• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Fire Brigade of Flames Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here we have a problem since the English translations are a bit behind the others, but great revelations and upgrades were given in the last chapters.

Arthur Boyle Reacted to a real lightning, making it at least MHS

[[1]]

Here the problems begin, we will need a mod that fake Portuguese, but summing up is this: Shinra now manages to accelerate and react at speeds faster than light, but when he accelerates at this speed his body decomposes into particles causing him to die, But by overcoming the speed of light it goes back in time making his body return to the moment before dying shortly after it slows down. Yes, it's complicated

Summing up even more, Shinra is FTL now, Shou (his brother) can stop the time and manages to continue with him making him be FTL too. The fact that Shinra surpasses the speed of light makes the scientist fear that he creates a black hole and swallows the whole country, so it is possibly Country level, but nothing certain about that last part yet.

FTL to Shinra and Shou MHS for Arthur Boyle Possible Country level to Shinra (?)

[[2]] [[3]] [[4]] [[5]]

Well, I suppose that this seems reasonable, but would prefer more community input.

I would also appreciate more input.

I'd rather wait for proper English translations before we do anything.

I'm also worried that the "Speed of Light" statements are being used the way we use "As fast as lightning."

Well, my main problem with the above is the fact that it's providing all sorts of technobabble.

The story describes the characters as moving past the speed of light and time travel, but then attributes the abilities to forcibly expanding the universe with pure heat (regardless of how much heat that would require in real life).

I'm not totally sure about how to evaluate this, since the narrative seems to switch between FTL speed and a Hit-esque Pocket Universe ability.

The pocket universe with time stop is the abilitie of Shou. Shinra have a abilitie of FTL speed and restructuring

Reading the recent chapters, I believe that the DC upgrade was only in the scientist's theory, it was a possibility if he used this ability, but luckily for them it did not happen. I believe that only the speed upgrade is true, but I posted in full if someone has another argument

Just read the latest chapters. I hadn't read this level of confusing technobabble in a while. Shou's ability seems to be expanding his own "universe" (pocket dimension) around him and manipulating time inside it, either to speed himself up or outright stopping time. Shinra speeds himself up to FTL and has some limited form of time travel.

The country part is obviously a speculation of the researcher saying that there should be some side effects to moving at FTL speeds that are obviously not happening in this situation, since the room Shinra and Shou are fighting is still fine and Shinra is crashing into walls at ridiculous speeds and only getting slightly harmed.

Translation hasn't reached the lightning part yet, so I can't judge that.

Mostly because other series don't take real physics into account this seems to be the only one following the laws that are set in our world

@Nibbler

FTL travel doesn't necessarily mean time travel, nor do most people come back together after being turned into particles.

This seems to have gone nowhere, but since more chapters have been translated I can finally adress the MHS claim for Arthur. He just blocked an electric signal, not lightning. The electricity being used there is pretty weak as it causes no real physical damage (it's more of a mind/body control move by apparently affecting the nerves and brain). Zero evidence for lightning speed, the fastest thing the electricity user has done wih it ts intercept bullets.

IMO the story seems pretty clear that he's moving faster than light. But if we accept that we have to list it separately from his regular speed, as he's only that fast with that particular technique and he doesn't use it all the time (See his recent spar with the 1st company commander in chapters 88-89).

@LazyHunter

So what, if any, changes need to be performed?

The only change would be to add the FTL speed to Shinra Kusakabe's page. I'm unsure how to call the technique since it's not given a name. Speed should be something like "Subsonic normally (Blitzed a high-ranked officer), FTL with Adora Burst + Preacher's Divine Protection (Repeatedly stated to move faster than light in order to counter his brother's Time Manipulation)".

He might actually have upgraded his regular speed during/after the fight since the 1st company commander commented on that, but I cannot recall a feat to calc it.

Okay. Feel free to perform the changes then.

Given the low activity in this thread, I doubt it. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back