• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is done, I've seen it...and I'm still processing what I've seen. It was incredible

The Matt Murdock scene. It was small but beyond ejoyable. The scene is funny and the catching stone was great. The excitement was already absolute with this, in all honesty, small but still excellent thing.
The villains. The Lizard and Sandman are the one who suffer the most. Sandman starts off very good but his switch to villainy (sort of) is a bit meh. Lizard is underdevelopped. Guess it was unavoidable. Electro however was really good. The new look was excellent, the jokes are amazing and the powers are great. I really liked the scene where he appears for the first time. Complete silence, no music as Peter is facing him trying to reconstruct his body. Doc Ock was amazing. Molina was great in the role, the CGI on him were excellent and the fight between him and Peter is really good, particulary the part where they fight using their tentacles. I also liked how he was ultimately an allied to Spider-Man in the end, it really fits the character. Finally, the Goblin. My only regret was that he breaks his mask when we could have kept it, otherwise he's great. Defoe is enjoying himself as ****, every second he was on screen you see it. He also has great character developpement. I swear I burst out laughing when he said "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself". Funniest scene in the entire movie but also one bringing absolute joy to, because it's a wide-known meme and the writers put it in the movie.

The Aunt May death scene. I honestly didn't thought they go that far. My problem with the other two movies is honestly this Peter was a bit too childish, too teenager-like, with too much typical Marvel humor except even more humor-like. This scene shocked me. They had the balls to do that and it was perfectly done.

But of course, this is nothing compared to the real stuff. The big one. The scene. Ned opening a portal leading to a small street. I swear, the entire theater ROARED when Garfield appeared. It wasn't excitement, it was overjoy, absolute ******. Then another portal and Mcguire appeared as well. I honestly had tears of joy. Absolute, pure joy is the only way to describe the feeling to see those two together and from there, it's just that, absolute joy. Every single interaction between the three Spider-Man is great, we have references to what happened in their universe, very emotional moments, especially with Garfield, the jokes, the personnality of each one of them contrasting the others, everything was perfect. The great power moment was incredible, those little details that just brought absolute nostalgia. Every single shot of the three of them, or even Mcguire and Garfield in the same scene is wallpaper material.
The moment in the final battle where the three of them are swinging on the Statue of Liberty with the shot of the three of them in their costume. Again, the entire theater screamed of joy. The most emotional moment for me was definitely the scene with MJ falling. Seeing Garfield jumping to save her and succeeding brought me tears of joy. The look on his face...god, it was incredible. You can teel he's both thinking "I wish I could do it with Gwen" and "I've done it. Not this time. I've done it" at the same time. Undescriptible.
The twist at the end was also great. Making Peter being forgotten by everyone he knew, absolutely everyone including Happy, alone and by himself and accepting it, taking responsabilities to prevent more losses. A great scene and FINALLY some developpement for MCU Spidey and a very mature one at that.

And last but not least, the second post-credit scene. The first one was funny with Tom Hardy and Venom, even if we don't see the latter, and the little bit of Symbiote at the end is exciting. But the second scene almost (almost) overshadows the whole movie. They put the trailer for Multiverse of Madness at the end of the movie. I was NOT expecting that and that was great. The trailer was exceptional, seeing Wanda with Strange was exceptional, the multiverse shots were stunning beautiful and the effects are amazing. There was also that shot...did they reveal Shuma Gorath? THE Shuma Gorath?! Holy shit! And the last scene. We have two Doctor Strange, the normal one and one that really looks like Strange Supreme. But given what happened in What if, it's likely it's not him. So either it's Strange Supreme who left his post, another evil Strange from another universe or someone disguised as Strange. And if that's the case...we MIGHT get...well, you know who, he was rumored since Wanda & Vision. Gosh, that would be amazing.

All and all, the movie isn't perfect. Some moments are too "Quick it's too serious, we need jokes!" especially with Ned, Flash is as useless and annoying as ever, etc. But you know what? I don't care. I haven't been enjoying myself like that in the theater (and honestly, without further details, my life as a whole) for a while and I needed it. I wish I could erase my memories to forget what I saw and watch again. The movie isn't perfect but I don't care. ABSOLUTE ENJOYMENT.

Note: Garfield is the best Spider-Man, period.

what? It 100% looks like shuma tho? gargantos eye is totally different
Here's the Lego set

76205-lego-marvel-gargantos-showdown_1.jpg

He got it coming after not pulling a no-brainer with the time stone against Thanos in Infinity War.

I still can't picture the idea of not a single timeline being succesfull using that stone.
I hope they actually bring it up later or something. Like he looked so far in the future that that timeline was the only one where everything goes right in every future situation too or something and that's why it was only that one and not the infinite other possible successes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back