• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Doctor Strange minor addition + Comics Scarlet witch MASSIVE revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayewale

He/Him
In Endgame, we see Doctor Strange BFR a few of thanos's minions by wayof purple tentacles. The tentacles grabbed a group of them, and then pulled them into a portal that materialized beneath them. This should be added to his page. He also started out with this in that encounter. This power flips the outcome of Dr.Strange vs Scarlet Witch on it's head.

Meanwhile, the Scarlet Witch page has two big problems it it: -The fact that she only has own key and it's based on House of M/Avengers Dissassembled. -The fact that none of the stuff she does through reality warping is specifically stated.

Let's explain. The first one is because in House of M her powers were amped by Cthon and the Life Force greatly at the time. So none of the feats displayed there are applicable to normal Wanda. So, what are the feats applicable to normal Wanda? And what is her tier? Her tier is-say it with me now-4-B, lower than Thor. Because while she's capable of fighting Thor, it's directly stated by Word of God narrator that 'she has no hope of defeating Thor in direct conflict'.

And what about her powers? Well, through reality warping she has/had:

-Teleporting others via touch.

-Energy Manipulation/Power Negation(?) via sending back all the powers of Rogue into their previous owners.

-Telekinesis via throwing a truck at Thor. And also this.

-Defeated Phoenix Force Cyclops along with Hope's help (The first outlier due to Phoenix Force shenanigans.)

-One-shots Magik w/ a fifth of the Phoenix Force.(Outlier because it means she compares to the Phoenix Force in strength.)

-Teleporting via magic.

-Wind Manipulation/Possible Time Manipulation/'Force' Manipulation via this oddly described feat.

-Definite Time Slowing. Also counts as a reaction feat.

-More Energy Manipulation via dissolving the Phoenix Force with a lot of help from Hope.(though this suggests she has energy comparable to the Phoenix, which would be an outlier.)

-Water manipulation.

-Fire Manipulation.

-Forcefield creation by blocking a blast from P-Force Namor, giving her 4-A durability via forcefields.

-Teleports herself and a group of people, so she definitely has wide-range teleportation

-Wind manipulation.

-Earth manipulation.

-Some form of existence erasure(???)/Destruction Manipulation(???) via this strangely described feat.-

-Illusion Manipulation via her casting a permanent spell on She-hulk that makes it so that her enemies cannot see She-Hulk as She-Hulk.

-Sends She-Hulk ******* flying lmao, which should be some more good proof for a 4-B key.

-Wind/Electricity Manipulation via summoning a storm. Possibly more Water Manip for creating the clouds as well.

-Hurls this poor cauldron across the city.

-Transmutation via turning War Machine's armor to pure iron(also particle manipulation)More transmutation via turning magnetic particles into flowers.

-BFRS a Celestial to another dimension with the help of some other sorcerers.

-States that with a lot of time and power, she could wipe out the mutants again. (Also shows that she can't wipe out the mutants normally).

Via Probability Manipulation she's has/had:

-Stamina Manipulation(?) via making every part of this building simultaneously wear out immediately.

-Makes Hope miss her punch.

-Messes with ultron circuits and also potential Molecule Manipulation by disarranging Ultron's molecules.

-Gravity Manipulation.

-More transmutation.

-Pain Manipulation.

-Makes an arrow lose all momentum.

-Just so happens to make Hawkeye's bowstring snap from Pressure.

-a guys Equilibrium. Manipulate's a guys Equilibrium.

-Power Negation because she gets' rid of Nuclear Man's powers.

-Makes a swordsman lose his grip and makes Quicksilver trip. Makes this robot fall over, too. Trips up Cyclops.

-Creates a grider from nowhere and also makes The Swordsman's sword get stuck in it. Essentially does the same thing to The Minotaur, except she summons a wall of shale.

Holy SHIT, I think I'm down. Oh, and for her House of M key, we got some mind manipulation, instant existence erasure whenever she so much as gets mad, Creation(makes a kree armada), life manipulation and Resurrection, as well as dimension creation and Power Negation on a greater scale. And some time manipulation as well.

Doop.

(Also in Avengers vs X-men she teleports Thor to her side using probability hax. can't find the scan yet, though, but take my word for it.)

I'm not the most experience in Marvel Comics, but a 4-B key doesn't sound bad, and those abilities seem reasonable. Based on what I know, this seems fine, though I'd like to view some discussion about it from more knowledgeable individuals.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Comic Scarlet Witch needs help.
No doubt about that! anyways, this basically boils down to: -give her a 4-B key so that she can have a thread versus doomsday -make her abilities list worth a damn

I suppose that adding the demonstrated abilities, along with a 4-B "Base" key, seems fine.

May you unlock the Scarlet Witch page, Antvasima, so that I can add these abilities?

No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

Thanks. Should I close this thread, or is there something left to do here?

Eficiente requested that I should open this.

He says that he will take up some points later.

Eficiente's suggested changes are probably fine to apply to the profile page.

>tmw I wrote a comment and it got erased

ffs

- Chthon's magic was always a source of her power, it was never a external amp specific to House of M

- It's already been retconned that Chaos Magic is equal to the Phoenix

- She did state all she needs is some rest and a "source of power" (Referring to Chaos Magic) in order to cause another House of M

- She is a nexus being, which by itself is 2-A

- Fought on par with Lore, who is 2-A

- Fought on par with Strange, who is 2-A

- Sealed Dormammu, who is 2-A

- Due to her nature as a nexus being, her children would be 2-A due to her power

- "Direct Conflict" can literally just mean physical combat, and we barely use WoG when it comes to comics

For the hax, I agree with Eficente

Sources:

I'll see if I can comment in that thread later, I noticed it yesterday to be already too big and diverse.

