• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

I've also noticed that it seems like the MCU is kind of making the same mistake as the comics in the sense that it's now seeming like just like you had to read a bunch of comics to get an idea of what was going on in a certain arc, you have to do the same thing for movies as well. A complaint people had about Multiverse of Madness was that it seemed like you had to watch WandaVision before hand to understand "What's a darkhold? What kids are Wanda talking about? What is Westview? What happened there?". I saw a video by captainmidnight talking about this same issue, and he pointed out how this was always a thing with the MCU, but it seems as though it's become more prevalent because the MCU has churned out more movies yearly (they used to do 1-2 yearly, but then went to 3 near the end of Phase 3, and 4 by the start of Phase 4) along with Disney+ shows being about an extra 6 hours worth of content per show. That's something that makes following along more of a tall order for someone who wants to get into the MCU: not impossible, just more difficult.
I think MoM could have rectified some of the casual audience confusion if they made Wanda's motive be about Vision instead of the kids, not only thematically it makes more sense (Wanda clearly cares more about Vision than the children considering she created the hex to see Vision), the audience know Vision and remember Infinity War.

This problem will be much more apparent with Captain Marvel Two, it is a continuation of the Ms. Marvel TV Series, a show which has a much smaller audience than WandaVision (And the lowest viewed MCU Disney+ Show), so even some marvel fans will be bewildered

Last edited:
Yeah agreed, I think the tv shows have been overall detrimental to the health of the MCU. It complicates too much, forces people to watch extra content to gain an understanding of what’s happening when they already have to remember 5 previous movies. Not to mention it feels like it also sidelines a lot of character’s content. Even though they may be getting more content in terms of time, they’ve come out in lower quality to a degree and the lack of theatrical release means less attention.

i think if there one or two shows a year it wouldn’t really be an issue but it’s probably better off without it

Well the new scaling is really based off statements moreso than actual AP feats aside from "X fought Y" stuff so I doubt for a while people will clip the statements here and there that we'll use
I know I’m just saying that cuz I think it be better to have Zeus’s statment on hand so there isn’t any confusion(you know how people can be)

Always something like this, it's like some people are just waiting to try and tear down upgrades

Phase 4 MCU be like:
tumblr_ly81xpyU731r8pxv5o1_500.gifv

Mrks: Outlier :v

I'm just gonna wait for the inevitable "Thor isn't a reliable source of information", "This is an outlier", "Those Celestials look different", etc.
Might as well tear those arguments down before anyone tries them

1. Thor implies he's been to Omnipotence City in the past and outright talks about having seen Zeus before. He definitely knows what he's talking about. Plus, Zeus being the leader of the city and every other god we see there pretty much worshipping him reaffirms the statement

2. Not really. There's no strings attached to Zeus, so he's fine. Thor is stated to have become stronger than ever before. Jane is treated as comparable to him, and there's also no strings attached to her. Plus, Thor is logically at least as strong as Jane in this movie. There's no strings attached to Gorr either. In fact, Gorr makes a star rapidly revolve around his asteroid in the shadow realm, so him being tier 4 is rather appropriate

3. This is so pitiful I don't even feel like responding to it with anything substantial

I know movies aren't comics, but my God, seeing Thor and freaking Jane Foster at 4-C and Odin at 6-C makes my eyes bleed

They should give Odin the respect, battle and feats he always deserved, but oh well MCU
Definitely, unfortunately we never see him at his prime and we can't even use something to compare him to Zeus since Zeus is apparently the top god

This probably isn't the right thread to ask this question but, Phase 4: were there more hits or misses this phase?
I'd personally say there's plenty of hits in Phase 4, but there were a few that were underwhelming or just meh.
NWH, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight and Loki are my favorites out of them and they were all amazing.
Black Widow was a bit of a mess but it had some good moments, though it's definitely my least favorite of Phase 4 so far. What If...? is an interesting little experiment and the Watcher is a great character so I'm interested in seeing more. MoM had awesome moments, holds a lot of promise for what's to come and looked great so I give that a thumbs up and yes even Eternals was good IMO. Sure the story wasn't amazing and sometimes the characters were out of focus (not to mention the HUGE downplay of abilities which I did think was stupid), but the visuals were amazing, the lead characters are good and the one thing they absolutely nailed was the Celestials; whenever they were on screen you could really feel just how gargantuan they were and how far above anything on Earth (and possibly the universe) they were. Arishem is a very underrated character IMO.
Love and Thunder was a bit underwhelming and the humor felt too childish and in-your-face, but Gorr the God Butcher is a great villain, it looks fantastic and the action was fun. WandaVision was good overall but I felt they focused too much on the aspects no one really cared about (seriously who the **** wants to have Darcy Lewis and the military be one of the central parts of most of the last few episodes?... I do like Jimmy Woo though) and Hawkeye was great too but I do feel like they should have made that longer, like at least ten episodes or something, to really flesh it all out a bit more. Also I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I actually really got into Ms. Marvel; not all of it was amazing and nothing really major happens (save for a few epic reveals here and there) but I really liked the characters and the artistic flare the show had. A bit of culture is always welcome too!
I will say that Phase 4 feels like an experimental phase; they're trying new things and seeing what works and what doesn't and also pushing the envelope a bit further, even if it doesn't always land how they'd like it too. Maybe what the complaints are for the series and movies will be taken on board and help Phase 5 do a lot better. Hoping BP2 is good too but I have no idea what they're going to do with that one.

Last edited:
Definitely, unfortunately we never see him at his prime and we can't even use something to compare him to Zeus since Zeus is apparently the top god
Although technically we could upgrade him and justify it as scaling to his son, considering he's the All-Father and leader of Asgard who was able to take Thor's power away and fought in countless wars of Endgame level epicness? We may not have seen them sure, but we know they happened and also the whole star feat thing at his wife's funeral.

By the way, creating a neutron star is a 4-B feat, can we assume that the Celestials also created them along with the other stars in the universe?
I mean, they're stated to have created stars for the entire universe so I guess. Maybe we can for something like "At least 4-C/High 4-C to 4-B", with the High 4-C and 4-B justification saying they created all stars, this should include massive stars of High 4-C size and neutron stars which are 4-B

I know it's pretty flimsy but I would say support for Thor would also come from Thor: Ragnarok where Odin states that Thor is stronger than him. Since he scales to 4-C or 4-B depending on what we agree on we could maybe use that as a bit of justification too. The OG mythology also stated Thor was bred to be a warrior to surpass the strength of all Asgard and I don't see why it wouldn't be the same here. Again, flimsy but I do think it holds some merit :)

I know it's pretty flimsy but I would say support for Thor would also come from Thor: Ragnarok where Odin states that Thor is stronger than him. Since he scales to 4-C or 4-B depending on what we agree on we could maybe use that as a bit of justification too. The OG mythology also stated Thor was bred to be a warrior to surpass the strength of all Asgard and I don't see why it wouldn't be the same here. Again, flimsy but I do think it holds some merit :)
I always thought he meant the figuratively. Plus it doesn’t really add up with surtur being stronger then him

Back