• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Tekken Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going behind their back?

That's sounds pretty extreme dude.

This is a public content revision thread.

Anyone can see it and anyone can comment on it.
"Going behind their back" as in not telling them beforehand that you're planning on making a big revision on the verse, knowing that they're planning on making a big revision on the verse, too.

Yes. It being a public content revision thread means everyone will see it, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

"Going behind their back" as in not telling them beforehand that you're planning on making a big revision on the verse, knowing that they're planning on making a big revision on the verse, too.

Yes. It being a public content revision thread means everyone will see it, but that's not the point I was trying to make.
I wasn't even aware that BlackDarkness was making a massive verse wide revision before today.

I don't why future revisions preclude the idea of current revisions.

Everyone keeps mentioning this as if it's a rule that's written down somewhere.

If BlackDarkness' massive revision has good arguments attached to it then why can't we just revert the stats back when it hypothetically comes to that?

Assuming my proposed revisions go through of course.
Because a new revision makes things a lot harder for a new revision, which have to also take into consideration the new revision. It's not a rule, but if a revision is already planned than trying to rush another one makes things just harder.
From what I can tell, BlackDarkness is one of the most active members in the Tekken community here in Vs Battle wiki, so if they are planning a revision it would be better to let them do it without complicating things.

All of this started from you and your CRT you did, im sick of the same thing to hear from people around on the same stuff on the verse topic or people not doing their research properly
Name one instance in that entire 100+ messages of that CRT where I PERSONALLY agitated you. I started the topic, you started the fire.
I have all the right to call it headcanon, lowball and zero knowledge, you know how a talk should go? With both sides knowing their stuff, not interpreting to their personal opinion and assuming how they please

And given how your CRT went to ridicule me and gang up on me with its people, you have the guts to tell me to be chill?
As a matter of fact, I do know how a talk should go. In a civilised manner, something that you refuse to show a hint of. Also, I don't speak for that entire CRT, look at just the messages only between us, I never once showed any aggression. Nor did I tell anyone to gang up on you, you did that yourself my guy. So yes I have the guts to tell you to sit down and take a breather, cuz you resolved nothing by keeping up that attitude.

???

How does it even remotely feel like I want to make an exception. We give an extra rating to specific attacks to plenty of characters if it's above their normal output, quick example being GT Goku who gets an "even higher" rating in his striking strength for one specific punch he can do. Jack-6 fails to do anything with normal punches, takes a few seconds to try some full thrust super punch that instantly shatter the asteroid. It absolutely counts as striking strength but since he needed to thrust at full speed with his jetpack and the impact also shattered his arm it would only count as striking strength for that one attack. It doesn't contradict our standards on striking strength since he, y'know, did the feat by physically ramming into the asteroid, he'd just need it listed as separate from his normal strikes.
Your GT Goku example makes sense.

I guess "Higher with Super jetpack punch" or something like that isn't the end of the world.

You agreed with my other revisions so I'll add you to the list.

Name one instance in that entire 100+ messages of that CRT where I PERSONALLY agitated you. I started the topic, you started the fire.

As a matter of fact, I do know how a talk should go. In a civilised manner, something that you refuse to show a hint of. Also, I don't speak for that entire CRT, look at just the messages only between us, I never once showed any aggression. Nor did I tell anyone to gang up on you, you did that yourself my guy. So yes I have the guts to tell you to sit down and take a breather, cuz you resolved nothing by keeping up that attitude.
1. Yes. You were arguably the least toxic person on that previous thread.
2. Yes. This should be discussed in a civilized manner.
3. But no. People were ganging up on Darkness from the start. I thought this was already discussed.

Because a new revision makes things a lot harder for a new revision, which have to also take into consideration the new revision. It's not a rule, but if a revision is already planned than trying to rush another one makes things just harder.
From what I can tell, BlackDarkness is one of the most active members in the Tekken community here in Vs Battle wiki, so if they are planning a revision it would be better to let them do it without complicating things.
I suppose this is reasonable.

