• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Persona Almost-Verse-Wide Revisions

Oh, I'm going to hate myself after this.

That time has come, everyone. And by "that time", I mean that my patience has run out. This won't include any potential changes to Personas 1 and 2, due to my own lacking of knowledge, but whatever. If there's anything I missed or overlooked, then so be it, but upcoming cosmology blog or not, I'm just going to do it myself.

Sit tight, because this is gonna be a big one.

Edit: I now have a blog post dedicated to rough Persona templates that can be used as reference. (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...dard_Profile_Templates_for_Persona_Characters)

GENERAL CHANGES
To start off, I'm going to list every change that affects more than one installment of the Persona series. Essentially, these are going to be the stuff that should be on every profile relevant to the change. Though naturally, because the Persona 5 profiles are mostly up-to-date and some of my previous CRTs have made it onto the older profiles, some of the changes listed here will have already been applied to some profiles before the time of this posting. Keyword "some", that is, not all.

Now, regarding Persona-users:

• Persona-users should get Magic, Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction, as well as Resistance to Mind and Soul Manipulation due to the nature of their powers. Magic is self-explanatory, and Soul Manipulation as well as Non-Physical Interaction will make sense as soon as I get to explaining the Shadows. Resistance to Mind and Soul Manipulation is needed because otherwise, they'd be one-shot by their own moves.
  • Edit: All Persona-users should have Empowerment (via willpower), while all the Wild Cards' will be noted to be to a far higher scale than other Persona-users.
  • All Persona-users, Shadows, Gods, Demons and Cognitions should also have a base resistance to every non-special status ailment in their respective games (or even all of them collectively), as the chance-based affliction is representative of the target's resistance v.s. the potency of the ailment being cast. This also applies to resisting Death Manipulation.
  • All Persona-users should be noted to be capable of covering their elemental weaknesses and become effectively immune to all non-special ailments by guarding.
  • All Personas (not their users) and Shadows should possess Abstract Existence (Type 1) and Non-Corporeality. Personas additionally should have Flight and Immortality (Type 8, reliant on their user's mind/soul).
Now this is where it gets tricky.

Regarding Almighty Damage:

• Almighty should only bypass Resistance to Magic, Elemental Manipulation (what Persona considers Elements at least), Status Effect Inducement (and its relevant derivatives), and Soul Manipulation, but not Soul Damage. This is an important distinction, as Persona-users and other enemy creatures all possess Resistance to Soul Manipulation, but if Almighty bypassed resistance to Soul Damage, it would be a one-shot on whoever it was used on. That is obviously not the case in any games. That way, spells like "Spirit Leech" and "Life Drain" still bypass resistances to Soul Manipulation and Absorption, but Megido doesn't suddenly one-shot Yaldabaoth.
  • If there are less complicated interpretations of the above, I'd gladly take it, but this is the best I can do for now.
  • Edit: So I managed to find a much simpler interpretation. That is, Almighty must get through the target's physical durability before it can affect the soul. Since the soul is inside the target's body and Almighty attacks still affect the physical 'shell' surrounding it, it can be that Almighty has to break the physical shell before it can damage the soul that's inside. That way, since "Spirit Leech" and "Life Drain" bypass durability due to their nature, they can directly affect the target's soul and negate its resistance to Soul Manipulation.
Now to address the long-neglected predecessors of the now much more popular Phantom Thieves. I'll be going through these game by game for simplicity's sake.

