• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
key what’s that have to do with this yes he has to turn on his awakened mode it’s clearly something he has to activate and again what does him having to turn it on have to do with any of this
I’m assuming you just don’t even know what arguments are being raised to let me spell it out for you.

The arguments going on are about the scaling chain that comes from Hulk being Low 4-C. This results in an insane amount of characters backscaling to Low 4-C, which some people disagree with. This all stems Pre-Awakening Thor.

OP says people on Pre-Awakening Thor’s level should not scale to Low 4-C, yet the accepted Hulk scaling disagrees with that.

You claiming “Thor can turn his power on and off” supports the idea that Pre-Awakening Thor and everyone that scales to him should be star level. So I’m trying to determine what you’re even sayin in this thread because you’re lowkey not making any sense or taking a stance despite what you’re saying very clearly being in favor of everyone being Low 4-C.

You claiming “Thor can turn his power on and off” supports the idea that Pre-Awakening Thor and everyone that scales to him should be star level.
first of all it’s not claiming it’s literally stated in the scan I sent I sent earlier + you can tell by watching the movies so not a claim a fact

hulk was the entire point that throws this scaling off in the first place people were just saying this earlier

first of all it’s not claiming it’s literally stated in the scan I sent I sent earlier + you can tell by watching the movies so not a claim a fact

hulk was the entire point that throws this scaling off in the first place people were just saying this earlier
Your scan does not show that but I’ll ignore that for now.

Yes, Hulk is the problem addressed by OP. Your claim, however, makes Thor the problem, as he would directly scale to Thanos. So let me ask.

Do you believe that Pre-Awakening Thor and everyone who scales to him should be Low 4-C.

It does is says word by word he begins to Unleash his power over thunder key word unleash meaning something that wasn’t active

So where does the carol scaling come from like explain how this scaling starts
So Carol did a star level feat.

She isn’t stated to be stronger than Endgame, so Thanos back scales from this feat and is also star level.

If Thanos is Star level than everyone who hurts or fights or takes hits from him is Star level.

Thor fought Thanos without his Awakening activated, and is therefore Star level.

Unless Thor in Ragnarok is violently more powerful than he was prior, this means everyone who ever scaled to Thor now scales to Thanos.

Thor fought Thanos without his Awakening activated, and is therefore Star level
Ok so this part is eh ragnarock Thor the one who fought Thanos got neg dif off screen if your talking about endgame thor wouldn’t make sense as he’s stronger then ragnarock Thor the only Thor who scales to Thanos would be endgame not ragnarock

Thor base form grows to like L&T base obviously isn’t equal to ragnarock Thor pre awakened

he’s stronger then ragnarock Thor the only Thor who scales to Thanos would be endgame not ragnarock
Endgame Thor without Stormbreaker, Mjolnir, and his Awakening got beat up by Thanos, and got incapacitated for some time after Thanos kicked him through rubble. He only got back up some time during the portals scene.

Endgame Thor without Stormbreaker, Mjolnir, and his Awakening got beat up by Thanos, and got incapacitated for some time after Thanos kicked him through rubble. He only got back up some time during the portals scene.
Not how it works as long as mjolnir and stormbreaker are connected to him he still gains the effect from them he doesn’t actually need them in his hands

His awakening also dropped Thanos to his knees in 3 seconds or less pushed Thanos to his limits and almost killed him had he not slapped the weapon away as quick as he did

she-hulk-daredevil-entry-she-hulk-matt-murdock-entry.gif

Yeah, having every Pre-Awakening character downscale from Low 4-C would definitely cause issues. I was expecting the old method of Thor getting an Early Ragnarok key to be reimplemented if we were going to have Hulk downscale again to avoid impacting so many characters, but if that's no longer considered an usable option, downgrading Hulk back to where he was seems like the best option, though a note would probably need to be added to his profile giving an explanation. (There might be arguments to be made for Pre-Awakening characters having High 6-A to 5-C scaling, but I think that would probably best be left to its own thread)