It doesn't seem like anything will be resolved in this thread at any rate.

Okay, jeez I missed alot. Let me get voice my opinions real quick.

1. In regards to Jack's meteor feat the final hit that actually destroyed it is really all that matters. We have no reason to assume those previous punches did anywhere near the same amount of damage as the one that literally destroyed both Jack's arms. However if you insist the we can simply divide it by 14, the amount of punches we see it takes to destroy it, which would yield low tier 6 or tier 7 respectively, or we can just ignore it.

2. Lifting strength. All these instances are the characters "Struggling" in the same capacity that superman grunts when lifting cars or Thor struggling when lifting a large rock in Love and Thunder. Fiction tends to do this to make it interesting and more dramatic and I don't think it should be used to downgrade a character especially considering class K isn't that much of an upscale unlike Jack's meteor feat. Also to add credence to this Bryan Fury, who based on a quick google search of strongest Tekken characters seems to be a mid tier, ripping off a tank turret yields Class 100 LS, so upscaling to Class K based on a semi-canon film seems perfectly OK in this case.

3. I agree with the devil gene multiplier not being usable, it's to vague of a statement

1. Yes. You were arguably the least toxic person on that previous thread.
2. Yes. This should be discussed in a civilized manner.
3. But no. People were ganging up on Darkness from the start. I thought this was already discussed.
If it was something that was discussed between the staff, then I might've not seen it. My main point here is that Darkness accuses me of being the cause of him being ganged on.

Okay, jeez I missed alot. Let me get voice my opinions real quick.

1. In regards to Jack's meteor feat the final hit that actually destroyed it is really all that matters. We have no reason to assume those previous punches did anywhere near the same amount of damage as the one that literally destroyed both Jack's arms. However if you insist the we can simply divide it by 14, the amount of punches we see it takes to destroy it, which would yield low tier 6 or tier 7 respectively, or we can just ignore it.

2. Lifting strength. All these instances are the characters "Struggling" in the same capacity that superman grunts when lifting cars or Thor struggling when lifting a large rock in Love and Thunder. Fiction tends to do this to make it interesting and more dramatic and I don't think it should be used to downgrade a character especially considering class K isn't that much of an upscale unlike Jack's meteor feat. Also to add credence to this Bryan Fury, who based on a quick google search of strongest Tekken characters seems to be a mid tier, ripping off a tank turret yields Class 100 LS, so upscaling to Class K based on a semi-canon film seems perfectly OK in this case.

3. I agree with the devil gene multiplier not being usable, it's to vague of a statements
.1. I'm fine with just ignoring the feat.

2. Using a meta reason to discount characters struggling with less weight seems like a copout to me.

VBS doesn't do this with any other verses on the site to my knowledge.

Why don't we just scale the characters to Class 100 like I proposed in my thread?

Even if Bryan's turret feat is Class 100 (56 tons according to your link) it still conflicts with Panda's solid Class K feat.

3. Glad we agree.

I suppose this is reasonable.

It doesn't seem like anything will be resolved in this thread at any rate.
I thank you for being understanding.
Considering that the 6-C calc wasn't accepted, a staff member disagrees with the CRT and another bigger revision is in the work, I suggest for this CRT to be closed before things escalates any further.
But if anyone wants to still discuss it, please be civil, and keep in mind that BlackDarkness already has a revision in the work for the verse, so it would be better to not make CRTs for a bit. Or at least, if you want to make it, discuss it with the Tekken community in the Tekken Discussion Thread to prevent conflitting revision.

2. Using a meta reason to discount characters struggling with less weight seems like a copout to me.

VBS doesn't do this with any other verses on the site to my knowledge.

Why don't we just scale the characters to Class 100 like I proposed in my thread?

Even if Bryan's turret feat is Class 100 (56 tons according to your link) it still conflicts with Panda's solid Class K feat.
We absolutely DO do this for other verses I can name 100 right of the bat if you want me to, if we applied this logic to every character on the wiki then half of them wouldn't make it out of Class 1. Superman does this, Invincible does this, MCU does this, along with about a million other verses.
We have a class 100 feat from a mid tier character and a class k from a semi-canon film that's not to much of an upscale. It's absolutely usable in this situation.
Not to mention Raven flipping Nancy which is class 100 AT LEAST.

