• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't worry, I can understand that feeling, even if I'm still excited for Marvel products, and I don't think I'm the only one
I mean I cant say I dont see his reasoning, the ending of Phase 3 was legendary and the beginning of Phase 4, while still good imo, obviously doesnt match up.

Plus its not unreasonable to doubt Hollywood since it is Hollywood but still I overall disagree with him on plenty of things regarding specifically the MCU and am still hyped for most of Phase 4.

I just think it needs time to rebuild itself, now if after Phase 4 ends and it never properly rebuilds itself then yes I will obviously say the Phase was a bust.

I mean I cant say I dont see his reasoning, the ending of Phase 3 was legendary and the beginning of Phase 4, while still good imo, obviously doesnt match up.

Plus its not unreasonable to doubt Hollywood since it is Hollywood but still I overall disagree with him on plenty of things regarding specifically the MCU and am still hyped for most of Phase 4.

I just think it needs time to rebuild itself, now if after Phase 4 ends and it never properly rebuilds itself then yes I will obviously say the Phase was a bust.
It's not really that I think. We're Marvel fans but many people are tired of the MCU formula and the fact it's everywhere now and it's too much now, not to mention some of problems from the MCU itself (characters that tehnd to be wasted while they could be useful for following movies and have a bigger role like Klaue, Dormammu or Taskmaster for example, the Marvel humor that has a tendency to waste some dramatic scenes, the plots that aren't necessarily great, etc)

Phase 4 was just bad timing. I think people just expected too much after how amazing the end of Phase 3 was, not only that but then everything got hit by the pandemic which was a huge blow to everyone. Didn't help that the first movie we got was a movie that should've been released in an earlier Phase either.

Imho, Shang-Chi was a huge step up from everything (What-If included despite it's flaws).

It's not really that I think. We're Marvel fans but many people are tired of the MCU formula and the fact it's everywhere now and it's too much now, not to mention some of problems from the MCU itself (characters that tehnd to be wasted while they could be useful for following movies and have a bigger role like Klaue, Dormammu or Taskmaster for example, the Marvel humor that has a tendency to waste some dramatic scenes, the plots that aren't necessarily great, etc)
Fair enough, the MCU has become massive and is everywhere so if you werent a fan I can understand why someone would dislike it.

There is definitely issues in the MCU, characters (especially Villians) definitely tend to get wasted and I will agree that Marvel humor isnt always on point in terms of timing, Marvel has definitely had its funny moments but its also had its blunders in terms of “misfired” jokes. Another thing ill note is that I think at times Marvel has hesitated going to dark/deep due to it still being part of the Disney brand, now looking at this phase I do have some hope but that is something ive noticed myself.

Last edited:
Was rewatching old Age of Ultron Clips and saw that Tony (Mark 43) was easily beating Ultron (Prime Body).

Ultron initially held his own against Tony due to the cramped space in the ship along with utilizing his gravity hax, but even when he was landing energy blasts against Tony he only did minimal damage.

Whereas Tony with only his shoulder missiles, and repulsor blasts badly damaged Ultron, then One-Shot him with a wrist missile.

You have a link? Is it full of spoilers?
Nate Moore is a Marvel Executive. He said many details about the movie. Like
*Eternals come from planet Olympia
*Thena suffers from Mahd Wy'ry, a form of mental dementia
*The Deviants are shapeshifters. Some are like humans like Kro, others are bestial. Some of them are Godzilla sized huge.
*The movie is the first romantic drama of Marvel

For Real?

If they're technically Olympians I wonder if this has connections to the Greek pantheon
In the comics, Eternals and Olympians basically made a deal after they met so that Eternals would act as the gods's representatives on Earth and guide mortals while the Olympians would get all the credit for their actions, wich led to humans seeing Eternals as the gods themselves (Eternals were also very similar in appearence with the Olympians, Zurvas with Zeus, Thena with Athena, etc)

The Deviant thing is also very interesting to say the least cause it can effectively put them very high in terms of AP (still want to know if the High 6-A feat is really about Deviants or if this was done by only one of them instead of a group cause it's the consequence of only one Deviant, this would make Eternals gigantically strong)

Yo, Strange memory spell anyone?
Didn't need Strange to erase this..."series" from my mind, my head did all the work out of sheer horror (it pops out sometimes though)
Me:
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back