PERSONA 3
Concerning Powers & Abilities:

• Makoto Yuki with the Universe Arcana should have Empowerment of Durability through Willpower via tanking otherwise fatal attacks from True Nyx several times before his Social Links could give him enough strength to use the Great Seal.
  • Junpei should have Regenerationn (Mid-Low) via Spring of Life.
Concerning Attack Potency & Scaling:

• Late-game Makoto Yuki should scale to Elizabeth due to fighting her before New Game+ in Persona 3 Portable. I love how straight-forward this is.
  • Nyx Avatar would thus scale to Makoto Yuki needing the rest of SEES to defeat.
  • End-game SEES would scale to assisting in the fight with Nyx Avatar.
  • Erebus would scale to fighting SEES.
  • True Nyx would scale to one-shotting Makoto Yuki with the Universe Arcana several times before his Social Links could help him have enough strength to use the Great Seal.
Concerning Missing Profiles:

• Yukari, Ken, Shinjiro, Fuuka, Akihiko, True Nyx and Metis all haven't had their profiles made. Whoever wants to make them, first come first serve. Except True Nyx, which is being handled by DarkGrath.
Concerning Others:

• Evokers should be listed under Standard Equipment.
PERSONA 4

• The Investigation Team should have Resistance to Perception Manipulation when wearing their Team Glasses. Teddie would have this passively due to his eye lenses, and Yu Narukami with Izanagi-no-Okami would have it even without the glasses.
  • Yu Narukami with Izanagi-no-Okami should have Empowerment of Durability through Willpower for tanking several one-shots from Izanami-no-Okami.
  • Yu Narukami should have Resistance to BFR via resisting Izanami-no-Okami's Thousand Curses.

• Izanami scales to defeating the end-game Investigation Team.
  • Izanami-no-Okami scales to one-shotting Yu Narukami with Izanagi-no-Okami several times before Yu decided to snap out of it and use Myriad Truths to one-shot her back.

• Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Marie and Izanami all haven't had their profiles made. Whoever wants to make them, first come first serve. Except for Yukiko. Shozo Irie's making that, last I checked.
Concerning Others:

• Team Glasses should be listed under Standard Equipment.
PERSONA 4 ARENA & ULTIMAX

• The end-game Investigation Team scales to fighting relatively evenly with the Shadow Operatives, who were noted to be stronger than they were than at the end of Persona 3.
  • Sho Minazuki scales to fighting evenly with the Shadow Operatives.
  • Hi-no-Kagutsuchi scales to easily defeating the Shadow Operatives at the start of Ultimax.
  • Yu Narukami and Tohru Adachi scale to defeating Hi-no-Kagutsuchi in a joint effort.
  • Labrys scales to defeating Hi-no-Kagutsuchi by herself in the alternate ending.

• Labrys should get Thread Manipulation with her Weaver's Arts.
  • Akihiko should have Pocket Reality Manipulation and possibly Reality Warping based on his Instant Kill, which creates a false Earth and a dimension containing at least 8 galaxies. The former is shown in the animation, and the latter is because this would be completely nonsensical feat if it weren't for Morgana in P5 showing that Cognition is present everywhere and affects everything, and Yaldabaoth showing us that Cognition is basically Reality Warping. Hot damn Aki...
  • Akihiko should get Limited Flight using Electricity as shown here.
  • Naoto's Half-trigger Megido should be noted as a trap.
  • Teddie (once his profile is created) should have Creation (via creating TVs out of nothing), Teleportation (via warping between TV screens as shown in his P4 Arena combos), Explosion Manipulation (can detonate his Persona and his Persona's missiles), BFR (via throwing people into the TVs he makes to warp them somewhere else), as well as all the standard abilities for Shadows and Persona-users.
  • Chie gets Water Manipulation via her Instant Kill, which features summoning a water dragon. This may or may not be a variant of the Bufu spells, which are Chie's only elemental spells. If they are, this would equalize Post-P2 Ice attacks with Water attacks and add another item to the Omnipotent Orb's growing list of immunities.