I thank you for being understanding.
Considering that the 6-C calc wasn't accepted, a staff member disagrees with the CRT and another bigger revision is in the work, I suggest for this CRT to be closed before things escalates any further.
But if anyone wants to still discuss it, please be civil, and keep in mind that BlackDarkness already has a revision in the work for the verse, so it would be better to not make CRTs for a bit. Or at least, if you want to make it, discuss it with the Tekken community in the Tekken Discussion Thread to prevent conflitting revision.
Okay.

Close this thread if you can.

We absolutely DO do this for other verses I can name 100 right of the bat if you want me to, if we applied this logic to every character on the wiki then half of them wouldn't make it out of Class 1. Superman does this, Invincible does this, MCU does this, along with about a million other verses.
We have a class 100 feat from a mid tier character and a class k from a semi-canon film that's not to much of an upscale. It's absolutely usable in this situation.
Not to mention Raven flipping Nancy which is class 100 AT LEAST.
I don't see what's the problem with just making the characters Class 100 instead of Class K.

It's more consistent based off of feats.

Every estimate for Raven's feat that I've seen has put it at Class 50 at best.

Unless you have a calc I haven't seen yet.

I don't see what's the problem with just making the characters Class 100 instead of Class K.

It's more consistent based off of feats.

Every estimate for Raven's feat that I've seen has put it at Class 50 at best.

Unless you have a calc I haven't seen yet.
I've done a few calc with steel density before and in my experience it's about double what you expect it to be.
Example being the M1 Abrams which is 68 tons alone
And this is also not counting that he did technically throw her which would require even more LS

I've done a few calc with steel density before and in my experience it's about double what you expect it to be.
Example being the M1 Abrams which is 68 tons alone
And this is also not counting that he did technically throw her which would require even more LS
I'll take your word for it then.

So 2 characters with Class 100 feats who scale higher on the food chain than Panda both struggled with considerably less weight than her.

I still think Class 100 makes the most sense.

Additionally, Jinpachi's boulder feat is most likely Class 100 as well.

First, I understand that it would be best to wait if a much bigger revision is on the way, but at the same time, nothing really forbids other revisions to be made before. Doing CRTs is a right to every user, and unless both parties come to an agreement out of politeness or shared views, we can't outright close a thread for this reason alone.

I also invite everyone, but especially you BlackDarkness, my friend, to keep a respectful tone. I know how some things can go under the skin at times, but heating up doesn't serve any cause, it pushes your arguments backwards and shows you under a bad light.

Now, I want to address the op and some more arguments myself.

AP, STRIKING STRENGTH & DURABILITY DOWNGRADES
I'll personally contact some calc members to see what they think, but in the meanwhile, I'll share some thoughts.
Whether or not we should just consider the actual destruction or the proper countering of the meteor's KE, will be left to the calc members' judgement.

I agree that the flurry of punches shouldn't be considered as a diminisher, as they only chip off some fringes out of the meteor. From my perspective, Jack attempts first to halt the course of the meteor with an initial tackle, which fails. Then proceeds to try and destroy it, but seeing as little effective it is, it goes for the only remaining choice, i.e. thrusting at it with its full power, and only then we see the formation of cracks and the ultimate destruction of the meteor.

I agree that it shouldn't be considered his standard output of energy, otherwise he wouldn't have needed a special attack, which was also helped by his thrusters.
So, Jack itself and all the characters who scale to it under normal standards (such as battling it), could perfectly scale to the second highest feat available to them.

Still, the feat could scale to upper tiers too, and not only to Jack-6's maximum output through its super charge. In Tekken 7, we see base Heihachi and Akuma curbstomping a whole squad of Jack-6's, meaning their AP could overall scale above their durability, which caps at whatever the meteor feat gives.
However, I do admit we don't see the Jack-6 being outright shattered, like it happened with Jack-4s before.

