlessDesire said:
Joke comment: That the author smashed their keyboard when making statements i.e. One of Ajimu's abilities grants her eternal life, she has lived for over 3 trillio
Her age being 3,402,193,822,311 even though she 12,858,051,967,633,862 skills. (But at present, Ajimu has demonstrated or explained 814 different skills.) I'd say she is 1-C at most (via Law Man)
I bought Databook from MB months ago and am working for a translation. Najimi has a quote that she "was born from nothing" and she was there before the universe came into being. By theory, this is beyond 1-C. But I wouldn't kick so much, I believe I'll do a Thread when I finish translating everything.

Like Isekai protagonists knowing they have been transported to another world and think they know what's up because it's been in Japan's culture.

Revy Lee said:
It really helps, but it would be a little unfair. This is not the first time this has happened in a Jump franchise. Some authors are always making references to their superiors or who is a big fan.

I think that advantage from being metafiction, like many cartoons can have toon force adventage. On other side Medaka Box being metafiction cause many problems like scalling and how work thing like soul, fate and other.

Guardspace said:
Revy Lee said:

I think that advantage from being metafiction, like many cartoons can have toon force adventage. On other side Medaka Box being metafiction cause many problems like scalling and how work thing like soul, fate and other.
Personally I see no problems, characters like Najimi and Kumagawa are already metafiction. But this particular case can't be used for knowledge, it seems a little unfair. And the mockery is the least, Medaka Box has rules, who knows knows that mocking is out of context.

Revy Lee said:
Personally I see no problems, characters like Najimi and Kumagawa are already metafiction. But this particular case can't be used for knowledge, it seems a little unfair. And the mockery is the least, Medaka Box has rules, who knows knows that mocking is out of context.
I thinking about Medaka box as metfication series rather than single characters. Problems like:

- Everyone use own hax which rarely can be AP;

- Many event is offscreen;

- Najimi being omnipotent yet being one-shoted by IIhiko.

- Many power from Najimi with many posible interpretation, because is only from single sentence.

I'm certain this is more.

Firephoenixearl said:
Most of the important characters are actually symbols or representations of certain tropes or characters/beings.
I started thinking that Najimi with being all of humanity if don't live longer than universe and have powers she lack could most canon equivalent composite character.

If TheEndlessDesire is a troll, you should report him.

Fine, I'll take it back. You are a new user and you started saying unrelated things. People have been dealing with an influx of trolls lately and I'm a little on edge as a result.

My apologies.

Back