• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos issues: Infinity Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-A Infinity Gauntlet

This is based off two Stones; The power stone which has two feats calced at 5-A. And the reality stone that has a 5-B statement.

The problems is that with the Power Stone is explicitly said that the bigger the target, the bigger the power surge, meaning that the energy output varies depending on the target, and the 5-A max would only appear against planetary sized beings.

With the Reality Stone, is said it would bring the nine realms into a state of darkness, and because of the abilities shown in IW, it would be more akin to reality warping/transmutation hax that has a planetary/interplanetary range, instead of actual AP.

5-A Shields
There is nothing that supports this claim, it seems that comes from this same scene, in which Thanos used both Power and Space in tandem to peel the moon without making physical contact.... Which also doesn't translate to the Space Stone shields having 5-A durability, at all. And even trying to scale them, I already explained that Power Stone max energy is against massive targets, it doesn't always generate 5-A energy.

Powers and Abilities
Resistance to Spatial Manipulation and BFR: This comes from Thanos destroying the Mirror Dimension. That doesn't translate to Resistance at all, that is just nullifing hax with another hax.

Sleep Manipulation (via this): As said before, the Power Stone has variable AP, Thanos just simply knock out them with a hand wave (Something tremendously common in fiction), and really, the Power Stone can now emit energy that puts people into sweet sleep? That so idiotic lmao...

Technology Manipulation (Disabled Falcon's wings): Nope, damaging devices by overloading with a pulse of energy is not manipulating them, that is common in real life. Since electronics can absorb external forms energy because of their conductive components, but they can't affort to withstand more power output than they are made for, and so overload, meltdown or/and explode.

Conclusions
Agreed: Pen, Speed, Ion, Dino.

Disagreed:

Agreed always found the 5a rating frankly bizarre, even with the statment and feat from the power stone thanos never displays the ability to create that level of energy on smaller targets. Further he has never shown the ability to create barriers on a 5a level. As for the rest have to agree, several of these feats sound off for what they're trying to claim.

Make downgrades is so easy, since is more easy to critic something than contribute with something, and in most occasions people will agree with the former.

As much as it makes me lament how the MCU gets omgea nerfed constantly and constantly while Eastern Media keeps getting walls of hax buffs and omega buffs to 1-A, making Eastern media the main focus of the wiki and the MCU getting horribly sidelined on the level of Thunder McQueen. I have to agree on all of these.

Although I propose we have a Varies, up to 5-A for his IG key

In fact.

I don't know where the hell where half of his abilities come from.

Power Null and Statistics amplification he never did in IW

Fusionism, Absorption he never did also

Since I have taken a part in downgrading the MCU to omega irrelevance in the shit tiers on the level of omega irrelevance as Thunder McQueen, I have joined the weebs like The Suggverse and ascended to 1-A+++++, Stronger than the Mythos and the JBW combined

So, about the 5-A rating

It'd deleted completely or it'd be edited as "Up to 5-A with the Infinity Gauntlet"?

AnonymousBlank said:
Agree with the OP. I even called parts of this into question before so you won't be hearing complaints from me.
I'm so happy that for once I won't have to hear your complains that I want to cry.

I also (Sadly) agree with everything (Also see my comment).

He is also now the weakest 5-A on the site now (I TOLD YOU!), but the only matches that will be removed are Goku and Four

Well, the problem is that they are very unlikely to notice this thread otherwise.

A majority of people agreed on this.

To me, what should be changed is:

His 5-A should be up to 5-A with environmental destruction

His sleep manip, resistance to BFR and Spatial Manip, Technopathy, Absorption, Fusionism, power null, and statistics amplification should also be removed.

Can EVERYONE agree on this

Only the abilities that I mentioned are going to be removed.

There is no reason to for the other ones that you mentioned.

He NEVER used the abilities I mentioned.

Life, Death, mind, and Soul Manipulation should also go, never used them in character. INSTEAD, it should be, "Has access to all powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, has only used the ones listed above"

In other words, the IG gets those abilities, but Thanos does not

There is a thing called context, Blue. And that is where you will always fail in a debate.

And I will ask you to cease your constant whining on my thread.

^ Pretty sure that that's because, unlike it's comic counterpart, the MCU Infinity Gaunlet doesn't has an actual profile to make that statement.

Newendigo said:
There is a thing called context, Blue. And that is where you will always fail in a debate.
And I will ask you to cease your constant whining on my thread.
I wasn't whining on my last comment, but if he never used them, he shouldn't have them

Destroying the pocket dimension, neutralizing a hax (A hax on that level), is outright Power Null.

He merged the armor with a rock by spatially overlaping one thing to another. How is that not fusionism?

Newendigo said:
Destroying the pocket dimension, neutralizing a hax (A hax on that level), is outright Power Null.
He merged the armor with a rock by spatially overlaping one thing to another. How is that not fusionism?
He didn't remove the power of BFR from strange, he destroyed an attack from strange.

Because he threw it in a rock, and once he became no longer intagible he wasn't fused, he was stuck in the rock

Your two arguments are automatically debunked by the fact that the abilities doesn't need to be permanent (Fusionism) or is has to directly target user (Power Null).

Fine then, but Life, Death, Mind, and Soul Manipulation should be removed, yes he IS capable of doing them, but he hasn't shown it, and instead it should be noted that the IG can do that but he hasn't used those powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back