Additionally, Jack-6's feat is a massive outlier.
Not even Tekken's top tier characters have feats in the 6-C range.
As others have said, this isn't a reason to forbid scaling, unless the highest feat is outright contradicted in relevant instances.

So with all of that being said Azazel and Jinpachi's "world destroying" statements no longer have any feats to support them so I believe it's best to scale the top tiers to the next best feats that have calcs attached to them.
It's not a secret I've never really been sold on those statements, but I believe they should be evaluated on their own, as they are already just a possibly.

Demon Jinpachi's feat is most likely environmental destruction and Devil Kazuya's 7-A feat has an unknown time frame: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:BlackDarkness679/Tekken:_Jinpachi_Storm
I do admit Demon Jinpachi's feat could cause some troubles.
On one hand, we have the storm unfolding the moment he powers up, and cease to exist once he dies, but on the other hand it's difficult to tell a clear connection between it and his power level.
Maybe we should judge it through our Stabilization Feats rules, and try to dive in a little more into the lore, to see if we missed some mechanism of sort.
AP & SPEED DOWNGRADE
I'll leave Kazumi's ratings for another time, as it doesn't seem a really pressing matter, and this CRT already tackles a lot.

LIFTING STRENGTH DOWNGRADES
First, I can't find a calc for Panda's feat, so at most it should be redone and kept up to current standards.
Also, I don't think grunts and such are examples of struggle. We do babble sounds even while lifting or exerting outputs of force that are well within our capabilities, and at the same time they are used to give color to the scene, instead of just having the characters stand speechless.

To say a character struggles to perform something, I think they should be properly shown as tired or in difficulty.
Also, having several Class 50/100 feats and one K, isn't that much of a leap, as others said.

BONUS: DEVIL GENE MULTIPLIER REVISION
This is also kinda weird, I must say, and I actually never noticed it.

By words alone, cellular compounds aren't exactly the same as pure strength, but at the same time the context seems to refer to its power, as they aren't dissecting the devil gene on a scientific manner, just commenting on it. More than outright scrap it, I believe we could at the very least use it as a "likely" rating.

I think it would be best to use strict canon in regards to fighting game verses but other members of the community disagree for whatever reason.
I disagree with this.
Fighting games endings, just like what ifs from other media, should still be considered as things that could have happened, unless contradicted by canon events.
About Feng's ending, more than it being canon or not, I guess we should focus on the fact that he performs the feat after seemingly being empowered by Jinpachi's scroll, although I lack knowledge on the item itself.

Jack-6's Asteroid Feat

I will not comment about which version its more accurate, however i will say this:

Jack-6 couldn't stop the asteroid's momentum, so he definitely doesn't scale to its KE, while it was also clear that he didn't destroy the asteroid with multiple punches as it wasn't damage by that, and it was the full final charge of Jack-6 which actually destroy it.

But it also show that Jack-6's has to destroy his body to perform this feat, meaning he only downscale along with other mid tiers, with only high-top tiers should logically scale above It (like Heihachi and Kazuya since they can oneshots the same model of Jack).

Demon Jinpachi's feat

I don't see reason why this feat should be consider ED, the storm was clearly created directly as consequence of Jinpachi transformation, and we know Tekken had UES with Chi which most characters use for their attacks.

Also its consistent with the verse with Kazuya's feats of busting the temple (and awakening a volcano in his clash with Akuma), Feng Wei's mountain busting statement and scaling from Gun Jack's laser feat (which can be apply to even mid tiers).

Last edited:
First, I understand that it would be best to wait if a much bigger revision is on the way, but at the same time, nothing really forbids other revisions to be made before. Doing CRTs is a right to every user, and unless both parties come to an agreement out of politeness or shared views, we can't outright close a thread for this reason alone.

I also invite everyone, but especially you BlackDarkness, my friend, to keep a respectful tone. I know how some things can go under the skin at times, but heating up doesn't serve any cause, it pushes your arguments backwards and shows you under a bad light.

