• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, wouldn't it be better if we move Spino's Low 6-B+ calc into a blog rather than a thread?
I remember someone using 0.73 as the emissivity value instead of copper's 0.03 though I'm not sure whether the latter is the correct one.

Also a dude named Podonklos had some issues on the High 6-B version of the Tesseract calc.

Wait, don't need to adjust the temperature to use the canon figure rather than Kep's assumption?
BTW, Kep didn't need to make that assumption, a mere google search would give a 1 million degree kelvin value for neutron stars on average having passed a few thousand years or so.

BTW, Kep didn't need to make that assumption, a mere google search would give a 1 million degree kelvin value for neutron stars on average having passed a few thousand years or so.
But that's for detectable Neutron stars.
There are thought to be around one billion neutron stars in the Milky Way,[16] and at a minimum several hundred million, a figure obtained by estimating the number of stars that have undergone supernova explosions.[17] However, most are old and cold and radiate very little; most neutron stars that have been detected occur only in certain situations in which they do radiate, such as if they are a pulsar or part of a binary system. Slow-rotating and non-accreting neutron stars are almost undetectable; however, since the Hubble Space Telescope detection of RX J185635−3754 in the 1990s, a few nearby neutron stars that appear to emit only thermal radiation have been detected. Soft gamma repeaters are conjectured to be a type of neutron star with very strong magnetic fields, known as magnetars, or alternatively, neutron stars with fossil disks around them.[18]
So Kep's calc is assuming the temperature of a pulsar or high energy neutron star, rather than the one shown in the movie which is old and needed to be restarted. So the 1,000,000 K figure is honestly a rather high end view of the feat.

7-B downgrade again?
No, not with Thanos's 6-C rating being a thing (Considering the fact that Thanos already had an axe in his chest when the feat was done). Worst comes to worst, Thor loses his High 7-A rating and jumps straight to an "At most 6-C" rating given that the Snap's energy surge showed no signs of slowing down.

We still need to talk about Thor's spire-cracking feat that his somehow an outlier yet a major plot point to stop Ultron's mass extinction plan.

I think it would mean the star's temperature isn't that much higher than the melting point, considering it took something like two minutes to melt the ingots with sustained focused energy.
The beam does go through space and several other mechanisms before it reaches the ingots, but oh well.

Aight, understandable.
You'd be more knowledgeable than I would be regarding this, but how do we account for exposure damage? Like Thor would be taking 15 Megatons per second every second for something like 119 seconds using on screen time.

You'd be more knowledgeable than I would be regarding this, but how do we account for exposure damage? Like Thor would be taking 15 Megatons per second every second for something like 119 seconds using on screen time.
Nah, Executor is smarter than I when it comes to astronomy. That being said, didn't DT say that the energy tanked should only be the yield per second and not it being accumulated over time?

Also, another fun thing to drop in cause I’m psychotic. Thor destroyed the ice thing in the first movie which was this large according to some guys who worked on the film:
image0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back