Marvel has decided to quit the wiki

Nah, Age of Ultron has the big blame. Slow Quicksilver, "Most Hulk" Hulk getting pacified by a falling building, Thor putting his all into blowing up a tiny rock, Ultron level Cap or vis versa.
Slow quicksilver bro?? Bro is textbook MHS

MCU honestly has a big speed scaling problem too but if I speak I'm in big trouble 🤷😗

KoW does have a point here though. The biggest culprit we need to look at right now is Thor his scaling between himself, Hela, Hulk, and most importantly Thanos is all kinds of whack right now and we need to regroup and look at why.

Hulk is also of interest here since his state in sakaar and how he works in relation to Thanos and Thor needs to be looked at as well, but Thor should be the main focus.

I should also point out that though Hulk's match with Thanos and Tony's fight with Thanos have their similarities, it's not a fair comparison given context.

Against Hulk, Thanos is already in a position of advantage as he believes he's about to be handed his immediate goal, his enemies are already down and reeling, and he's genuinely thrown off guard by the attack. In the aftermath of Hulk's barrage, Thanos makes no acknowledgement of the attacks and judging based off of Ebony Maw's comment: "Let him have his fun" it doesn't appear that Thanos took the brawl entirely seriously. Also based off the eye test, Thanos' first few punches appear to be just jabs that he proceeds to follow up with just waiting to see Hulk's reaction to them

Against Tony, Thanos clearly knows who he's up against and has dialogue before the brawl starts. Thanos is more versatile, actually using the power stone against tony in a situation he very clearly has not claimed victory yet, nearly losing moments before. He also makes acknowledgement of Tony's attacks although he did shrug it off. Plus not to mention Tony is a character he very clearly has intent to kill as he believes he's a potential hinderance to his plans and yet Tony still had a degree of fight in him left until being stabbed, whereas Hulk was just straight up KO'ed.

Plus not to mention Tony is a character he very clearly has intent to kill as he believes he's a potential hinderance to his plans and yet Tony still had a degree of fight in him left until being stabbed, whereas Hulk was just straight up KO'ed.
No lol thanos was holding back so much literally the moment he got annoyed he popped Ironman suit like a balloon

Last edited:
No lol thanos was holding back so much he could kill him with 1 hit tony suit was literally nothing to base thanos he literally popped his armor like it was balloon
This is a non argument. The only point where Thanos destroyed a main part of Tony's armor with a single hit was when he ripped off the helmet which would fall under LS anyways. The armor proceeded to endure several hits from Thanos and didn't suffer any significant damage until getting hit with a point blank power stone blast.

This is a non argument. The only point where Thanos destroyed a main part of Tony's armor with a single hit was when he ripped off the helmet which would fall under LS anyways. The armor proceeded to endure several hits from Thanos and didn't suffer any significant damage until getting hit with a point blank power stone blast.
The point is Tony armor is nothing to thanos he could’ve casually crushed it any time he wants his strikes would fall under the same as he hits harder then mjolnir which knocked a stronger Tony out with a single hit and can bloody Thor the armor endured hits from holding back thanos it’s like saying spidey is impressive cause he endured an attack from him

The notion that Thanos would be holding back against a person he has clear intent to kill is ridiculous and Thanos wouldn't sadistically toy with him either as Tony is directly shown to have his respects paid to by Thanos before he prepared to kill him.

Mjonir case is also different since it was also being hit by Stormbreaker. There's also an electrical component to that hit that we can clearly see through electricity leaking out of Tony's suit when he's KOed

Iron Spider is also a ridiculous comparison since Spidey survived a single ground slam, while Tony endured an entire assault and had an effective exchange with Thanos. And once again Tony is a direct threat to Thanos' plans while Spidey is JAG to Thanos. These situations are not the same.

