• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A less insane calc of Thor's Jotunheim feat (+ another calc for Mjolnir's speed):
Btw, I'm pretty sure if it's a lightning blast that caused the feat, it should be under AP and not SS

Like the casket causing the ice age, thanos cracking the tesseract?
The first one is a Ice hax feat that scales to no one afaik.

Thanos one was deemed an outlier as it was the highest tier 6 feat that the top tiers scaled to (High 6-B). But if enough feats around that level are found. I think it could be used.

I recall there was a recalc of the Thanos cube feat that was Low 6-B, but I don't remember where.

The first one is a Ice hax feat that scales to no one afaik.

Thanos one was deemed an outlier as it was the highest tier 6 feat that the top tiers scaled to (High 6-B). But if enough feats around that level are found. I think it could be used.

I recall there was a recalc of the Thanos cube feat that was Low 6-B, but I don't remember where.
There is a Low 6-B+ calc for crushing the Tesseract. If High 6-B isn't accepted, this might work, but idk
https://vsbattles.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-thanos-crushes-the-tesseract.17983/

I guess to get this out of the way, but why exactly are we scaling Thor's ability to generate a storm with his ability to punch hard?

I guess to get this out of the way, but why exactly are we scaling Thor's ability to generate a storm with his ability to punch hard?
Remember all the storms and things thor could generate with mjonir scales to him as the hammer was a tool to help him focus the power he had but post awakening he no longer needs the hammer and can generate the raw power by himself it's not contradicted and is coupled by the fact that he physically got much stronger and faster when he awakened too

Pretty sure someone could explain that better than me though because I kinda abridged it

Remember all the storms and things thor could generate with mjonir scales to him as the hammer was a tool to help him focus the power he had
Mjolnir helping him focus his powers and Thor scaling 1:1 to his storms are different subjects. Why isn't this a prime example of Environmental Destruction
Environmental Destruction describes a character's capability to damage and destroy an area around themselves, but not necessarily their capacity to realistically harm their opponent. In practice, this is essentially a non-combat applicable Attack Potency; if a character is able to cause weather phenomena or natural disasters without any reasoning that can support their other statistics being at this level of destructive potency, then they should have trouble or lack the capacity to use these powers to damage characters in comparable tiers.

• Magnus Chase bringing summer to an island. Here, it's one of Magnus' powers that is causing this phenomena, to which it has little to no reasons for applying to his other forms of attack in regards to Attack Potency, Durability, and Striking Strength.

If it's directly from Mjolnir then Awakened Thor automatically scales to his storms because it was stated that Mjolnir was only meant to allow him to focus, control, and wield his own power; which is something he can do and channel naturally Post-Awakening without the need for the hammer as a medium. The fact that he also got physically stronger is only the icing on the cake really.
Already went over this

Mjolnir helping him focus his powers and Thor scaling 1:1 to his storms are different subjects. Why isn't this a prime example of Environmental Destruction
An actual discussion about it is going to have to wait if you're planning on discussing it with me I can't debate it and get into detail rn which is why I abridged it I'm busy irl doing work so I'll say just give it some time for others to answer I believe there's scans and other things for it

Already went over this
But that's not really an explanation of why he physically scales to his storms. Thor is a God of lightning, storms and technically oak trees. One of his abilities to control and generate storms, which is separate from his ability to generate lightning or his ability to punch hard.

I think the main issue is that this is a sudden impact on one spot that spreads out rather than some force apply something over the ice. Tensile strength is especially this because that's about a slow amount of strain and ice is incredibly brittle as a material.

I think it's probably better to just use our fragmentation values rather than this for the calc.

I think the main issue is that this is a sudden impact on one spot that spreads out rather than some force apply something over the ice. Tensile strength is especially this because that's about a slow amount of strain and ice is incredibly brittle as a material.

I think it's probably better to just use our fragmentation values rather than this for the calc.
Alright

Using ice fragmentation values ain't gonna get you much because it's pathetically low. Best bet is on Thor cracking the vibranium spire, which in and out of itself is a massive outlier (Though it did only say "crack" and not shatter, while Thanos was outright able to chip away large pieces of Cap's vibranium shield).

Unless of course pre-awakening stuff is to be 6-C and post-awakening god tiers are to be Low 6-B and above. But even then that poses issues as now Cap's vibranium shield would turn Low 6-B and a whole slew of scaling shenanigans would develop.

Also if we're considering not scaling storm feats to Thor, then his 3.7 gigaton Endgame storm feat also cannot be scaled to his physicals despite Thor downscaling from Thanos's >>>>>5.2 gigaton snap dura feat. Maybe just axe Thor's High 7-A rating and consider him to be at most 6-C. Prolly won't matter much if we go the Low 6-B route tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back