• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said that is certainly a cool planetary feat for Celestials and has neat implications for the IG
Yep, if a Celestial's birth indeed causes a planet to be destroyed from it, then we have a solid tier 5 feat here (and judging by their sheer size, or maybe this was the distance, they're much higher than that). Btw, the Celestial in the trailer looks awesome.

I'm very curious to see the Eternals's abilities on screen. From what we know, they all control cosmic energy and have superhuman traits but each one of them has a particular field of action (Ikaris has laser eyes and flight, Gilgamesh has exosqueletton of energy, Thena can create weapons, etc). I hope they don't limit themselves to simply having one particular range of powers, I want them to have a large variety of wicked abilities. Particulary Sersi (I mean, matter manipulation everyone, that's a really good potential for a superpower lottery) and Gilgamesh. Also, I hope they can directly compare to the verse heavy hitters as well.

Last edited:
Is it me or are some of these What If's a bit... random? Like I was hoping some of these would be about major events in the MCU like: What if the Avengers was still united as a team around the time of Infinity War, or what if Hydra never infiltrated SHIELD.

I can maybe see the what If Tony Stark never got captured potentially being a big event, since he had a large impact becoming the first modern, public superhero. Not complaining, just hoping that they pick up on potentially juicer stories.

Is it me or are some of these What If's a bit... random? Like I was hoping some of these would be about major events in the MCU like: What if the Avengers was still united as a team around the time of Infinity War, or what if Hydra never infiltrated SHIELD.

I can maybe see the what If Tony Stark never got captured potentially being a big event, since he had a large impact becoming the first modern, public superhero. Not complaining, just hoping that they pick up on potentially juicer stories.
Yeah and no actually. The basis of the series is about how some events would have been changed because of a particular detail, that doesn't necessarily mean the great moments in the MCU will be affected. Plus, the consequences end up being enormous with stuff like in episode 2.

Who do I see getting a profile you ask? I can see T’challa as Star lord getting one considering he overpowered Korath in combat. I don’t really see Yondu getting one though. The collector is definitely getting one that’s for sure. As for Nebula, her gun is pretty powerful so she should also get a profile. As for Thanos, he might get a profile not sure. I don’t see the black order members getting profiles.

T'Challord definitely must have a profile since he's a totally different character. The Collector to should have one to due to what he show here compared to the main timeline version. Thanos is essentially the same character without anything new to him so I don't think it's necessray to give him a profile though.

We know there’s a season 2 coming so stuff like that could come up

I’m definitely hoping to see stuff like Thanos winning Endgame (imagine him taking on the T.V.A), What If the nuke was dropped in Avengers (wrote up an ask Sci Fi post on this) or even something based on what would happen if Hydra won in the winter Soldier

T'Challord definitely must have a profile since he's a totally different character. The Collector to should have one to due to what he show here compared to the main timeline version. Thanos is essentially the same character without anything new to him so I don't think it's necessray to give him a profile though.
T’challa might have wild social influencing ngl. I can see him and a few other characters getting profiles (wonder if Collector gets higher with weapons tho)

I’m definitely hoping to see stuff like Thanos winning Endgame (imagine him taking on the T.V.A), What If the nuke was dropped in Avengers (wrote up an ask Sci Fi post on this) or even something based on what would happen if Hydra won in the winter Soldier
I want that. Give me that. Now. Also a version where Red Skull actually won and Hela managed to ger her hands on Heimdall's sword.
T’challa might have wild social influencing ngl. I can see him and a few other characters getting profiles (wonder if Collector gets higher with weapons tho)
Considering what he actually does, yeah he should have this. About Collector, I don't know what would be his base tier. At least 9-B, something like that?

I'm wondering if the Doctor Strange we see in the trailer is either the "evil Strange" or the MCU Strange. Considering that maybe evil Strange could be the villain of the series and MCU Strange recruits these people to fight the evil version... Maybe?