I can make the changes in Scarlet Witch's profile once unlocked, I'll say once I'm done.

Wait why are there changes for the tier when I addressed it? Unless you are only editing hax

I will unlock the Scarlet Witch profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Done, I also changed Molecule Manipulation for Technology Manipulation as she was just messing with Ultron's molecular rearranger, not manipulating molecules herself. I forgot to point out that one, I think it wasn't here.

This thread can be closed now.

@Eficiente

What do you think about Hykuu's comments?

The 2 sources he gave were a thread I'm following and a blog that I assumed was being mentioned in the other thread. 2-A Scarlet Witch would need its own organized thread, which again I assume it's the one linked before, no?

Eficiente said:
>Illusion Manipulation via her casting a permanent spell on She-hulk that makes it so that her enemies cannot see She-Hulk as She-Hulk.
This is also Perception Manipulation.

>Makes an arrow lose all momentum.

I believe this is Vector Manipulation.

>dimension creation

I disagree with this one, this is not real, just Perception Manipulation or something like that.

>time manipulation

I disagree with this as well, nothing points to time manipulation here, just Clairvoyance.
I agree with the first two, however in House of M it's explicitly stated that it was anothe reality that she had created. To boot; the first thing she did in House of M was create a reality where mutants were kings.

As for her time manip, yeah that's clairovyance, but what about her fight against thor when it is said that, and I quote, "time slows down"?

Hykuu said:
>tmw I wrote a comment and it got erased
ffs

- Chthon's magic was always a source of her power, it was never a external amp specific to House of M

- It's already been retconned that Chaos Magic is equal to the Phoenix

- She did state all she needs is some rest and a "source of power" (Referring to Chaos Magic) in order to cause another House of M

- She is a nexus being, which by itself is 2-A

- Fought on par with Lore, who is 2-A

- Fought on par with Strange, who is 2-A

- Sealed Dormammu, who is 2-A

- Due to her nature as a nexus being, her children would be 2-A due to her power

- "Direct Conflict" can literally just mean physical combat, and we barely use WoG when it comes to comics

For the hax, I agree with Eficente

Sources:

Cthon was said to have given her a boost of power in House of M, hence why she was driven insane.

Fighting on par with Strange is a massive outlier considering her rather consistent 4-B feats. 'Sealing' dormammu does not sound like her fighting him, and even if it does, it conflicts with 4-B. Her nature as a nexus being is nice and all, but making her 2-A/2-B would mean all the characters she fights would scale to that, which wouldn't make sense.

As for that, she's fought similar 4-B characters before and had a difficult time with them, like the aforementioned She-Hulk.

Where was it mentioned that Chthon had amplified her powers during House of M? I thought that it was the Life Force.

@Ant Yes, as I said before that's the thread I was following.

@Ayewale With a link to something with someone saying "There is no one in this room but us." I can only disagree with that, I'm pretty sure the whole "reality where mutants were kings" is just Causality Manipulation but I will see about that in the other thread.

I didn't remove her time manip from that feat, only the other.

@Ayewale

"

"Fighting on par with Strange is a massive outlier considering her rather consistent 4-B feats. 'Sealing' dormammu does not sound like her fighting him, and even if it does, it conflicts with 4-B. Her nature as a nexus being is nice and all, but making her 2-A/2-B would mean all the characters she fights would scale to that, which wouldn't make sense."

You would have a point if we didn't know that she holds back, or that she isn't always using her full power, or that she sometimes loses control of her shit, etc. We could just make another key with "Full Power/Potential"

Yeah, she didn't fight Dormammu, but if she sealed him, she could realistically do the same for all the characters she struggles with.

Didn't she simply use the Evil Eye's power to seal Dormammu? Also, Dormammu is incredibly inconsistent, so scaling from a single instance rather than consistency usually gives very misleading results.

Don't remember that being the case, either way, it's a pretty minor point since she can still use shit like probability manip to instantly neg heroes like thor. All the other points still stand

Hykuu said:
@Ayewale
"

"Fighting on par with Strange is a massive outlier considering her rather consistent 4-B feats. 'Sealing' dormammu does not sound like her fighting him, and even if it does, it conflicts with 4-B. Her nature as a nexus being is nice and all, but making her 2-A/2-B would mean all the characters she fights would scale to that, which wouldn't make sense."

You would have a point if we didn't know that she holds back, or that she isn't always using her full power, or that she sometimes loses control of her shit, etc. We could just make another key with "Full Power/Potential"

Yeah, she didn't fight Dormammu, but if she sealed him, she could realistically do the same for all the characters she struggles with.
Yeah, she can seal all her opponents, but we're still not gonna scale her to the The Incredibly Inconsistent Dormammu because of it. As for your key of 'Full Power/Potential', that's not tooo bad however she doesn't hold back much.

"Yeah, she can seal all her opponents, but we're still not gonna scale her to the The Incredibly Inconsistent Dormammu because of it."

"Don't remember that being the case, either way, it's a pretty minor point since she can still use shit like probability manip to instantly neg heroes like thor. All the other points still stand"

But no, we literally know that she doesn't constantly use her full power and is holding back against non-villians. Like it's literally one of the most important parts of House of M and Avengers (the one she fought strange in, don't remember which issue or year exactly) that she isn't constantly using her powers to their full capabilties.

In House of M, she was on an amp, it's not she "wasn't using her full power" since the amp isn't naturally a part of her power.

As well, there's nothing stating or documenting that Scarlet Witch is constantly holding back if she struggles against a Serious Thor and She-Hulk. As well, she was struggling against the Phoenix Force mutants, who are at most 4-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back