• Hi-no-Kagutsuchi hasn't had his profile made.
Concerning Others:

• Aigis' standard equipment consists of full-auto fire from her fingertips, light machine guns, rocket punches, drills, grenades, a pile driver, gatling-type machine guns, heavy machine guns, sticky bombs, RPGs, cannons, mortars and missile launchers.
  • Naoto should have an SMG and pump-action shotgun (that apparently doesn't need to be pumped) as part of her standard equipment in P4AU, as they're part of her combos. It should be noted that the revolver used in her Instant Kill, "Judge of Hell", should be stronger than either of the aforementioned weapons, and that she has stronger guns available based on the attainable weapons in Persona 4 Golden.
PERSONA 5
Concerning Abilities:

• All of the Phantom Thieves should be noted to be Resistant to Time Stop due to being unaffected by every instance in which the Metaverse had stopped time during the game, such as here.
  • All of the Phantom Thieves' resistances to Reality Warping should be noted to come from their Phantom Suits, which are formed by their rebellious willpower.
  • All of the end-game Phantom Thieves should resist all of Yaldabaoth's hax abilities, due to Yaldabaoth not outhaxing them during their rematch. This can be explained by remembering the above fact that the Phantom Thieves' Suits - formed from their will of rebellion - protect them from cognitive distortions (i.e. reality warping, the basis of all of Yaldy's hax). So the reason the PTs were affected in Round 1 could easily be because their willpower wasn't strong enough. As such, when Ren initiated the jailbreak prior to entering the Qlipoth World and renewed their respective wills to rebel, their willpower grew strong enough to resist Yaldy's reality warping.
    Edit: The resulting resistances are to the following hax:
    • Pocket Reality Manipulation
    • Existence Erasure
    • BFR
    • Fusionism
    • Power Nullification
    • Matter Manipulation
    • Conceptual Manipulation
    • Spatial Manipulation
    • Sealing
Concerning Others:

• All of the Phantom Thieves should have their Phantom Suits listed as part of their Standard Equipment.
RESULTING AP SCALING CHAINS
(note that these are rough estimates only)

(edited)

Persona 5: Satanael Joker >>>>> God of Control >>> Post-Qlipoth Phantom Thieves > Holy Grail >> Lavenza >/= Caroline and Justine >> Pre-Qlipoth Joker and Phantom Thieves > Baseline Low 2-C.

Persona 3: True Nyx >>>>> Makoto Yuki w/ The Universe >= Nyx Avatar >> End-Game SEES = Erebus = Late-Game Makoto Yuki >/= P3 Elizabeth = Lavenza >>> Pre-Qlipoth Joker and Phantom Thieves > Baseline Low 2-C.

Persona 4 Arena: P4A Elizabeth >>> End-Game Investigation Team = Shadow Operatives > End-Game SEES >/= P3 Elizabeth = Lavenza >>> Pre-Qlipoth Joker and Phantom Thieves > Baseline Low 2-C.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Post-Ultimax Labrys > Hi-no-Kagutsuchi > Post-Ultimax Yu Narukami = Post-Ultimax Tohru Adachi > Sho Minazuki = End-Game Investigation Team = Shadow Operatives > End-Game SEES >/= P3 Elizabeth = Lavenza >>> Pre-Qlipoth Joker and Phantom Thieves > Baseline Low 2-C.

Persona 4: Yu Narukami w/ Izanagi-no-Okami >> Izanami-no-Okami > Izanami = Margaret > End-Game Investigation Team = Shadow Operatives > End-Game SEES >/= P3 Elizabeth = Lavenza >>> Pre-Qlipoth Joker and Phantom Thieves > Baseline Low 2-C.

FINALLY

I've been waiting for something like this from you or someone else for a while.

Admittedly, I haven't played the Arena games, so I can't say anything for sure on those. Still, they look reasonable.

I'd say I agree with everything else though.

Can you link the fight between makoto and elizabeth before p3p?

It feels kinda weird to put erebus so high when there was a statement of him destroying mountains, but i guess it could work

and frankly all persona users should have resistance to time manipulation due to the dark hour not affecting them

Dark warrior 100 said:
Can you link the fight between makoto and elizabeth before p3p?
I can link it, but it won't be any different from the NG+ fight in P3Fes. It's just like fighting the Reaper before NG+ in Golden when it was NG+-exclusive in the OG P4. Elizabeth's final request (fighting her) just unlocks in the first playthrough.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Rip Tatsuya, Maya and Naoya
Naoya is now officially the weakest Persona protagonist despite being the closest to mainline SMT. How ironic.