Now, I want to address the op and some more arguments myself.

I'll personally contact some calc members to see what they think, but in the meanwhile, I'll share some thoughts.
Whether or not we should just consider the actual destruction or the proper countering of the meteor's KE, will be left to the calc members' judgement.

I agree that the flurry of punches shouldn't be considered as a diminisher, as they only chip off some fringes out of the meteor. From my perspective, Jack attempts first to halt the course of the meteor with an initial tackle, which fails. Then proceeds to try and destroy it, but seeing as little effective it is, it goes for the only remaining choice, i.e. thrusting at it with its full power, and only then we see the formation of cracks and the ultimate destruction of the meteor.

I agree that it shouldn't be considered his standard output of energy, otherwise he wouldn't have needed a special attack, which was also helped by his thrusters.
So, Jack itself and all the characters who scale to it under normal standards (such as battling it), could perfectly scale to the second highest feat available to them.

Still, the feat could scale to upper tiers too, and not only to Jack-6's maximum output through its super charge. In Tekken 7, we see base Heihachi and Akuma curbstomping a whole squad of Jack-6's, meaning their AP could overall scale above their durability, which caps at whatever the meteor feat gives.
However, I do admit we don't see the Jack-6 being outright shattered, like it happened with Jack-4s before.

As others have said, this isn't a reason to forbid scaling, unless the highest feat is outright contradicted in relevant instances.

It's not a secret I've never really been sold on those statements, but I believe they should be evaluated on their own, as they are already just a possibly.

On one hand, we have the storm unfolding the moment he powers up, and cease to exist once he dies, but on the other hand it's difficult to tell a clear connection between it and his power level.
Maybe we should judge it through our Stabilization Feats rules, and try to dive in a little more into the lore, to see if we missed some mechanism of sort.

I'll leave Kazumi's ratings for another time, as it doesn't seem a really pressing matter, and this CRT already tackles a lot.

First, I can't find a calc for Panda's feat, so at most it should be redone and kept up to current standards.
Also, I don't think grunts and such are examples of struggle. We do babble sounds even while lifting or exerting outputs of force that are well within our capabilities, and at the same time they are used to give color to the scene, instead of just having the characters stand speechless.

To say a character struggles to perform something, I think they should be properly shown as tired or in difficulty.
Also, having several Class 50/100 feats and one K, isn't that much of a leap, as others said.

This is also kinda weird, I must say, and I actually never noticed it.

By words alone, cellular compounds aren't exactly the same as pure strength, but at the same time the context seems to refer to its power, as they aren't dissecting the devil gene on a scientific manner, just commenting on it. More than outright scrap it, I believe we could at the very least use it as a "likely" rating.

I disagree with this.
Fighting games endings, just like what ifs from other media, should still be considered as things that could have happened, unless contradicted by canon events.
About Feng's ending, more than it being canon or not, I guess we should focus on the fact that he performs the feat after seemingly being empowered by Jinpachi's scroll, although I lack knowledge on the item itself.
Huh.

Based on what I've read here it seems like you're about 50/50 on this thread.

Jack-6's Asteroid Feat

I will not comment about which versio its more accurate, however i will say this:
Jack-6 couldn't stop the asteroid's momentum, so he definitely doesn't scale to its KE, while it was also clear that he didn't destroy the asteroid with multiple punches as it wasn't damage by that, and it was the full final charge of Jack-6 which actually destroy it.
But it also show that Jack-6's has to destroy his body to perform this feat, meaning he only downscale along with other mid tiers, with only high-top tiers should logically scale above It (like Heihachi and Kazuya since they can oneshots the same model of Jack).

Demon Jinpachi's feat

I don't see reason why this feat should be consider ED, the storm was clearly created directly as consequence of Jinpachi transformation, and we know Tekken had UES with Chi which most characters use for their attacks.
Also its consistent with the verse with Kazuya's feats of busting the temple (and awakening a volcano in his clash with Akuma), Feng Wei's mountain busting statement and scaling from Gun Jack's laser feat (which can be apply to even mid tiers).
What is UES?