The notion that Thanos would be holding back against a person he has clear intent to kill is ridiculous and Thanos wouldn't sadistically toy with him either as Tony is directly shown to have his respects paid to by Thanos before he prepared to kill him
If Thanos wanted to kill him that bad why didn’t he just crush his skull along with the helmet or better yet why didn’t he just use the stones and one shot everyone on titan ? thanos never seen tony as a threat any single stone could’ve one shot Tony then Thanos physicals alone are already above him Tony was literally struggling with cull and now he’s thanos level

Mjonir case is also different since it was also being hit by Stormbreaker. There's also an electrical component to that hit that we can clearly see through electricity leaking out of Tony's suit when he's KOed
It wasn’t that different as Stormbreaker didn’t even shatter mjolnir which it has the ability to do and still doesn’t change the fact that Thor is above tony who already gets bloodied from Thor

Iron Spider is also a ridiculous comparison since Spidey survived a single ground slam, while Tony endured an entire assault. And once again Tony is a direct threat to Thanos' plans while Spidey is JAG to Thanos
again doesn’t matter what he was hit with if thanos was holding back tony isn’t a direct threat to his plans he could’ve killed everyone there any time he wanted lol

Carol doesn’t scale or downscale to thanos at all in her base, struggling to really even affect a tired and weakened Thanos.
Thanos tier characters also wouldn't scale.

Carol's aura used for the Star feat has never been replicated in any material and she wasn't even sure if it was possible. No one other than her should scale to the Low 4-C rating in my view.

We certainly shouldn't be scaling Hulk and Pre-Awakened Thor to that. It utterly shatters the setting power scaling.

Carol's aura used for the Star feat has never been replicated in any material and she wasn't even sure if it was possible. No one other than her should scale to the Low 4-C rating in my view
She was clocked out by 1 stone Thor negged all 6 at once ?

Then What if shows us that they aren’t far apart

She was clocked out by 1 stone Thor negged all 6 at once ?
That doesn't matter as her strength is variable. Thor also didn't negate all 6 Stones he just overpowered a beam from them.

Then What if shows us that they aren’t far apart
What If isn't used for mainline scaling barring some special cases. Even in What If Carol was holding back the entire time and the plan was to nuke them so that logic doesn't like up.

Brother, we are not going to go through every possible method Thanos could've used to kill Tony in hypothetical situations to disprove that Thanos was trying to kill Tony lmao. It misses the entire point. If we go down that route I guarantee we can find a way to disprove nearly everyones scaling to Thanos. We objectively see that Thanos' has intent to kill Tony in this fight and therefore there is no reason to believe that Thanos would've held back his punches to the point of invalidating scaling. This notion that Thanos didn't respect Tony is silly especially when considering Tony is the only one Thanos goes out of his way to kill aside from Loki for insubordination and Heimdall for already creating a setback in his plans.

He doesnt try to kill Spidey, he DOES try to kill Tony. Why are we acting like he's holding back to the same degree?

This is off topic anyways. This thread is not about Tony's scaling to Thanos. I only brought it up because it was brought up in relation to Hulk, something that you're not even talking about right now.

That doesn't matter as her strength is variable. Thor also didn't negate all 6 Stones he just overpowered a beam from them
She can’t lower her durability? bruh

What If isn't used for mainline scaling barring some special cases. Even in What If Carol was holding back the entire time and the plan was to nuke them so that logic doesn't like up
Carol has no reason to be any different in that episode then mainline her story wasn’t changed at all and she went through the events of the first movie

how much could she have been holding back after absorbing Thors lighting? Also She stopped holding back at the end and Thor reaction to it was just I actually felt that one

Tony lmao. It misses the entire point. If we go down that route I guarantee we can find a way to disprove nearly everyones scaling to Thanos.
To add, this site vastly overestimates how much the MCU uses the stones intelligently. If they did Infinity Ultron and Thanos would just spam the reality stone and turn everyone into bubbles and then kill them selectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back