• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for Shang Chi there's a mid credits as well as a post credits scene so stay for both, they're pretty big
When is the movie going to be released for you? Cause for me, it will on september 1st so I hope their won't be any spoiler for it here, especially since I intend to make a profile for the Mandarin.

Just finished watching "What If...?" episode 2. I enjoyed it even more than the previous episode.

Now for scaling/feats I noticed:

T'Challa/Star-Lord was able to trade blows with Korath and seemed to be portrayed as being comparable to Yondu as well, suggesting he is superhuman despite that not being explicitly stated as far as I could tell. He should be around the same age as Peter Quill (who was born in 1980), so around his late 20's during this episode (He was a kid in the 1988 flashback, and the main story of this episode was 20 years later, so in 2008) and going by this, logically his main universe counterpart should be in his late 30's during the events of Infinity War (In 2018)

Ravager Thanos would be a fun profile to have, though I'm not sure how much it's warranted.

A tiny portion of the Embers of Genesis killed Cull Obsidian and caused giant plant vines to grow over Knowhere.

Proxima Midnight can harm Thanos with her spear, suggesting it's probably comparable to Asgardian blades that can harm 6-C characters such as Hela. She can also incapacitate him (and many other Ravagers) with some sort of electrical blast. Proxima could also evade attacks from Thanos, albeit while he was also trying to fend off Cull Obsidian at the same time. Otherwise, Thanos could casually swat Proxima away with little effort.

Cull Obsidian manages to harm Thanos a bit and trade blows with him, but he overall seemed inferior without Proxima backing him up, which seems consistent with Cull having a High 7-A+ rating compared to Thanos having a roughly baseline 6-C rating.

Ebony Maw restrains T'Challa with his powers, but that just seems to be a LS feat like most of his other feats, so no AP upgrade for him.

Nebula's gun can harm Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive, though Cull Obsidian was unharmed.

The Collector warrants a profile in my opinion, as he has a lot of interesting equipment, including a Kronan arm gauntlet (Korg's arm?), Malekith's dagger, and Hela's crown (which is apparently the actual source of Hela's Weapon Creation ability, considering the Collector could use it to generate Necroswords)

Aside from Star-Lord (T'Challa) and The Collector, not really many obvious choices for profiles, as most of the characters didn't seem notably different from their main universe counterparts powerwise.

Also, that dedication at the end hit hard.

Last edited:
The Collector warrants a profile in my opinion, as he has a lot of interesting equipment, including a Kronan arm gauntlet (Korg's arm?), Malekith's dagger, and Hela's crown (which is apparently the actual source of Hela's Weapon Creation ability, considering the Collector could use it to generate Necroswords)

[/ISPOILER]
Isn't there a scene in Ragnarok where she creates a weapon without her crown? Cause I remember she did that before breaking Mjolnir and I think it was stated this was an innate ability like Thor's lightning.

Otherwise yeah, T'Challa and the Collector must have a profile (and I'm glad the Collector got some justice).

Just finished episode 2 of what if and I gotta say

this felt like a fanfic and not in a good way, thanos being reformed by tachala is so weird considering thanos has been around for a hot minute yet his ideology and plan have stayed the same and even then something that big should gets it’s own ep. Korath just constantly fanboying over tachala wasn’t great either and for some reason the black order is now loyal to the collector despite the fact that they were basically a cult dedicated to thanos and have no dialogue towards him post reform. And for some reason cull and proxima ******* midnight can beat thanos?!But getting back to the ravngers, yondu just lies and tachala and forget’s about Peter for no reason, I think this what if would have been better if Peter and tachala just became space bros instead of this. Also for some reason hela’s helmet gives people the ability to make necro swords for some reason when hela can already do that without the need of the helmet so idk what’s up with that. But besides that I did like Howard the duck, nebula(cuz she’s hot) and the ending of ep but besides that everything else sucked I’d rate this ep a 4/10.Definitely not a vibe.

Just finished episode 2 of what if and I gotta say

this felt like a fanfic and not in a good way, thanos being reformed by tachala is so weird considering thanos has been around for a hot minute yet his ideology and plan have stayed the same and even then something that big should gets it’s own ep. Korath just constantly fanboying over tachala wasn’t great either and for some reason the black order is now loyal to the collector despite the fact that they were basically a cult dedicated to thanos and have no dialogue towards him post reform. And for some reason cull and proxima ******* midnight can beat thanos?!But getting back to the ravngers, yondu just lies and tachala and forget’s about Peter for no reason, I think this what if would have been better if Peter and tachala just became space bros instead of this. Also for some reason hela’s helmet gives people the ability to make necro swords for some reason when hela can already do that without the need of the helmet so idk what’s up with that. But besides that I did like Howard the duck, nebula(cuz she’s hot) and the ending of ep but besides that everything else sucked I’d rate this ep a 4/10.Definitely not a vibe.
The Thanos thing was definitely...bruh. The rest of the episode was fine but that was not.

Oh, the one I'm expecting the most. I REALLY hope this will be good and imaginative. And also give us more impressive feats.
Yep you've vocalized that quite a bit and I'm all aboard as well. I can't wait to see what happens in that, and if the source is good and episode 4 is indeed Dr. Strange then I'll report the rest of the episodes along with their synopsis

As I said before here's the new Eternals Trailer right in time

This one is something special and already has some seemingly high tiered feats and a lot more story

By the looks of it we got solid tier 3 celestials👀😗

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what happens since they seem to be referencing Celestials
The Emergence they're speaking of is the emergence of a new celestial triggered by the energies released by the gauntlet, this emergence will cause the destruction of Earth as the new celestial is born. Think of the cluster from steven universe it's like that

Or at the very least that's what seems to be the case so I'll once again say take that with a grain of salt but it should be someone accurate to what's going on in the movie

I hate Steven Universe with a passion so that doesn't help

That said that is certainly a cool planetary feat for Celestials and has neat implications for the IG

I hate Steven Universe with a passion so that doesn't help
Lol fair enough
That said that is certainly a cool planetary feat for Celestials and has neat implications for the IG
It sure is a solid planetary feat and those shots of Celestial in the trailer seem to suggest they're tier 3 even just from sheer size alone(at the very least the two we've seen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back