• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos issues: Infinity Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be "Varies, up to 5-A againts celestial bodies", it will not work against anyone smaller than that.

I agree with the OP, however I'd like to see a revised version beforehand.

OP seems fine, except that this does not seem like the guardians were simply knocked out. They stopped midair as the power stone wave hit them, then motionlessly fell and keeled over. If the wave knocked them out due to AP, they'd surely be knocked back.

Sleep Manipulation may be a stretch, but it definitely doesn't seem like just AP. Paralysis Inducement would probably cover that.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Then the Power Stone is 10-B against Human Sized beings, downgrade time
On the bright side, Now I can give him the reality stone and make him fight Tier 6's, finding a loophole against the Fate fans who tried to make the MCU more irrelevant than Barney. Also, this also removes 2 of his losses

Thanos clearly controls the output of the power stone. The guardians statement was about the stone reacting to something, not being channeled by someone using the gauntlet. You can see this in the difference between the shockwaves from the power stone punches against tony and carol. Or how he can focus it like a beam against strange and iron man, or a wave like he did against the weaker heroes.

Gyro@ Titan has a very low gravity, debris float around from the blasts and characters can jump much higher than usual. Is likely that or/and a dramatic effect.

Lower gravity would just mean they fall at a slower rate. Thanos shot his wave and the guardians who had leapt continued to move forwards, albeit incapacitated.

So is the consensus here that this seems acceptable?

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Fine then, but Life, Death, Mind, and Soul Manipulation should be removed, yes he IS capable of doing them, but he hasn't shown it, and instead it should be noted that the IG can do that but he hasn't used those powers
They shouldn't be removed outright, just note that he's theoretically capable of doing that but hasn't before.

The OP looks good to me, I just took issue with one small thing. But I'd rather if a couple more people looked over it first before applying it.

I agree with most of this but can you give me the actual video of "bigger target bigger power"? MCU Wiki isn't the best source and I vaguely remember this already being discussed and rejected.

Other than that I'm fine.

Here's the draft:

Collapse
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity, Regenerationn (Low, Low-High with the Reality Stone), Combat Mastery, Weapon Mastery, Immortality (Type 1), Enhanced Senses (Fought with web covering his eyes), Reality Warping, Energy Manipulation, Projection and Absorption, Matter Manipulation, Transmutation and Deconstruction, Power Amplification and Nullification, Attack Reflection, Biological Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Animal Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Possibly Life and Death Manipulation, Forcefield, Illusio, Portal and Black Hole Creation, Fusionism, Petrification, Invisibility, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Can turn others Intangible, Resistance to Radiation and Limited Sleep Inducement
Attack Potency: At least City level (Effortlessly defeated both Hulk and Awakened Thor. Could do significant damage to Bleeding Edge Iron Ma with ease. Far stronger than his children. Later during the events of Endgame, he overpowered Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Captain America in a 3v1 combat, and even held his own against Captain America after he obtained Mjolnir. Is powerful enough to hold a returning Stormbreaker and almost shove it into Thor's chest, despite Thor using both of his hands to prevent it). Higher with the Double-Bladed Sword (Is forged out of Nidavellir. Can deflect Stormbreaker and cut through Captain America's vibranium shield), Varies depending on size, up to 5-A against celestial bodies (Can generate this amount of energy to a planet.)

Striking Strength: At least City Class (Broke Hulk's nose with a punch. Made Thor bleed with hits)

Durability: At least City level (Shrugged off everything that Thor and Bleeding Edge Iron Man could throw at him. Unharmed by Mark 85 Iron Man's attacks. Took hits from Captain America with Mjolnir. Can hold the Power Stone and use it). Higher with armor, Double-Bladed Sword, and energy shields

Weaknesses: He must be able to move his hand to activate the Infinity Stones. Continuous usage of the Stones had a toll on his body, as his left arm has been permanently damaged
I not only removed the stats, I re-organized the P&A section to be more compressed, and got rid of the two keys as they are complety unnecesary.

Btw, is "Double-Bladed Helicopter Sword" the official name of the weapon or someone leaked a meme into our profiles?

Keys are only used when a character gets a significant change in his physical stats, Thanos just get newer haxes.

At most, you could make a case with the 5-A IG and Shields, but those are gone now so no reason to put a second key, let alone a third one based on hax.

It would be rather confusing for any new person who has little knowledge on the MCU though.

Also, I reccomend it be:

"Varies depending on size, up to 5-A against celestial bodies"

Another small note, most of his matches are still valid, since he won/lost/stalemated with his hax and not his AP

Talking about that. Can you name the matches in which the enemy is not planet sized and Thanos lacking full IG?

Newendigo said:
Talking about that. Can you name the matches in which the enemy is not planet sized and Thanos lacking full IG?
Fuse (Which Thanos won with hax with the reality stone and not AP, meaning its valid)

Tails (Which he won with hax with the reality stone, meaning its valid)

Goku (Which needs to be removed since Thanos had only the power and space stones for that match, meaning Goku should AP stomp and thus needs a rematch with a stronger Goku)

and Four (Which needs a rematch since he had only the power and space stones, meaning Four AP stomps and needs a rematch with a stronger thanos)

In Guardians of the Galaxy Vo. 1, Ronan was going to perform the surface-wiping feat with the power stone while it was connected to his hammer, so Thanos should have this ability if he choses to use it. I suppose, however, it should be noted that this is the upper limit of its power.

Anyway, he defeated Captain Marvel with the power stone's normal blasts, destroyed that moon's surface, and threatened to reduce the cosmos to atoms. So there's still those feats.

The whole shields thing was scaling to the Stones' strength, not the moon thing. His power stone shield deflected blasts from Iron Ma and the space stone tanked Wanda's attack.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Thanos incapacitated Captain Marvel with the Power Stone.

I think it's more about Thanos controlling the power output rather than the Stone itself.

The shields should be at least 7-B then, I think it's just because we forgot to downgrade it in the MCU downgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back