He'll probably be upgraded whenever someone more knowledgeable than me on P1 and P2 comes along and makes a CRT on it.

someday, Persona will be as strong as SMT. I'm telling ya

I can link it, but it won't be any different from the NG+ fight in P3Fes. It's just like fighting the Reaper before NG+ in Golden when it was NG+-exclusive in the OG P4. Elizabeth's final request (fighting her) just unlocks in the first playthrough.

No problem, i just want to see it

By the way, would it at all be worth mentioning the point about Nyx creating the Collective Unconscious in this CRT? It's pretty inconsequential alongside the feats we already have, admittedly, but as far as I can see through scaling it seems like the feat of Nyx creating the Collective Unconscious matches almost perfectly. It might just be worth mentioning to fortify the evidence.

Important note to those who've already responded!

I've actually found a much simpler explanation on the topic of Almighty, so please re-read before making your agreements.

Isn't Sera still on break from the wiki?

Thank you for clarifying, Solacis. :D

Are there any people in particular who would need to evaluate this CRT for it to be accepted/rejected conclusively?

Thanks. I think I will wait until after Sera's break.

And... How do we know the effort of Elizabeth (Persona) put on fighting Makoto? And the effort of Nyx Avatar and Erebus fighting end game P3 SEES?

Do we even have early game key phases for P3 SEES?

(Like if the mountain feat is too vague to be considered a feat, what about the time Mitsuru Kirijo working with another Persona user Yukari Takeba on freezing up Arcana Hanged Man (estimated 60 kilotons of TNT).)

Well, for one. SEES actually beat Erebus and Nyx Avatar. And for another, they scale to SEES. That's their upper limit unless they show greater feats. And you're gonna be waiting a long time, because Sera hasn't said anything about coming back anytime soon.

This looks good to me. However, reading Jason's comment, I feel that these guys should have keys similar to the P5 cast.

While I'm not opposed to it, that'll be tough to do, what with the game's hardware limitations and the lack of feats for any of the Full Moon Shadows that can serve as milestones. I suppose we could use the anime for it, though.

Junpei should actually have Regenerationn, too, via Spring of Life. It should be Mid-Low, though it could potentially be higher.

Editing the OP.

DarkGrath said:
By the way, would it at all be worth mentioning the point about Nyx creating the Collective Unconscious in this CRT? It's pretty inconsequential alongside the feats we already have, admittedly, but as far as I can see through scaling it seems like the feat of Nyx creating the Collective Unconscious matches almost perfectly. It might just be worth mentioning to fortify the evidence.
Well, it's not really a feat for Nyx anyway. Earth's living creatures instinctively feared Nyx, and formed the CU as a defense mechanism. Though it should be mentioned that the Sea of Souls is separate from the Collective Unconscious, and beings like Erebus, Izanami and Yaldy are born from the SOS and not the CU.

I can see why some people might think that Igor should be more powerful since they are just his assistants, but this isn't really supported by anything and there are even verses on the wiki where this is very explicitly shown not to be the case (like The Good Place).

Was it? I suppose that would make sense. Can we get any confirmation on this?

I'm playing through Persona 3 right now and I think Elizabeth mentioned that Igor created her in one of her lines.

That's actually pretty good evidence for the scaling chain. I'm mildly busy right now, but assuming that nobody else finds it before me, I'll look for scans.

Look for Elizabeth lines, I think ones she says in response to you completing her requests is where I saw it.

This looks pretty applicable to me, I'm gonna assume anything regarding Q will be saved for later with the 1st 2 Games.

That's right. What with me not having near-zilch knowledge on those games, I thought it best not to half-ass it and just leave it to Sera.

Back