• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this to funny not to post

t3_rkqsx8

Just watched the movie and wow. It wasn't perfect, but it sure is a love letter to Spider-Man fans. I'm sure most of you have said what I want to say though, I'm gonna take some time to read the previous posts.

Btw are we gonna be powerscaling to the old movies?
In case it wasn't obvious, yes. Yes, we will. The movie obviously hammers down that these villains are the same villains we saw in the movies all those years ago, same goes for the Spider-Men if the "my back" reference wasn't blatant enough.

Multiple interviews also confirm NWH Ock to be the same exact Ock that died by drowning himself and his fusion reactor in the end of SM2, basically he was pulled right when Peter was giving him the "give up the thing you want the most, even your dreams" pep talk where Ock says he had Spidey by the throat.

In case it wasn't obvious, yes. Yes, we will. The movie obviously hammers down that these villains are the same villains we saw in the movies all those years ago, same goes for the Spider-Men if the "my back" reference wasn't blatant enough.

Multiple interviews also confirm NWH Ock to be the same exact Ock that died by drowning himself and his fusion reactor in the end of SM2, basically he was pulled right when Peter was giving him the "give up the thing you want the most, even your dreams" pep talk where Ock says he had Spidey by the throat.
Kinda why I said it wasn't "perfect" though, the set-up didn't make a whole lot of sense. If it's the already sane Ock before drowning why would he need to be fixed and how would fixing him help him since he'd just go back to that moment and do the exact same thing and die? Also Electro doesn't real know Peter Parker iirc? The whole introduction to the "multiverse" seems kinda sloppy especially with Doctor Strange acting out of character (already raised this issue when I watched the trailer) and Peter just being a complete idiot makes it feel like a dumb cartoon.

But man **** it who gives a shit when the Raimi and Webb people started coming in the movie was amazing and the third act was a 10/10.

Kinda why I said it wasn't "perfect" though, the set-up didn't make a whole lot of sense. If it's the already sane Ock before drowning why would he need to be fixed and how would fixing him help him since he'd just go back to that moment and do the exact same thing and die? Also Electro doesn't real know Peter Parker iirc? The whole introduction to the "multiverse" seems kinda sloppy especially with Doctor Strange acting out of character (already raised this issue when I watched the trailer) and Peter just being a complete idiot makes it feel like a dumb cartoon.
Yeah, I had some questions about Electro, but I think the "sane Ock" thing is answerable since we do see him explicitly say that he had Spidey at the throat before he got teleported, meaning Pete might not have given him the pep talk just yet. I think he'd basically avoid his death via using the Arc Reactor in some way or another, given that he already had a first-hand experience of how Electro used it.

But man **** it who gives a shit when the Raimi and Webb people started coming in the movie was amazing and the third act was a 10/10.

THE MY BACK scene was ******* gold. That was prolly the one single scene you could use to literally canonize Rami-verse to MCU right then and there. That or the "I'M SOMETHING OF A SCIENTIST MYSELF" part. Jon Watts really nailed how to impress us Spidey fans.

EDIT: NVM, I screwed up. My bad.

Last edited:
I think this movie was similar to Avengers: Endgame in a lot of ways. If you were to be a dick and pick apart the plot then yeah you'll find many problems in the script, but they did fan service completely right and it was amazing.
I kinda wished to see the court proceedings honestly. Would have shown more of Daredevil. Good to know his reflexes are swifter than Spidey's.

Yeah, I had some questions about Electro, but I think the "sane Ock" thing is answerable since we do see him explicitly say that he had Spidey at the throat before he got teleported, meaning Pete might not have given him the pep talk just yet. I think he'd basically avoid his death via using the Arc Reactor in some way or another, given that he already had a first-hand experience of how Electro used it.
Electro I have a doubt about him cause he was apparently brought to the MCU before he died but his intro sees him reconstructing himself like if he had died before. It's possible he was actually taken from when he died and did reconstruct himself

Electro I have a doubt about him cause he was apparently brought to the MCU before he died but his intro sees him reconstructing himself like if he had died before. It's possible he was actually taken from when he died and did reconstruct himself
So maybe he never died to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back