• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingEzran

He/Him
So, I happened to be looking through Groot's page today, and I found something odd. Apparently his lifting strength was listed at Class 100, which wasn't something I would normally disagree with, but the only justification was "Should be stronger than his teenage form". Now, the only issue with this justification is that Teenage Groot is simply Peak Human, which means that justification makes nowhere near as much sense. Even if they provided a character that Groot scaled to that would be preferable, but looking through the Guardians...I don't really think any of them should be Class 100.

Star-Lord:

This is the one member of the Guardians that I don't have an issue with in terms of their Class 100, because it's only with his gadgets, and restraining Spider-Man as well as temporarily restraining Bleeding Edge Iron Man definitely qualifies him for this. But, this doesn't help anyone else on the guardians out because from my knowledge of the MCU (Note: I've watched GotG Vols. 1-2, Infinity War, and Endgame), considering we haven't really seen anyone else having to deal with Star-Lord's gadgets in this way.

(If anyone was gonna use Star-Lord's energy restraint in GotG to compare this to the other Guardians, no. Even if you were to assume this is the same kind of restraint he uses on Spider-Man, Gamora clearly slides it down rather than breaking out of it.)

Drax:

He supposedly scales to Cap and Bucky in terms of LS, but there's really not enough in the MCU to say that he does. But there's really nothing in the MCU that gives enough evidence for this claim, especially not in scaling of Lifting Strength. In fact, there's more to say otherwise, he couldn't even get up from the Cloak of Levitation's hold for over 30 seconds, which doesn't really have any big feats on its own. By far, the cloak's most impressive feat is keeping Thanos' hand open, but there are two issues with this. The first is that it only kept Thanos' hand open, which shouldn't scale anywhere near Thanos' full lifting strength, and the other thing is that the only reason he struggled to get it off was because he didn't get much of a chance with Spider-Man hitting him. Once he slammed Spider-Man, he took it off with one hand easily.

Groot:

As I've stated, his justification just says he's stronger than Peak Human.

My personal conclusion is that you could put them at Class 5 for scaling to Gamora or Class 1 considering Groot has plenty of feats that scale there. Now, to be clear, I am not explicitly saying these justifications are wrong. I am saying that I personally haven't found any justifications that explain these ratings and that if they are, they need to be put on the sheets.

The ratings and justifications do seem questionable as is.

Spider-Man did struggle a bit with the Cloak in No Way Home (though he was in the air), which might give a better idea of how strong it is, though I'm not sure how useful that will be for Drax's scaling. It seems worth noting at least.

Considering metal tearing feats have the potential to get high results, it might be worth trying to figure out how to calc Drax tearing a drone apart.

Class 100 feats for MCU no longer exist, they're now Spider-Man's Class 50-Class K feats, and Iron Man Mark 46 is now considered weaker than his previous combat-ready armors in accordance with the Sokovia Accords. We're in the midst of a revision revising the LS values for our characters.

Class 100 feats for MCU no longer exist, they're now Spider-Man's Class 50-Class K feats, and Iron Man Mark 46 is now considered weaker than his previous combat-ready armors in accordance with the Sokovia Accords. We're in the midst of a revision revising the LS values for our characters.
Are the Guardians being discussed in that thread? Because, even then, they don't have a reason to scale to Class 50.

Probably tackle this soon right, I think we've got basically all the calcs ans scaling figured out in the other thread

My idea would probably be "At least Class 25" or "likely Class 25.

To explain we have to use the starcraft cannon Gamora held while fired. To quote the recoil of a far smaller IRL gun
The gun she fired was notably larger (barrel wise) than the avenger and the weapon she fired had three total cannons rather than just one.

45,000 Newtons * 3 = 125,000 Newtons (Class 25)

Now this is still iffy I guess, but considering she can move forward while firing the gun it means her body can overcome the recoil of the weapon without being pushed back.

To explain we have to use the starcraft cannon Gamora held while fired. To quote the recoil of a far smaller IRL gun

The gun she fired was notably larger (barrel wise) than the avenger and the weapon she fired had three total cannons rather than just one.

Now this is still iffy I guess, but considering she can move forward while firing the gun it means her body can overcome the recoil of the weapon without being pushed back.
Nice. A good upgrade.

Though that gfycat link will still need to be replaced with an imgur one.

Dunno whether anyone placed this in a blog, so I did it

Back