Was asked to comment here, IMO it'd be better to use 6-C for the Jack-6 feat, he wouldn't absorb the entirety of the KE since he's human-sized and he didn't halt the momentum of the meteor (it still falls on Earth in a very quick timeframe after being destroyed), so the 6-B stuff would probably not find its way to him.

Its far better to be done in better format, more details and all that rathen then with this and have more work due to it later, no point in doing one thing separately when its getting tackled along much more concerning around that
The KE last time is what concerns us and makes more sense in this case, especially with the scaling in mind that goes between mid tiers to high tiers to top tiers, only argument against it was that the meteor exploding and launching pieces which have no relevance to the meteor own movement
I would rather count it as at most [insert feat], also cuz of the scaling of the verse above mentioned to talk of in the future and other info that suggest tier 6 around that as support
More or less what i said above basically
Tbf tekken 5 opening was full on cinematic, similar with how the others look and are like too, tekken 7 especially when it transitions from that opening to the fight is clearly more in game cutscene and its visibly seen different and i think devs couldnt bother to develop 3d models that get busted like jack 4s in the full cinematic thing, tekken 7 re-used a lot of past assets, even in story its evident with many scenes
That will be went over a bit in the future
Honestly, i see no need to go over it imo or stress much to it, it happens from a physical transformation and storm relies on that, he generates it, simply as that

Let alone the verse has ki as universal energy system for all characters, he is manifesting it through the form all time and later games we see him use ki specifically for something
Same as above basically

As i said in previous comments, when i did the CRT for lifting i asked in regards to the class K if its ok or if there was a better option, you were present there too that time, it was given an ok on that
By words alone, cellular compounds aren't exactly the same as pure strength, but at the same time the context seems to refer to its power, as they aren't dissecting the devil gene on a scientific manner, just commenting on it.
As said earlier in the comments about it, when they talk of the form they also show the stats difference it has in comparison, it makes a top tier look fodder in 1vs1 and a mid tier gets split in half from a simple casual step

The tekken anime also points it out how the devil gene itself increases one power and further tells us to that regard, even regular forms in games are shown that you need to amp yourself in order to stand up on a more even ground to them
Tekken 6 shows us Feng got the scroll he was looking for previous game without meeting Jinpachi, also it didnt amp him with anything either, only told him he gotta destroy other styles to reach his goal, so his feats are done under his own power, then reliance on outside sources
Jack-6's Asteroid Feat

I will not comment about which versio its more accurate, however i will say this:
Went over the meteor several times so will just point to the above on Saman and previous comments to not repeat
Demon Jinpachi's feat

Pretty much like i said universal energy system exists, cuz the verse uses ki with all characters
Also its consistent with the verse with Kazuya's feats of busting the temple (and awakening a volcano in his clash with Akuma)
The ending says the area is vanished as well, so not just the temple, which scales vastly over the pile of Jack 4s going kamikaze on Heihachi too
Feng Wei's mountain busting statement
Its shown on screen, not really stated or anything
and scaling from Gun Jack's laser feat (which can be apply to even mid tiers).
That feat needs a recalc since it not accounting the location of the feat happening, i asked for one somewhere else and is bigger then the value on vs wiki

Also talked about in regards to mid tiers above, gun jack feat is from a far too weak model that many of the cast surpassed to be relevant to them, plus its way too low, only fitting characters comparable to them at the time

Was asked to comment here, IMO it'd be better to use 6-C for the Jack-6 feat, he wouldn't absorb the entirety of the KE since he's human-sized and he didn't halt the momentum of the meteor (it still falls on Earth in a very quick timeframe after being destroyed), so the 6-B stuff would probably not find its way to him.
The explosion of the meteor has no relevance to the KE, why its assumed something that blows up which will obviously launch its remains away from its point has anything to do with the KE of the object itself

If you stop a moving object and it blows up after the impact, why would the explosion remotely count as KE not overpowered, they are 2 different things

Right.