I'm wondering if the Doctor Strange we see in the trailer is either the "evil Strange" or the MCU Strange. Considering that maybe evil Strange could be the villain of the series and MCU Strange recruits these people to fight the evil version... Maybe?
Could be. We do see the two of them fighting each other so either we have the main Strange fighting the evil one or we have two new Stephen Strange, one being Doctor Strange Supreme and the other being another good guy.
What I'm really curious about are the powers evil Strange will display since in his case, he discovered Magic on his own (maybe through Dormammu or another evil being?) so he might have different abilities than the main strange. And I'm even more curious about that scene in the traile where we see him destroying what looks like New York apparently. If he truly does that, that would be a huge feat.

Isn't the MCU a part of the greater Marvel multiverse? Wouldn't that mean that Marvel has an infinite universe within an infinite universe?

Could just be referring to the Marvel multiverse itself, but I guess it's a possibility

I want that. Give me that. Now. Also a version where Red Skull actually won and Hela managed to ger her hands on Heimdall's sword.
A what If based on Odin and Hela conquering the universe tho. I recall a dope theory about Odin desiring the Infinity Stones (explaining how he knows of them so well) and this could be a great way to canonize that theory.
Hell imagine them encountering Ronan or even Thanos
I don't know what would be his base tier. At least 9-B, something like that?
I can see him just being Unknown physically since He doesn't have much to work with, though we could scale him and Panther of the Stars T'Challa to 8-C based off Korath

My guess? This is based on Doctor Strange being seduced by Kaecilius or being corrupted by the influence of the Dark Dimension (perhaps the good Strange is some mental remnant of Steven or the Timelessness of the Dark Dimension)

I do suspect they're playhing with an alternate Avengers but I don't think they'll unite to fight Strange. The leaked synopses imply something referred to as "Infinite Ultron" is going to be making a grand appearance later on. My guess is it's an Ultron that gained at least one Infinity Stone and evolved his capabilities by studying it (perhaps being the MCU equivalent of Phalanx or Final Form Ultron?)

They could have him be a multi-unversal threat and I can see some of the series building to him (maybe they retcon Asgard's seeming destruction in episode 2 as an effect of Ultron)
Isn't the MCU a part of the greater Marvel multiverse? Wouldn't that mean that Marvel has an infinite universe within an infinite universe?
Yeah Earth 19999999 (I think) is the MCU. I would note it seems these are more divergent alternate timelines then full universes but that could go either way thanks to Loki opening the gates to the true multiverse (since at least one variant of the T.V.A and He Who Remains aren't actively pruning problematic timelines)

A what If based on Odin and Hela conquering the universe tho. I recall a dope theory about Odin desiring the Infinity Stones (explaining how he knows of them so well) and this could be a great way to canonize that theory.
Hell imagine them encountering Ronan or even Thanos
I want that EVEN MORE. Give me some Prime Odin.
I can see him just being Unknown physically since He doesn't have much to work with, though we could scale him and Panther of the Stars T'Challa to 8-C based off Korath
True
My guess? This is based on Doctor Strange being seduced by Kaecilius or being corrupted by the influence of the Dark Dimension (perhaps the good Strange is some mental remnant of Steven or the Timelessness of the Dark Dimension)
Don't know about the remnant thing but for the rest, that's probably what will happen. That or he somehow got his hands on the Darkhold and studied Magic from it and started digging into dark magic like Agatha, though apparently much deeper than even her. The city-destroying scene is probably the most promising thing about him. Either it's an illusion, maybe a pocket dimension or it's a real city.
I do suspect they're playhing with an alternate Avengers but I don't think they'll unite to fight Strange. The leaked synopses imply something referred to as "Infinite Ultron" is going to be making a grand appearance later on. My guess is it's an Ultron that gained at least one Infinity Stone and evolved his capabilities by studying it (perhaps being the MCU equivalent of Phalanx or Final Form Ultron?)
I think the poster literally has Ultron with some Stones on his body so...

I want that EVEN MORE. Give me some Prime Odin.
Show my man just splitting moons and shit lol

Don't know about the remnant thing but for the rest, that's probably what will happen. That or he somehow got his hands on the Darkhold and studied Magic from it and started digging into dark magic like Agatha, though apparently much deeper than even her.
That makes sense tbh
I think the poster literally has Ultron with some Stones on his body so...
Oh in that case he's definitely stronk
That would imply he at least has the Mind Stone and depending on his moves he could have access to the Space, Time and Reality Stones as well. Either way he'd definitely get a profile and be strong as he;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back