• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

scarlet witch upgrade abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
scarlet witch, should she have Accelerated Development or not since she has never shown any ability to resist souls before
https://imgur.io/sKyXUR5
and she can become stronger after wandavision or endgame, she can develop various powers and abilities without training. she can use pocket reality manipulation without having a darkhold

And she uses the runic symbols just by looking at Agatha She didn't need to practice for a long time. Agatha she had to learn various magical spells for a long time

Last edited:
None of this doesn't qualify for AD.

Wanda's grief for Vision caused her to unleash her Chaos Magic, which Agatha says is "magic on autopilot", so of course she doesn't really need to learn the new P&A. Because that's the nature of the Chaos Magic. And she grew stronger after WandaVision due to her use of the Darkhold

None of this doesn't qualify for AD.

Wanda's grief for Vision caused her to unleash her Chaos Magic, which Agatha says is "magic on autopilot", so of course she doesn't really need to learn the new P&A. Because that's the nature of the Chaos Magic. And she grew stronger after WandaVision due to her use of the Darkhold
I thought it as passive Accelerated Development In short, it's not like that, is it?

Wanda isn't growing stronger over time. She just accidentally unleashed her Chaos Magic, and now she's free to use it however she likes
How is it different? I would be confused. I noticed that she developed her powers over time until she became a scarlet witch and became much stronger with the darkhold

How is it different? I would be confused. I noticed that she developed her powers over time
Developing her powers over time isn't a good enough justification. She spent years training with the Avengers and then hiding out with Vision
until she became a scarlet witch
Accidentally through grief
and became much stronger with the darkhold
Multiverse of Madness took place who-knows-how-many months after WandaVision

Multiverse of Madness took place who-knows-how-many months after WandaVision
wouldn't it be better to count the time between endgame and wandavision because she evolved after being lost for 5 years and came back and easily fought Thanos and defeated him? And after that, she was able to develop other abilities even though it happened in pocket reality manipulation

wouldn't it be better to count the time between endgame and wandavision
And after that, she was able to develop other abilities even though it happened in pocket reality manipulation
No. You're ignoring the point that her using the autopilot magic has nothing to do with AD. She just first used it on accident because of grief and after that she can just do whatever she wants with the magic without any need for training or whatnot
because she evolved after being lost for 5 years and came back and easily fought Thanos and defeated him
No she didn't. She was killed by the Snap and became utterly bloodlusted after she was resurrected because Thanos killed her boyfriend.

Heck, even in Infinity War before the Snap, she was powerful enough to eventually destroy the Mind Stone while holding Thanos back at the same time. She was just that powerful when IW came around

No. You're ignoring the point that her using the autopilot magic has nothing to do with AD. She just first used it on accident because of grief and after that she can just do whatever she wants with the magic without any need for training or whatnot
I wonder if it's autopilot, is it any different from passive? I know it happens with she senses sad and it happens on autopilot, but isn't it the development of abilities?

I wonder if it's autopilot, is it any different from passive? I know it happens with she senses sad and it happens on autopilot, but isn't it the development of abilities?
I don't think so. It's more like that the Chaos Magic lets her do whatever she wants within its range of P&A without much effort. At least that's how I see it

I don't think so. It's more like that the Chaos Magic lets her do whatever she wants within its range of P&A without much effort. At least that's how I see it
How is it different from Accelerated Development? Since pocket reality manipulation is just her ability and it happens without her having ever experienced it before

How is it different from Accelerated Development?
She isn't learning a new power. She's just using one that Chaos Magic already has, as a side effect of her grief.

But I'm really not the most knowledgeable expert of AD, but if more solid evidence would be like she learnt how to cast Agatha's rune spell by simply looking at it
Generally, you bump after 8/12/24 hours of inactivity (idk exactly how long), not less than 2

But I'm really not the most knowledgeable expert of AD, but if more solid evidence would be like she learnt how to cast Agatha's rune spell by simply looking at it
Is this the same as AD? I'm not sure, but it's clear that she immediately learned Agatha's explanation without knowing any spells before, so it should work, right?

Isn't that Reactive Evolution?

Isn't that Reactive Evolution?

Should it be Reactive Evolution rather than Accelerated Development?

Should it be Reactive Evolution rather than Accelerated Development?
From what I know, AD is only for skills, Intelligence and power level. RE is for Abilities and Resistance.

From what I know, AD is only for skills, Intelligence and power level. RE is for Abilities and Resistance.

From what I stated above It seems like she has both qualities because she developed resistance. She is able to instantly resist spirits, something she has never shown before, and she has developed abilities through pocket reality manipulation, and she defeats Agatha with her intellect in understanding magic just by looking

She is able to instantly resist spirits, something she has never shown before
Doesn't qualify. We don't give other characters RE for showing Resistances they never showed before

I frankly have no idea whether Wanda learning Agatha's runes is AD or RE, but I initially interpreted it as AD
Abilities: The user can learn new skills and abilities, or improve and master them, at a much faster pace than normal

Does the darkhold have the ability of madness? Since it is stated as the Book of the Damned, and that it corrupts everything and everyone that it touches, it is also stated that There is a spell contained within those pages...
Corrosive to the soul...
A desecration of reality itself, so I wonder if it is madness manipulation and what type it is

I frankly have no idea whether Wanda learning Agatha's runes is AD or RE, but I initially interpreted it as AD

Is could qualify as AD since all that happened down in Agatha's undercroft was Wanda seeing the runes, then Agatha explaining their function and how to make them.

Which Wanda seems to have easily understood then applied practically within that short amount of time against Agatha.

Wanda didn't spontaneously gain a new ability (RE) to combat Agatha, she just copied what she learned from Agatha in a short amount of time (AD) then used it against her.

Last edited:
Is could qualify as AD since all that happened down in Agatha's crypt was Wanda seeing the runes, then Agatha explaining their function and how to make them.

Which Wanda seems to have easily understood then applied practically within that short amount of time against Agatha.

Wanda didn't spontaneously gain a new ability (RE) to combat Agatha, she just copied what she learned from Agatha in a short amount of time (AD) then used it against her.
Finally someone can explain and shut this down

I don't see any Accelerated Development here. A lot of this seems to just be a logical consequence of basic training and time passing and the rest just seems to be her manifesting her powers fully.

Is being given an explanation and demonstration of the spell and understanding said explanation about the spell, then doing a practical application of the spell really considered Power Mimicry?

I mean, yes. Arguably, it's just.... learning a spell. We don't give Accelerated Development to any case of learning about one's powers.

Honestly, probably nothing.
I didn't understand about Accelerated Development about its intelligence because she just looked at it and listened to the explanation and applied it in a short time. And at the end she says that she didn't understand her own power until she learned the darkhold

That's not Accelerated Development. That's just her having good aptitude for her powers, after being taught and having it demonstrated to her.

That's not Accelerated Development. That's just her having good aptitude for her powers, after being taught and having it demonstrated to her.
I thought she would apply it in battle just to her look rune magic and wits. Because Agatha herself doesn't seem to think that she can use these spells because Agatha still thinks that she doesn't know how to use magic and spells properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back