• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharing actors does not equate to cannon
Very true and it can be taken off of the canon until further notice I was just speaking more to the fact that at least in terms of KingPin and Daredevil they should be the only two of the netflix characters reprising any sort of role within the MCU with the same actors to boot

It's a shame that some good series are now somewhat meaningless, but some of it was garbage.

The thing I'm most annoyed is about is having to deal with the possibility of re-introductions and characters getting side-lined/less screen time.

I hope that the Netflix characters are just soft rebooted instead of completely rebooted. That way, everything in the Netflix shows can be kept as canon, but they don't have to bring up too many specific details from them. It would be fairly easy to do a soft reboot, considering the Netflix shows were intended to all take place before Infinity War's events, at least 5-6 years prior to current MCU events thanks to Endgame's 5 year time skip.

Last edited:
Shit, I think I indicated you the process to make a character blog. Sorry
Superman CW

I've done some work on him in some CRTs and I'm curious does anyone think there are any good MCU Matchups that can be done against him.
Don't think so, the tier is too weak compared to many characters in the MCU (unless we make a Low 7-B vs High 7-C match).

The Arrowverse profiles need a serious upgrade btw, the Low 7-B tier is based on a feat in Season 1-2 of Supergirl and we're at season 6. I was discussing about a potential new tier at least for kryptonians and comparable characters that would put them to tier 6 or even 5 but nothing came out of it and it has been months without answers. So honestly, if you have something in mind about that, that would be cool.

The Arrowverse profiles need a serious upgrade btw, the Low 7-B tier is based on a feat in Season 1-2 of Supergirl and we're at season 6. I was discussing about a potential new tier at least for kryptonians and comparable characters that would put them to tier 6 or even 5 but nothing came out of it and it has been months without answers. So honestly, if you have something in mind about that, that would be cool.
Trust me that I'm well aware of that and feel like these ratings are definitely too low but I cannot even sit through an episode of supergirl and unfortunately that's the same for recent seasons of the flash so I don't know any big feats from either of those that have happened recently due to how lackluster the seasons have been as of late.

Trust me that I'm well aware of that and feel like these ratings are definitely too low but I cannot even sit through an episode of supergirl and unfortunately that's the same for recent seasons of the flash so I don't know any big feats from either of those that have happened recently due to how lackluster the seasons have been as of late.
I...can only understand that. I've followed some of the episodes recently (even made new profiles based on the current tier) and it's incredibly bad. Especially Flash, Season 7 is the worst. And I have to base myself on the arrowverse wiki and tv tropes to remind me of some feats.

I honestly continued just because I had some hope and because I wanted to see interesting powers and feats that could help to edit the profiles. Got some stuff but at the cost of enduring stupid plot points like Barry giving birth to the forces of nature and the series focusing on him treating them like they were his children (with their avatar even calling him dad) while the Speed Force was taking Nora Allen's form and became evil because it felt Barry was leaving it alone....I'm dead serious.

True. Dalesean asked if someone thought it was possible to make a good match between CW Superman (who is currently Low 7-B) and a MCU character and the discussion went there. Kind of like days before we started talking about the possibility of Wanda duking with some Servants from Fate, the possibility of making a match between her and some of them and a long comment I made about what would happen in a MCU heroes vs Gilgamesh fight based on a comment I saw.

I honestly continued just because I had some hope and because I wanted to see interesting powers and feats that could help to edit the profiles. Got some stuff but at the cost of enduring stupid plot points like Barry giving birth to the forces of nature and the series focusing on him treating them like they were his children (with their avatar even calling him dad) while the Speed Force was taking Nora Allen's form and became evil because it felt Barry was leaving it alone....I'm dead serious.
reads what you just said

392xtu.jpg

This physically hurt me to read I need to wash that out of my brain

True. Dalesean asked if someone thought it was possible to make a good match between CW Superman (who is currently Low 7-B
And yep I indeed did it's just hard for me to come up with a decent match for him since he's low 7-B with a High 6-A attack that he could once in a fight but at great risk

For the better, right?

Yep

""We covered this in WandaVision…' It’s bigger than me, there’s lots of threads that are continuing on after me that I’m not aware of, and so it’s always about, “What can I get from this journey with this character that maybe I haven’t tapped into yet with her?” That’s where I keep approaching things from, so that I feel like I have some sort of strap-hang — that I can know that there’s going to be growth of some kind, even though it all maybe looks the same to other people. There is that conscious decision to learn a new element of this woman, or even of myself as an actor — something that I want to explore that I can bring to it.""

So, the What If Agent Carter was Captain America/The Supersoldier episode of What If appears to be out.
Opinions, all?
I'm surprised it was animated. I didn't know it was going to be animated, & expected Live Action. But I'm kinda glad it's animated, & am looking forward to where it goes.

Also for Shang Chi there's a mid credits as well as a post credits scene so stay for both, they're pretty big

So, the What If Agent Carter was Captain America/The Supersoldier episode of What If appears to be out.
Opinions, all?
I'm surprised it was animated. I didn't know it was going to be animated, & expected Live Action. But I'm kinda glad it's animated, & am looking forward to where it goes.
Kinda late to the party dude, but I’d say the ep was decent

The pacing was too fast for my taste. The show could have benefitted from hour-long episodes. However, I do understand that this is asking for A-list actors to be paid more to voice act in what is essentially a miniseries so that would have been a net loss. But considering Disney is rolling in cash, I would have liked if they had gone the extra mile with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back