• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With how low the on-screen yield for Thanos' snap was, despite being described as "a power surge of cosmic proportions,
It's just that the MCU writers are writers, not scientiest or military experts.
Plus as mentioned the original 1 million k figure is a large over estimation of a Neutron Star's heat. Thor's one would be significantly lower than that number.

Plus as mentioned the original 1 million k figure is a large over estimation of a Neutron Star's heat. Thor's one would be significantly lower than that number.
Well at least the 6-B cap still remains and we're looking at an upgrade for Thor to "At most 6-C" if we can't scale his KE-based Endgame Storm calc to his physical self which was done uber-casually.

It's an outlier, but it's also pivotal to the plot to stop Ultron's mass extinction plan
Did Friday mean the spire itself would crack or the city? Because the latter one fits in better with her next sentence about the death toll still being in the millions.

With how low the on-screen yield for Thanos' snap was, despite being described as "a power surge of cosmic proportions, no one's ever seen anything like it", I don't trust WoG figures very much
Yeah, that part has always bothered me, even if the number was still rising. 5 gigatons+ seems way too low for that power surge, even visually speaking

Yeah I think it makes more sense if FRIDAY is talking about the city cracking, rather than the spire cracking. The force from Thor is the same either way, its just distributed more efficiently when Iron Man cap's the other end.

Lol can the snap value be upgraded as well wasn't the last number before it cut like 5800 megaton snap should be 5.8 gigatons instead of 5.2(tbh it's probably much higher maybe even 6+ but I digress)

Did Friday mean the spire itself would crack or the city? Because the latter one fits in better with her next sentence about the death toll still being in the millions.
No, it's explicitly the spire mentioned to crack, right after Tony asks what would happen to the vibranium spire if Thor hit it hard enough.

No, it's explicitly the spire mentioned to crack,
But why would cracking the spire effect the damaged the meteor would do? Its the thrusters and the mass are doing the work, not the spire.

I think fragmenting the city into fast moving, smaller chunks makes more contextually sense than cracking the spire.

The dwarves likely tried to keep the neutron star as true-to-form as possible for whatever desirable qualities it had as a power source/forge, or they likely wouldn't have bothered. Plus, using the melting point is an extreme lowball, especially given how fast the Uru melts. Even with a forge running at melting point of a metal, it still takes a good while to actually heat if from room temperature and get it to melt if held at its melting point, not the handful of minutes it took for the Uru to melt

not the handful of minutes it took for the Uru to melt
It only takes Iron about five minutes to melt in most forges for low carbon yields.

The dwarves likely tried to keep the neutron star as true-to-form as possible for whatever desirable qualities it had as a power source/forge,
That's not really a solid justification for using a temperature 20 times higher than Uru's stated melting point. Especially when it took at least three in-universe minutes for the metal to melt.

EDIT: I forgot to take in consideration heating up the forge. Though in this case the star beam can instantly do that while normal forges need to take time to reach that temperature.

Last edited:
It only takes Iron about five minutes to melt in most forges for low carbon yields.

That's not really a solid justification for using a temperature 20 times higher than Uru's stated melting point. Especially when it took at least three in-universe minutes for the metal to melt.

EDIT: I forgot to take in consideration heating up the forge. Though in this case the star beam can instantly do that while normal forges need to take time to reach that temperature.
Foundries are often operating at temperatures in excess of the melting point and also have high ambient temperatures, meaning the metal reaches melting point faster. From what we can see, the ambient temperature of Nidavellir when the forge was restarted seemed pretty cold. And iirc the beam from the neutron star wasn't directly heating the Uru, it hit a receptacle that provided power to the smelter

And I'm still not trusting the same WoG had a never-before-seen power surge of cosmic proportions measured in the gigatons

And I'm still not trusting the same WoG
It's not the same WoG, because neither are WoG. The Uru statement comes from a technical manual and the other is a in-universe measurement. If anything both are actually much harder pieces of evidence than WoG because they occur in licensed marterial.

It's not the same WoG, because neither are WoG. The Uru statement comes from a technical manual and the other is a in-universe measurement. If anything both are actually much harder pieces of evidence than WoG because they occur in licensed marterial.
All the same, still one statistic put in without much thought that makes me doubt whether the other statistic had much thought put into it, either

But it's not. It's dismissing a statement because you don't feel it aligns with our fan calcs, which isn't really how that works.
ee8d019043ad1f74f7fc5fb4dbfd9058_kindlephoto-152143138.jpg

Mfw I read this knowing full well I'm going to keep brushing off and disputing statements

But it's not. It's dismissing a statement because you don't feel it aligns with our fan calcs, which isn't really how that works.
Also I'm dismissing them cuz I think they're kinda crap on their own, even without them not aligning with fan calcs. A "power surge of cosmic proportions, no one's ever seen anything like it" shouldn't be getting dwarfed by the yield of a normal observable solar flare

Also I'm dismissing them cuz I think they're kinda crap on their own, even without them not aligning with fan calcs.
I feel like you can't just dismiss what we don't like because they don't get big numbers. Why trust the team to correctly know the temperature of a pulsar but not the same team when they say Uru's melting point is 50,000k?

Why trust them to make accurate Storm clouds that yield results in the town busting to Mount Everest busting ranges but not when they give a explicit number for the energy released from a IG snap?

You have to take the good with the bad. You can't only have the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back