• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Humanity CRT. It's time to buff up humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
The human race profile is pitiful. But i will try to change it.

Abilities:

Acid Manipulation (Can create weaponry that projects acid, can also mix acid together and use acid for other purposes) Sleep Manipulation (Tranquilizer Darts and Gases)

Medicines and other science stuff, which grant Humanity Purification (Type 3) (Medicine can cure some status effects like poison), Blood Manipulation (Medicines can manipulate blood), Biological Manipulation, Bone Manipulation (Some medicine and surgery which can alter bone structure), Organic Manipulation (Gene stuff and fertilizers which can biologically change plants), Plant and Animal Manipulation (Humanity can control Plants and Animals, being able to control them and able to handle them)

Technology grants Humanity Hacking (Viruses), Data Manipulation (Computer Storage) and Technology Manipulation (Computing), Information Analysis (DNA and Forensic Tests)

Miscellanious humanity stuff includes Air Manipulation (Can Manipulate Wind), Earth Manipulation (Can Manipulate the earth and rocks), Weapon Creation (pretty obvious), Energy Manipulation and Projection (Can convert energy and can fire energy blasts), Plasma Manipulation (Laser Beams), Fragrance Manipulation (Perfumes and other cosmetics), Matter Manipulation (Combat Innaplicable, can manipulate atoms to create Nuclear Bombs), Ice Manipulation (Freeze sprays and other things which can manipulate ice and snow), Heat Manipulation (Can greatly increase heat in an area), Light Manipulation (Flashlights and other lights), Metal Manipulation (Able to alter and corrode metal), Smoke Manipulation (Smoke bombs), Magnetism Manipulation (With magnets and other stuff like that)

AP Upgrade:

The part of At least 7-B on the tiering needs to be buffed to 7-A. The Tsar Bomba was initially 7-A, it was just scaled to 7-B. Also, there should be a higher for the 6-C part because there used to be way more nukes than now. Here is how I think it should be.

Tier: At least 7-A, up to 6-C, likely higher at full power

Everything else seems fine, but:

Energy Manipulation and Projection (Can convert energy and can fire energy blasts)

This is in the realm of science fiction. I've never once heard of a gun that can literally send out energy. Can you provide some links?

Plasma Manipulation (Laser Beams)

Lasers are not plasma, meaning they should just get grouped together with Light Manipulation. Electrolasers can be used for Plasma Manipulation, but even then that's stretching it.

Kuroiha said:
BigSmoke4269 said:
Weather Manip should also be added, considering we can do that now apparently
Is this a joke on climate change? Lmao.
They're either talking about HAARP or basically all the poisonous gases that comes from factories that lacks of filters -which eventually will cause 'acid rains'-.

As far as I understand, Earth Manipulation and Weapon Creation are supernatural abilities, not simply moving chunks of earth via equipment or crafting weapons in factories.

Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, and Matter Manipulation also seem like extreme hyperbole.

In addition, I am not sure where we should draw the line between supernatural or science-fiction powers and comparatively limited and rudimentary abilities via equipment for several of the other listed abilities. It risks to set a bad precedent otherwise.

We preferably need some input from knowledgeable staff members.

Energy Manipulation is how humanity can process various types of energy, being able to convert various types of energy into another (which by the way, is a type of energy manipulation) as well as using this converted energy for a variety of purposes

Energy Projection is because of energy focused weapons and projectiles like laser beams.

Matter Manipulation is limited and combat inapplicable, but humanity has shown to be able to do that. That's how they made the nuke, they seperated the nucleus and rearranged the atomic structure of an uranium atom to cause a massive chain reaction, causing what would be known as the nuclear bomb

Acid and Sleep manip seem fine

Limited Purification is fine I suppose, I thought humanity would have more type 1.

Hacking and Limited Information Analysis seem fine.

Weapon Creation (using their surroundings), Energy Projection, Light Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Smoke Manipulation and Fragrance Manipulation are probably fine.

