• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna say it because it needs to be said, they're super bad
reee-kid.gif

Yo, “What If…?!” Season 2 is gonna be CRAZY!! Y’all see the leaked Storyboards?
That last leaked storyboard was pretty huge in terms of scope

Surtur fighting multiple characters. Spider-Man is gonna get some more screen time. A giant ass Hulk + mecha fight scene. Visually, this should at least be a fun ride

That last leaked storyboard was pretty huge in terms of scope

Surtur fighting multiple characters. Spider-Man is gonna get some more screen time. A giant ass Hulk + mecha fight scene. Visually, this should at least be a fun ride
Man… I really wish Live Action MCU had some of these feats 😭

I was thinking, He Who Remains uses the words universe, reality and timeline interchangeably, and we have the statements about the multiverse containing infinite universes and realities when it was just the Sacred Timeline, wouldn't that make it a 2-A structure? And after the multiverse was released and the Sacred Timeline branched into other timelines, we have the statement of the endless possibilities where a simple decision can branch out into infinite realities. I don't know how that would affect the current cosmology

But that wouldn't make characters like the Watcher 2-A since he is able to fix the collapse of a timeline? This interview states that the branches of the Sacred Timeline are bigger timelines.

Edit: after the events of Loki, the multiverse now contains endless timelines bigger than the Sacred Timeline (which contained infinite universes, realities, and dimensions) where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities (universe and reality are used interchangeably). In summary, the multiverse contains endless 2-A timelines, and in each of those timelines a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, aka 2-A. Or at least that's how I understood it

Last edited:
But that wouldn't make characters like the Watcher 2-A since he is able to fix the collapse of a timeline? This interview states that the branches of the Sacred Timeline are bigger timelines.

Edit: after the events of Loki, the multiverse now contains endless timelines bigger than the Sacred Timeline (which contained infinite universes, realities, and dimensions) where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities (universe and reality are used interchangeably). In summary, the multiverse contains endless 2-A timelines, and in each of those timelines a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, aka 2-A. Or at least that's how I understood it
The way I understand it was that every timeline can branch into endless Branches. So if the Sacred Timeline Branches into a billion+ Timelines, each of those billion+ timelines can branch into a billion+ timelines and this continues in perpetuity.

The way I understand it was that every timeline can branch into endless Branches. So if the Sacred Timeline Branches into a billion+ Timelines, each of those billion+ timelines can branch into a billion+ timelines and this continues in perpetuity.
The Sacred Timeline, a 2-A structure, branched into endless bigger timelines, and a single choice on each of those timelines can branch out into infinite realities

Can't find a good video of it that isn't edited down, but for what it's worth, the Watcher did seem to think that the entire multiverse was in danger because of Infinity Ultron:

Captain Carter: You kidnapped us from across the galaxy so we could, what? Save the universe?
The Watcher: Mmm. Not exactly. Bit more complicated than that.
Strange Supreme: You aren't just our best hope to save one universe.
The Watcher: You are my last hope to save all of them.

I'm thinking about doing this CRT, though it would be to much to have three massive MCU upgrades at the same time (Low 1-C K.E.V.I.N, 3-C Thor and 2-A Infinite Ultron). Thoughts?
To start with the CRT we must first analyze the cosmology of the MCU:

After the Multiversal War between countless timelines, the multiverse was isolated in a single timeline, the Sacred Timeline, which contained infinite universes, realities and dimensions, therefore the Sacred Timeline is a 2-A structure. After the events of Loki, the multiverse was released and the Sacred Timeline branched into bigger timelines, endless possibilities where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities (universe and reality are used interchangeably). In summary, the current multiverse contains endless 2-A timelines, and in each of those timelines a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, aka 2-A.

The Watcher is stated to be able to fix the collapse of a timeline, and WoG states that Infinite Ultron was legitimately punching through multiverses turning them into one "messy universe soup", and as I explained before each timeline contains an infinite number of universes, among other things, therefore both feats should be 2-A due to how the MCU cosmology works.

We've already should've upgraded the Netflix crew the moment Kingpin started fighting Kate, I don't know why there wasn't a crt for it

We've already should've upgraded the Netflix crew the moment Kingpin started fighting Kate, I don't know why there wasn't a crt for it
Because at the time that hawkeye was relevant, Kingpin had a sudden appearance just a few months after we had gotten multiple articles of Feige vaguely saying stuff that made it sound like the Netflix shows weren't canon to the MCU.

Can't find a good video of it that isn't edited down, but for what it's worth, the Watcher did seem to think that the entire multiverse was in danger because of Infinity Ultron:

Captain Carter: You kidnapped us from across the galaxy so we could, what? Save the universe?
Wouldn’t this be through Incursions?

That could be invading them one by one and doing what he did to the "main" one.

Wouldn’t this be through Incursions?
It's tricky to say conclusively, considering Incursions weren't specifically brought up in What If...?, though the way Multiverse of Magic explained them suggests that Incursions could have only had the potential to occur between alternate universes that Infinity Ultron directly interacted with for prolonged periods of time and his own universe.

That could be invading them one by one and doing what he did to the "main" one.
I'm mainly going by the Watcher specifically stating that stopping Infinity Ultron would save every universe, despite the fact that multiverse containing infinite universes. I don't think the statement makes as much sense if Ultron is only capable of destroying each universe one by one throughout an infinite multiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back