• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Tekken Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP and lifting strength downgrades are being treated separately.

Additionally, I can't really tell whether or not you consider Jack-6's feat to be an outlier or not based on your comment.
As I previously said, I do not. Tekken and its characters through lore and showings pretty obviously grow in terms of power and scale and consider high feat as outlier seems rather nitpicky.

No

I asked jason on the anime stuff that i found worth to know where they are at, but as far as he told me, he has some issues or whatever with his memory on pc or something

Idek who to ask at this point and expect a response about it, thats why its annoying how certain verses get more attention about help on a series

Lost case, i see no use to it if you and the rest that involved themselves in it still run that outdated mentality
How is it an outdated mentality? If there’s a problem use the Content Revision thread to fix it; it’s a very simple proposition and there’s no reason to not do it if there’s an issue.
By your faulty logic, not using the things
mentioned means cutting them away from the profile out, aka none of the haxes nor feats, which case SF high 7-A feat disappears dropping characters at town to city level range just cuz what ifs are not usable by you, try again
Bet, do it, if you have to reach to shit that never happens to maintain a rating you probably shouldn’t have that rating.
You derailed by bringing MK in here with arcade endings here, which again is horrible with the stats, let alone the split decision as well
No I used it as an example which y’all proceeded to run into the ground, including you just now bringing up SF. So once again, stop derailing and discuss the TEKKEN downgrades proposed above

So any luck on the calc members for the redone calc? We just need a yes or no answer to finally put an end to this thread.

I stumbled across this thread as I was about to create my own specifically on Panda. I see it wasn't just me who was puzzled with these tier ratings, I thought I was missing something when she was given 6B. Should be at most 9A but probably more appropriate to be given 9B

Last edited:
How is it an outdated mentality? If there’s a problem use the Content Revision thread to fix it; it’s a very simple proposition and there’s no reason to not do it if there’s an issue.
Outdated mentality by not using what ifs, statements or thinking stuff from game itself cant be used and i keep say much more

Also for what to use a CRT on that series, to have people like you keep downplaying and nitpick stuff fitting your views on their tiering? No thanks
Bet, do it, if you have to reach to shit that never happens to maintain a rating you probably shouldn’t have that rating.
A reason why outdated mentality like this from 5 years ago gotta cease existing
No I used it as an example which y’all proceeded to run into the ground, including you just now bringing up SF. So once again, stop derailing and discuss the TEKKEN downgrades proposed above
Brought it up only cuz you did MK just to appeal on your arguments

I stumbled across this thread as I was about to create my own specifically on Panda. I see it wasn't just me who was puzzled with these tier ratings, I thought I was missing something when he was given 6B. Should be at most 9A but probably more appropriate to be given 9B
Its a she and Panda is no way a tier 9, we gonna ignore how she scales from Kuma, Heihachi sparring partner and rival of Paul these days? Let alone fighting the man himself too in the recent game

Darkness can we stay on topic? We're done arguing the other verses thing, get back to the core debate or we take this to Rule Violations

Its a she and Panda is no way a tier 9, we gonna ignore how she scales from Kuma, Heihachi sparring partner and rival of Paul these days? Let alone fighting the man himself too in the recent game
my bad, meant to put she but I don't see how she can be a tier 6 tbh

Last edited:
my bad, meant to put she but I don't see how she can be a tier 6 tbh
Tbf Panda canonically has fought against Kuma and was trained by Heihachi, Kuma is the same bear who fought several times against Paul Phoenix who also is so strong that could give a lot of trouble to Kazuya and Heihachi in a fight.

Oh yeah Panda also fought Paul in Tekken 7 iirc.

Tbf Panda canonically has fought against Kuma and was trained by Heihachi, Kuma is the same bear who fought several times against Paul Phoenix who also is so strong that could give a lot of trouble to Kazuya and Heihachi in a fight.

Oh yeah Panda also fought Paul in Tekken 7 iirc.
Theoretically, I guess this argument works

Theoretically, I guess this argument works
Just to bonus point out, that even those kind of gag-like characters are pretty much relevant in Tekken's plot (take for instance the fact that if it wasn't for Roger (a kangaroo with boxing gloves) Jin Kazama would've never existed).

I stumbled across this thread as I was about to create my own specifically on Panda. I see it wasn't just me who was puzzled with these tier ratings, I thought I was missing something when she was given 6B. Should be at most 9A but probably more appropriate to be given 9B
Tier 6 Panda is complete nonsense in my opinion.

There's no way she scales to Jack-6.

Thank you. There is no chance Panda has the ability to destroy a country and realistically which Tekken characters have the durability of a country that Panda could penetrate in a fight?

I didn't get that impression at all from your comment.

I think you mistyped.
You were supposed to get an impression?

No, everything I typed above is indeed happened in Tekken if you don't believe. Panda uses and learnt from Heihachi a fighting style, latter previously already trained 2 Kumas (Grizzly Bears) to do same fighting style. Kuma defeated Paul in a fight.

Paul previously fought Kazuya, fight against whom ended in draw.

Everything in scaling is pretty explicit and clear.

Thank you. There is no chance Panda has the ability to destroy a country and realistically which Tekken characters have the durability of a country that Panda could penetrate in a fight?
Attack Potency does not equals Destructive Capability. We have lots of times/characters who are at certain level and who do not literally destroying stuff.

We even have that stated in AP section.

You were supposed to get an impression?

No, everything I typed above is indeed happened in Tekken if you don't believe. Panda uses and learnt from Heihachi a fighting style, latter previously already trained 2 Kumas (Grizzly Bears) to do same fighting style. Kuma defeated Paul in a fight.