I've heard several people tell me that Tekken characters use chi as an energy source but I've never seen a source for that claim.

Do you have one?
Thats common knowledge to about any martial art verse, are you serious?

This is why im not trusting to you to revise anything, you have no idea regarding many vs terms in fiction, let alone the series in question, you arent fit to do it properly

Thats common knowledge to about any martial art verse, are you serious?

This is why im not trusting to you to revise anything, you have no idea regarding many vs terms in fiction, let alone the series in question, you arent fit to do it properly
I don't think it's reasonable to assume that Tekken characters use chi just because it's a martial arts verse.

This seems like the sort of thing you need some form of evidence to substantiate.

It is very reasonable and we seen them both in game and cinematics using ki since the 1st game

You asking for the obvious here for no reaaon other then you having no idea of these, yet you tell people you are knowledgable, next you tell me that a wizard needs scans they use magic for spells

Again asssuming on no basis as always, idk why i even bother with a newbie that clearly has no idea on topics that are beyond him clearly

EDIT: And thats why i suggested from the start the closure of this thread, similar threads from people on other verses are closed or rejected due to users not knowing how things work in here and not even wanting to understand it when explained

Let alone the wrongs in all these comments, purely by personal opinion and using faulty comments of others based, no actual explanation or awareness of the topic in question from the series itself, why this needs to be an exception here

A rushed change to the profiles only to be again changed in the future, without proper explaination as to why in the 1st place, pointless additional work that can be solved all at once instead at the right time, if it was something minor thats a different matter, but not something that affects majority of the verse

Last edited:
Burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise, not me to prove the obvious, learn how things are going here

Dragon ball use ki, naruto uses chakra, fist of the north star uses ki/toki, street fighter uses ki, even mortal kombat has ki characters that its used by those mainly about martial arts focus instead of magic

The explosion of the meteor has no relevance to the KE, why its assumed something that blows up which will obviously launch its remains away from its point has anything to do with the KE of the object itself

If you stop a moving object and it blows up after the impact, why would the explosion remotely count as KE not overpowered, they are 2 different things
Ok but like, why are you even assuming he did stop it, it's not like you can see it slowing down

Burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise, not me to prove the obvious, learn how things are going here

Dragon ball use ki, naruto uses chakra, fist of the north star uses ki/toki, street fighter uses ki, even mortal kombat has ki characters that its used by those mainly about martial arts focus instead of magic
Actually, I just looked at the Fallacies page and the Burden of Proof is on you since he asked you to prove chi was a thing in Tekken.

3. Burden of proof fallacy

This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim.

Example:

"Goku is faster than light speed because you can't prove he's not!"

In this case, the person in the example makes a claim (Goku is FTL), and without providing evidence for it himself, he asks his opponent to prove him wrong. In reality, the person who made that claim would be the one required to prove it.

Concerning UES, there is a mechanic called Ki charge where the characters amp themselves to deal more damage and have counter hit mechanic. This is canoncially a thing because Heihachi used Ki charge in response to True Devil Kazuya's transformation. And this isn't exclusive to Heihachi since everyone channels their ki before using their unblockeable Move.

So yes. They use Ki even if its poorly mentioned.
(Also Kazuya realised Lars was his brother based on the similarities of their lightning ki)

Edit: You can customize Ki and Aura since Tekken 6 and the same auras are shown here

So BlackDarkness is right on that one.

Last edited:
While BlackDarkness has been just a tad more aggressive than I would agree with, they make many more valid points than those on the side of Downgrading, and seem to show a higher level of understanding of the verse. Even though I have little knowledge on Tekken outside of it being a fun fighting game, I find it clear that these downgrade's aren't something that should go through.

I'm not the one who made the initial claim so the burden isn't on me.

Dragon Ball, Naruto and Street Fighter all have direct statements for their power systems.

I don't know about Mortal Kombat or FOTNS.

Oof.

I guess I was wrong about this.

Direct evidence has been provided that Tekken characters use chi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back