• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Tier 6 Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it invalidate his current 6-C rating when feat's energy yield would only be the total amount of energy taken to the body in one single second (Due to the whole watts and joules/sec shenanigans surrounding the feat)? Thor survived being blasted by it for more than a few minutes before the actual damage started to kick in (One second would be literally a cakewalk for him). One second worth of the energy would be his durability, any longer and that's endurance.

Also Awakened Thor fought against Hela, who can shatter Uru, Uru itself being the sole metal used to forge Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet, which tanked the 5.836 gigaton (Island level) snap surge.
Would we be able to calc how much energy Thor was able to tank before passing out?

Yo, sorry for the late reply since you messaged me on my message wall. Yeah, I agree with 6-C being somewhat of a lowball. Also considering that a heavily weakened Hela was capable of shattering Mjolnir, which is made of the same metal as the IG and the IG tanked it twice leaves me to believe that the higher end feats are consistent.

I don't know how you got Mjolnir scaling to the IG considering we currently accept the hammer as only 6-C because of the weird shenanigans of Thor's power.

Alright so I've spent days looking at the Tesseract feat and all I've got is a massive headache.

Right, so looking at the actual quote for the Tesseract feat, it seems flimsier than I initially thought when put into context

Steve Rogers: Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?

Bruce Banner: He'd have to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier.

Tony Stark: Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect.

Bruce Banner: Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet.
So the 120 million value was Bruce Banner theorizing the energy required to activate the Tesseract's powers. The Coulomb barrier is to overcome the repulsion between particles so nuclear fusion can be achieved, which Thanos definitely did not cause.

However I guess you could still argue that the cube would have to survive that heat. But then Tony did propose that Selvig could have figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect. in simple words, think of it as quantum mechanics bullshit that allows you to achieve nuclear fusion at a lower temperature, which is how stars in real life do so. I've been looking for a while and I'm not sure if Selvig was implied to have figured that out in the movie and I don't have time to rewatch the whole thing right now.

It's definitely rather iffy to use as a main supporting feat to say the least. I'll look more into it when I feel better but best spend your times debating other feats.

Alright so I've spent days looking at the Tesseract feat and all I've got is a massive headache.

Right, so looking at the actual quote for the Tesseract feat, it seems flimsier than I initially thought when put into context

So the 120 million value was Bruce Banner theorizing the energy required to activate the Tesseract's powers. The Coulomb barrier is to overcome the repulsion between particles so nuclear fusion can be achieved, which Thanos definitely did not cause.

However I guess you could still argue that the cube would have to survive that heat. But then Tony did propose that Selvig could have figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect. in simple words, think of it as quantum mechanics bullshit that allows you to achieve nuclear fusion at a lower temperature, which is how stars in real life do so. I've been looking for a while and I'm not sure if Selvig was implied to have figured that out in the movie and I don't have time to rewatch the whole thing right now.

It's definitely rather iffy to use as a main supporting feat to say the least. I'll look more into it when I feel better but best spend your times debating other feats.
Well that's a massive L

mean technically but was it somehow confirmed as canon by anyone from Marvel?
Well it doesn't really need to be canon, since they're just doing what we try to do but with a lot more resources.

The Tesseract in the MCU is confirmed to be structured as a actual Tesseract and the force is based on that.

It's like the time Harvard calculated Hammy's speed from over the hedge.

The graphic tesseract Mr. Cranford created to calculate Thanos's strength was based off simulated carbon bonds, we don't know what the cube is actually made up other than it's needs more than millions of kelvins to force a nuclear reaction.

Yo, sorry for the late reply since you messaged me on my message wall. Yeah, I agree with 6-C being somewhat of a lowball. Also considering that a heavily weakened Hela was capable of shattering Mjolnir, which is made of the same metal as the IG and the IG tanked it twice leaves me to believe that the higher end feats are consistent.
Not to mention the IG is hollow compared to hammer sama

Not to mention the IG is hollow compared to hammer sama
So hollow Uru survives the snap and solid hammer sama is... more durable then? KEK

But seriously, they're made of the same metal, they'd need to be of the same durability bare minimum. If something hollow can survive the surge, chances are, something pure solid should have no problem at all.

The graphic tesseract Mr. Cranford created to calculate Thanos's strength was based off simulated carbon bonds, we don't know what the cube is actually made up other than it's needs more than millions of kelvins to force a nuclear reaction.
Only proves that this entire feat is a low-ball.

And even then, 120 million lbs is like, Class M.

Guys can we discuss the MCU Iron Man meteor feat.

Donttalk said to calculate it we get the overall KE - The impact of the crater, so it's usable
So KE of the meteor - crater impact = energy tanked by Iron Man? Which would bypass the surface area bullcrap because he'd be rammed into the ground and not sent flying so momentum can't get its grasp on it?

So KE of the meteor - crater impact = energy tanked by Iron Man? Which would bypass the surface area bullcrap because he'd be rammed into the ground and not sent flying so momentum can't get its grasp on it?
This is what Donttalk said:

"I mean, on the stuff exploding directly into ones face thing I can't say anything helpful and not really put anything helpful on the page either.
That is a decision so ancient that even I barely remember.
Guess it goes in the same vein of us not really subtracting environmental damage from the power of an attack when we determine durability and that it is not too far of the actual result anyways. Basically another simplification for scaling.

As for the meteor thing... it kinda depends IMO.
If the meteor breaks apart on impacting the character and the parts that don't hit the character aren't slowed then yes.
If the meteor hits the character and its KE is mostly cancelled out on impact then the entire meteor should scale on the other hand.

In a case where the meteor stays intact on impact and the KE doesn't visibly get cancelled out things get difficult. In that case, the surface area isn't really what matters IMO. The impact energy isn't really "missing" the character, which is the idea we usually use for inverse-square rulings. Like, in an idealized scenario where the character stands on an indestructible floor it would need to take 100% of the impact, as the parts of the meteor that don't hit the character can't fly past it without the meteor breaking apart.
With a destructible floor, things get more difficult. The impact would press the character into the earth and then the impact is split between it and the earth that gets hit. If this were real-life physics I would say calculate the energy to cause the displayed amount of destruction to the floor, subtract it from the meteors KE and the result is the difference that the character being there made. However, in fiction, we have the trouble with the AoE not reflecting power.
So that makes that difficult. Personally, I would say that by The Rules of Fiction™ the character is probably comparable to the attack's power. Similar to how we would scale a character that gets hit by an energy beam and flung out of its path without absorbing 100% of the beam to the attackers AP. Maybe err on the side of caution and downscale a character by a tier if the AP was close to baseline.
That's my take at least.
"

Take that if it is suitable for usable calculations

this also just ignores what Thor survived or dealt in his own destruction of sokovia and his other AP feats that he'd have to scale to in durability(i.e Jotunheim, bifrost bridge, etc.) so like I'm not sure where you're going with that
I'm saying we should use the Low 6-B version of the calc because it fits better with his shown feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back