• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatched Homecoming today and i had a thought
What if Flash didn't get snapped in Infinity War so during Far From Home he would become more of a physical bully like he was in the comics due to being older?
I think that could be pretty cool

Honestly, MCU Flash is useless. They tried to change him and avoid the classic bully cliché he normally is but he's just annoying as hell. The Marc Webb version is honestly much better, not only because he actually has a sympathetic scene where he's sorry for Peter, wich is a really refreshing take on bullies, but also simply because he has more scenes and more personnality even when doing the bullying thing

Honestly, MCU Flash is useless. They tried to change him and avoid the classic bully cliché he normally is but he's just annoying as hell. The Marc Webb version is honestly much better, not only because he actually has a sympathetic scene where he's sorry for Peter, wich is a really refreshing take on bullies, but also simply because he has more scenes and more personnality even when doing the bullying thing
1645402201684.jpg

I have my criticisms of the Disney+ shows but gotta give credit where credit is due for popularizing this sort of 6-episode format which suits superhero stuff the most in my opinion. Have been binging some old shows during the pandemic, and while these are all shows I like, it seems like either there is too much filler in shows like Arrow and the Flash which makes it a slowburn plus completely nonsensical at times like Flash struggling to beat some muggers, or they follow the 13 hour movie binge watch format like the Netflix Marvel series which are shorter and avoids filler but it tends to make the middle of the season a bit weak in order to drag the storyline on.

Last edited:
All of Spider-Man's school peers were underwhelming in the trilogy

I have my criticisms of the Disney+ shows but gotta give credit where credit is due for popularizing this sort of 6-episode format which suits superhero stuff the most in my opinion. Have been binging some old shows during the pandemic, and while these are all shows I like, it seems like either there is too much filler in shows like Arrow and the Flash which makes it a slowburn plus completely nonsensical at times like Flash struggling to beat some muggers, or they follow the 13 hour movie binge watch format like the Netflix Marvel series which are shorter and avoids filler but it tends to make the middle of the season a bit weak in order to drag the storyline on.
I'd genuinely enjoy the flash more if was much shorter because then that'd force the writers to actually make a flash show where he's competent and actually uses his superspeed not having random villains and goons blitz him or just magically disappear when they run around s corner or some shit

Im so hyped for Thor L&T, hope we get some awesome feats and showings from our favourite Norse God. Plus I really hope they do Gorr well.

Overall if we get some great character moments and feats from this it would make my year lol.

Also its kinda cruious that Thor in the lego set doesnt have Storm Breaker and looks more like Awakened Thor (Which is honestly what I wanted so potential hype).

Im so hyped for Thor L&T, hope we get some awesome feats and showings from our favourite Norse God. Plus I really hope they do Gorr well.

Overall if we get some great characters moments and feats from this it would make my year lol.
Literally my exact feelings I want this to be so good for even just my own sake because I want to enjoy it so bad and I'd dread it if it fell flat

And we're not even talking about that...stupidity they called a plot for Season 7

Producer Guy: So now that the Speed Force is dead, it's gonna be really hard for Flash to get his speed back.
Screenwriter Guy: Actually it's gonna be super easy, barely an inconvinience at all.
Producer Guy: Oh, really?
Screenwriter Guy: Yeah, Barry and Iris's love for each other creates a spark that rebirths the speed force.
Producer Guy: The love of two human beings, rebirths a multidimensional entity?
Screenwriter Guy: No!
Producer Guy: Oh?
Screenwriter Guy: It also creates 3 more multidimensional entities at the same time.
Producer Guy: Oh My God!
Screenwriter Guy: And they call Barry and Iris their Mom and Dad!
Producer Guy: Please Stop!

I swear to Odin, this is the plot of the first part of Season 7

Last edited:
With Holland Flash I understand what they were trying to do given that heavily physical bullies are something not commonly seen in todays world, but the execution was just poor.

Even if he isn't as physical, you can still make him look physically intimidating instead of just some scrawny egotistical smartass. No offense to the actor. Its not his fault they forced him into some role he was never fit for.

With Holland Flash I understand what they were trying to do given that heavily physical bullies are something not commonly seen in todays world, but the execution was just poor.

Even if he isn't as physical, you can still make him look physically intimidating instead of just some scrawny egotistical smartass. No offense to the actor. Its not his fault they forced him into some role he was never fit for.
The character was badly writtent, he's more of a victim than a bully, there's nothing intimidating about him, he's just ridiculous

And we're not even talking about that...stupidity they called a plot for Season 7

Producer Guy: So now that the Speed Force is dead, it's gonna be really hard for Flash to get his speed back.
Screenwriter Guy: Actually it's gonna be super easy, barely an inconvinience at all.
Producer Guy: Oh, really?
Screenwriter Guy: Yeah, Barry and Iris's love for each other creates a spark that rebirths the speed force.
Producer Guy: The love of two human beings, rebirths a multidimensional entity?
Screenwriter Guy: No!
Producer Guy: Oh?
Screenwriter Guy: It also creates 3 more multidimensional entities at the same time.
Producer Guy: Oh My God!
Screenwriter Guy: And they call Barry and Iris their Mom and Dad!
Producer Guy: Please Stop!

I swear to Odin, this is the plot of the first part of Season 7
Wtf…

yeah sure andrew garfield

At this point, you have to make a very specific response in order to not be called out on being in the movie. Stewart responded to his friends like "Uhhh no I was home watching the Super Bowl, I couldn't have been in the trailer" so as we know, that absolutely means he is in the movie.

I do agree that The Amazing Spider-Man had the best Flash Thompson, with the most meaningful character development.

That being said, I still personally prefer MCU Flash to Raimi Flash as a character, mainly because Raimi Flash essentially vanishes from the story after the high school graduation in the middle of the first movie, and never gets an actual character arc or depth. Heck, he never even gets established as a Spider-Man fan! At least MCU Flash became noticeably less of a jerk after Homecoming, and FFH established him as a Spider-Man fanboy, and also gave him a bit more depth, such as heavily implying he deals with a neglectful family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back