• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

They said Thor wanted to see Thanos suffer before he killed him. That's kind of a major plot point and a huge reason for the snap happening
Thanos took an axe directly to the chest, this is quintillions of times greater than his durability. Thanos should have died and quickly.

And plus, Thanos's sword blocked Stormbreaker, which somebody like SW can break into two. This would make her, and everybody as well, 4-C

Thanos took an axe directly to the chest, this is quintillions of times greater than his durability. Thanos should have died and quickly.

And plus, Thanos's sword blocked Stormbreaker, which somebody like SW can break into two. This would make her, and everybody as well, 4-C
It blocked the handle, not the axe-head, but whatever

I'm against 4-C Post Awakening and Endgame Mjonir, neutral on stormbreaker. Mjonir is tied to Thor's strength, so Mjonir being 4-C then kinda doesn't make sense. Strombreaker was able to cut through an IG blast, but if it was 4-C why would it be incapable of cutting through Thanos fully?
Mjonlir has the “caused a star to explode” statement tho

Thanos' sword never blocked a direct hit from the metal part of the axe
Hm not to be a downer but thanos was hit with stormbreaker here (you can see the sparks) and slapped it down with his bare hand here which would cause the problems mentioned above. And about mjonlir being star level before LAT due to the image above, iron man and thanos both took hits from it. Agree with ratings during LAT tho.

Hm not to be a downer but thanos was hit with stormbreaker here (you can see the sparks)
It skimmed his armor.
and slapped it down with his bare hand here which would cause the problems mentioned above.
He's not slapping down a direct swing though its not in motion.

BTW, I just wanna clarify that I'm leaning towards disagreeing with 4-C Pre LaT SB too lol.

It skimmed his armor.

He's not slapping down a direct swing though its not in motion.

BTW, I just wanna clarify that I'm leaning towards disagreeing with 4-C Pre LaT SB too lol.
True, but a skim from something capable of destroying a star should do more than not even leave visible damage imo. And wouldn't thanos need at least relative force to re-direct something star level, especially since thor + cap were actively moving it towards him? Anyway not tryna be needlessly hard on the mcu, just some thoughts.

I don't think Thor's Post-Awakening and Endgame keys should have Tier 4 Stormbreaker/Mjolnir

Also, Jane's MFTL+ flight speed rating would scale to her combat and reaction speed since:

Both Thor Odinson and Gorr would also scale to it
Mjolnir is only tier 4 in L&T cuz that's when its used to fight against Gorr. Endgame Thor does not have a tier 4 Mjølnir

On the Endgame section of Thor's page, the rating should be as follows

On Mjølnir's own page, the rating should be as follows
I updated both Thor and Jane's sandboxes with the suggestions but personally I think 4-C Stormbreaker makes sense, I don't think the rating has any solid anti-feats, since when Thor threw Stormbreaker at Thanos he purposefully kept him alive because he wanted to get back at him, and I also remember from some discussions that it should upscale Rockets Hadron Enforcer which is Moon level but I forget the reasoning.

Last edited:
True, but a skim from something capable of destroying a star should do more than not even leave visible damage imo. And wouldn't thanos need at least relative force to re-direct something star level, especially since thor + cap were actively moving it towards him? Anyway not tryna be needlessly hard on the mcu, just some thoughts.
I see what you mean but just because a skim didn't cause as much damage as you think it should doesn't necessarily make it an anti-feat

I see what you mean but just because a skim didn't cause as much damage as you think it should doesn't necessarily make it an anti-feat
It should considering their proposed massive gap in ap and dura imo, similar to how superman lightly slapping a human with a portion of his strength would obliterate them. also thanos redirected stormbreaker when thor + cap were pushing it towards him.

It should considering their proposed massive gap in ap and dura imo, similar to how superman lightly slapping a human with a portion of his strength would obliterate them. also thanos redirected stormbreaker when thor + cap were pushing it towards him.
idk man I still don't think a skim is reason enough to disregard a rating entirely, also how did Thanos redirect it because that could just be a lifting strength feat

idk man I still don't think a skim is reason enough to disregard a rating entirely, also how did Thanos redirect it because that could just be a lifting strength feat
i wouldn't want it to either, but I've seen upgrades be denied for less blatant things, especially in the mcu. and he slaps it down here on the edge of the axe while its blazing with power and his hand isn't even remotely hurt. thor and co should be 4-C from LAT on.

Plus he reacted on the rush against a sudden and very powerful attack from an unexpected opponent he thought he killed, he barely had time to genuinely act

Also, did Thor say that Zeus was the "strongest" of the gods, or the "greatest?" I vaguely remember it being the latter, and thats a pretty big difference for scaling as it could mean lots of things. Especially since Thor is a Zeus fanboy and would be biased towards him.

Ok. Personally, I'm not fully on board with 4-C. It is a MASSIVE jump based on just one line and a couple Celestials standing in the background. And like I said, Thor is highly biased. He outright admits he is very disappointed in Zeus, so its likely he isn't as strong as he thought either. And if we have to completely make up a "Varies" mechanism to prevent massive complications in backscaling (nothing indicates Mjolnir has gotten trillions of times stronger since Endgame), it is just too inconsistent in my eyes.

Ok. Personally, I'm not fully on board with 4-C. It is a MASSIVE jump based on just one line and a couple Celestials standing in the background. And like I said, Thor is highly biased. He outright admits he is very disappointed in Zeus, so its likely he isn't as strong as he thought either. And if we have to completely make up a "Varies" mechanism to prevent massive complications in backscaling (nothing indicates Mjolnir has gotten trillions of times stronger since Endgame), it is just too inconsistent in my eyes.
The disappointment is about Zeus's personnality. Thor remembered him as a great hero and protector of worlds and he sees he's just a massive egotistical jerk. It has nothing to do with Zeus's power, just his behavior

Thor is disappointed in Zeus being a dick, not that he's not as powerful as Thor hyped him up to be

Also while massive tier jumps are questionable, I fail to see that as a counterpoint when nothing contradicts tier 4 so far given

-The statement about Zeus being the most powerful
-The statement and implication that Thor has gotten way stronger
-Jane having only interacted with tier 4 characters in fights
-Gorr being heavily feared by Zeus

Plus I heavily disagree with simply "massive tier jump" as a counterpoint unless there are inherent problems with it (which there aren't in this case)

Back