Paul previously fought Kazuya, fight against whom ended in draw.

Everything in scaling is pretty explicit and clear.
Are you saying that Panda does or doesn't scale?

Because I can't tell from your comments.

To make myself sound clear, she does scale as all evidence points out towards scaling rather than against scaling.
Okay.

Now that that's clear I must say that your Tekken scaling is silly.

Why would Tekken 2 Paul scale to Jack-6?

A Jack model that was created over 20 years later.

Unless you believe that Tekken characters don't get significantly stronger over time.

The bears are high tiers, compared to jack 6 which is a mid tier, they scale to him

Dont try to justify tiering when you dont know who scales to who

King (high tier) also fights Jack 7 and possibly Jack 8 from the latest trailer

The bears are high tiers, compared to jack 6 which is a mid tier, they scale to him

Dont try to justify tiering when you dont know who scales to who

King (high tier) also fights Jack 7 and possibly Jack 8 from the latest trailer
Panda is in no way a high tier.

Paul is mid tier as best ever since the writers started treating him like a joke.

Jack-6 definitely scales above Panda.

I agree that King is a high tier because he fought Jack-7 so he definitely gets Tier 6.

Paul pre-Tekken 4 > Paul post-Tekken 4, clear by the fact bears are more of a challenge to his current self unlike his prime that was even with Mishimas at the time
Nonsense.

Paul has gotten stronger with time.

The Mishima's have also gotten stronger.

Tekken 2 Kazuya shouldn't scale to a Jack model made over 20 years later.

Okay.

Now that that's clear I must say that your Tekken scaling is silly.

Why would Tekken 2 Paul scale to Jack-6?

A Jack model that was created over 20 years later.

Unless you believe that Tekken characters don't get significantly stronger over time.
Getting significantly stronger is something that occurs not only to Mishimas/Kazamas. Pretty much everyone in Tekken including Panda herself get stronger as time goes on. And again, thing is not only about Kuma beating Paul and them fighting against each other from time to time, thing is also about the fact that they were directly trained by Heihachi (which already means they sparred with him and that they had to be at least comparable in power to Heihachi to properly train or else Heihachi would've been just stomping them like he does with his childs).

As I can see even you by yourself saying Paul also gets stronger so what's weird about bears becoming stronger?

Panda is in no way a high tier.
Headcanon again when you dont know the verse well enough
Paul is mid tier as best ever since the writers started treating him like a joke.
Paul isnt a mid tier, him being a joke has no relevance, if a joke was suppose to be affecting his capability we wouldnt see him throw hands with Bryan and Feng
Jack-6 definitely scales above Panda.
No it doesnt, jack 6s get one shot by Mishimas, bears fight characters that are scaling to a little degree to them
I agree that King is a high tier because he fought Jack-7 so he definitely gets Tier 6.
King has more then just fighting Jack 7

If I may just interject... There has been, very little evidence for those trying to say that certain character's don't scale/cannot be High Tier

Like... Is it just cause they're Bear's?

I'm no Tekken expert, I blatantly say, but even just looking at this from the standpoint of a normal VSBW member... Providing some actual evidence for why X character simply cannot scale to Y character, when there is at least some form of a defense for that standpoint, could go a long way.

You can say "Jack-6 definitely scales above Panda", sure, but that alone is... Not even a argument and looks more like a mere opinion based on little more than Conjecture.

If I may just interject... There has been, very little evidence for those trying to say that certain character's don't scale/cannot be High Tier

I'm no Tekken expert, I blatantly say, but even just looking at this from the standpoint of a normal VSBW member... Providing some actual evidence for why X character simply cannot scale to Y character, when there is at least some form of a defense for that standpoint, could go a long way.

You can say "Jack-6 definitely scales above Panda", sure, but that alone is... Not even a argument and looks more like a mere opinion based on little more than Conjecture.
Yeah personally again, I haven't found anything saying Bears can't scale when they explicitly do.

If Bears weren't as much of a trouble for Jack robots or others comparable to Jacks then yes but nothing even implies that.

Headcanon again when you dont know the verse well enough

Paul isnt a mid tier, him being a joke has no relevance, if a joke was suppose to be affecting his capability we wouldnt see him throw hands with Bryan and Feng

No it doesnt, jack 6s get one shot by Mishimas, bears fight characters that are scaling to a little degree to them

King has more then just fighting Jack 7
1. Bryan and Feng are mid tiers as well.

2. Who else have the bears fought that justifies them scaling to Jack-6?

I'm not dismissing them because their bears.

I just don't see why they scale to Tier 6.

The fact that Jack-6 has much better feats than the bears should be enough to justify Jack-6 scaling above them.

I'm not dismissing them because their bears.

I just don't see why they scale to Tier 6.

The fact that Jack-6 has much better feats than the bears should be enough to justify Jack-6 scaling above them.
Again, AP doesn't equals destructive capability, this is not Smash Bracket.

Nonsense.

Paul has gotten stronger with time.
Stronger my ass, Paul before tekken 4 had no trouble with Kuma, yet after tekken 4 we are told he loses to him, let alone in a rematch the fight made him too exhausted to continue, meanwhile his prime is counted as a match for Kazuya and technically won the 3rd tournament in the games
The Mishima's have also gotten stronger.
No shit sherlock
Tekken 2 Kazuya shouldn't scale to a Jack model made over 20 years later.
They already scale, whether you like it or not, Jack robots were always fodder to Mishimas and comparable characters, aka high tiers and top tiers scale to then and above respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back