A lot of this seems like you're misunderstanding what it means to manipulate something. Simply throwing a rock at someone, or more generally utilising earth doesn't mean you qualify for earth manipulation.

What GyroNutz accepted can probably be applied, except for weapon creation. Thank you for helping out.

They certainly shouldn't have black hole creation because black hole creation means they can actually make black holes, not just do matter stuff.

But yeah, they should have limited matter manipulation

Magnetism Manip is already up there.

The last two can probably be placed up there but are both non-combat applicable.

We cannot freely transform substances on a molecular level as we wish. Matter manipulation is severe hyperbole and not accepted. Sorry.

That is not the same thing as easily transforming steel into butter. Again, my apologies, but that is not the intended meaning of the ability.

I thought that was Atom Manipulation and above while Matter Manipulation also included Molecular Manipulation which was bascially being able to alter molecules without changing their properties which is something humans done in labs

No, that is not the intended meaning as far as I am aware. Sorry.

This is what it says on it's profile

"The ability to manipulate molecules and their bonds. Said bonds include ionic (Electrons are transferred), covalent (Electrons are shared equally), polar covalent (Electrons are shared unequally), diatomic (Molecules consisting of only two atoms), and hydrogen bonds. Applications at this level include effects such as changing the nature of materials (i.e., the way carbon chains are bonded to turn one hydrocarbon into another), or tear opponents apart by severing the molecular bonds that make up their bodies. However, they are not able to change existing elements, as this is tied more to the nature of atoms, rather than molecules."

sounds pretty similar to the way humans have done it

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
They certainly shouldn't have black hole creation because black hole creation means they can actually make black holes, not just do matter stuff.

But yeah, they should have limited matter manipulation
We kind of can create black holes.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
You sort of unintentionally debunked several of your own arguments of the powers being listed here.

They get matter manip due to being able to alter and change the structures of molecules and parts of atoms. Black hole creation means they are able to create literal black holes, which humanity hasn't done

Newendigo said:
We don't manipulate the structure of atoms and molecules.

We don't have weapon creation.

We don't manipulate any form of weather, provoking enviromental damage does not count all.

This is nuts.
Agreed. This is partially very unreliable hyperbole. We should stop wasting time arguing about the silly parts.

Nuclear fission is the fragmentation/disintegration of heavy atoms due to the addition of more nucleons, such as neutrons.

Destroying something from a side-effect reaction is no manipulating it.

Some of the minor stuff is fine, such as a few of the things GyroNuts accepted. However, a lot of the other stuff seems exaggerated as many others mentioned. Matter Manipulation and Earth Manipulation sound like a hard no.

How about Metal and Magnetism Manipulation then.

I also need input on some of the medicine stuff like Blood, Organic, and Biological Manipulation.

I also need input on the tiering change.

I believe that even when there were thousands of nukes held by the Soviet Union & America each holding with around 40-50k, it was still was still calc in the Baseline 6-C amount of AP. Most nuclear weapons are actually smaller and carry less attack potency so that the missle can carry mutiple warheads to said target.

Yeah, I'm going to have to say no for a few of these.

Air manip: No. We don't give characters who can move really fast and generate large gusts of wind air manip, so we don't give ourselves air manip with leaf blowers.

Earth manip: Straight no. We don't "manipulate" earth the same way we don't give characters who can throw rocks earth manip.

Bone manip: We don't "alter bone structure". Our bodies do that for us. Modern medicine just helps with that. And again, we don't give people who can heal broken bones bone manip so it doesn't work here.

Plant and animal manip: We don't control plants. We grow them yeah, but if I ask my potted plant to go fetch me the newspaper all I'm going to get is a slap from my mother for being a dumbass. And we don't control animals. Saying we control animals because we domesticate them is the equivalent of saying I have friend manipulation for being able to get my friend to do my bidding.

Everything else I'm ok with.

That's explicit. If we really want to, we can give everyone who moves at 100 kmph or higher air manip, but we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back