• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FIRE FORCE CRT (PART 2 of 5): FASTER THAN LIGHT

NO! To reach the future at your own pure speed from the point of time you are in, you must be faster than linear time and transcend flowing time. If you can't do that, you'll never be able to move forward from your point in time because linear time will always be faster than you and you will always stay at the same time.

It will be more of a speed contest between you with linear time and the point of time you are in, and if you are not immeasurable you will never be able to go beyond the point of time you are at.
Yes. For this, you must reach the future before linear time with your pure speed. This makes you immeasurable.
Infinite speed is already faster that the flow of time, so any character with that level of speed should be able to reach the future with pure speed.

For more information, Infinite speed characters are so fast, they move faster than time can flow at any period. They perceive every finite speed character as completely frozen and it takes 0 time to react to any finite speed object or travel finite speed distance. They can also perform and infinite number of actions or travel infinite distance within a finite amount of time. An infinite speed character's perception of time only flows when they allow it to flow.

Ya, avoid arguing with Georr, history of stonewalling without bringing any evidence of their claims.

Ya, avoid arguing with Georr, history of stonewalling without bringing any evidence of their claims.
Uhhhh ... I wish you luck with your ignorance Dread (Btw, even if you bring Ultima and DT's explanations and present it to her, she'll still justify herself)

You can keep thinking that going into the past at pure speed is immeasurable. I wish you success in your life with this way of thinking.

• "keep thinking that Georr is right without them sending any evidence of their claim", ya I will keep thinking.
  • "ignorance" ---> standards be like "am I joke to you?"
Georr, stop derailing. Thank you!

• "keep thinking that Georr is right without them sending any evidence of their claim", ya I will keep thinking.
  • "ignorance" standards be like "am I joke to you?"
Can you show that this way you say is immeasurable? Going back in time with pure speed can also be a simple FTL feat, and you can ask any staff member you want about what I've said. If you want, I can ask for you and you will get rid of these ignorant thoughts.

Thank you
You're welcome.

I'm pretty sure that traveling through time purely with the physical grants immeasurable speed.

I'm pretty sure that traveling through time purely with the physical grants immeasurable speed.
Ya in some cases, but also those verses that established how they have done it through FTL, will gain FTL based on our standards.

Honestly, I would like to know who made that rule that a character being FTL to time travel does not count as immeasurable speed.
In addition, in the same thing they say "it can generate inconsistencies"but again,there is no inconsistencies in this one,only shinra has shown to go back in time,and other characters are able to react to him,but that does not make him able to time travel.
Honestly, I see many problems in that logic that FTL time travel=no immeasurable speed.
even though literally many verses use FTL and etc and there is no time travel.
Not to mention that it doesn't even say how fast you have to be for a time travel, it's just incommensurable and that's it.

It can count in some cases, hence it is not always the case, and it should be evaluated it carefully.

No you can't wtf, the speed is defined to be forward not backward
Oh yeah for context. Time is proportional to speed in Fire Force.

This image explains it best where the faster you move the slower time moves around you. At light speed time stops and of course at FTL speeds, time move backwards.

images

Agree with the thread btw

Going back(past)in the time with pure speed won't give immeasurable speed without extra context and statement or more feat. It would be a simple FTL.
which does not make sense, because that was not shown in a verse (and in fact it is invalid due to its existence at all,because you can't assume that there it is how it is,but it never explained,and if it is explained,then it could probably still be immeasurable speed anyway,because moving FTL by itself is not gonna give you immeasurable speed,it is the time factor)

which does not make sense, because that was not shown in a verse (and in fact it is invalid due to its existence at all,because you can't assume that there it is how it is,but it never explained,and if it is explained,then it could probably still be immeasurable speed anyway,because moving FTL by itself is not gonna give you immeasurable speed,it is the time factor)
I've already explained that with enough context and more feats it can be immeasurable.

Which in conclusion, yes you can get immeasurable speed by going backwards as the standards has established.

It just needs to be consistent.

Back