• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FIRE FORCE CRT (PART 2 of 5): FASTER THAN LIGHT

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Okay I am going to make this short, and understandable.

According to Dr. Licht, who is a scientist well-versed in the physics of Fire Force world, The speed of light is the maximum speed of the verse. However, he also states that objects that try to reach that speed break apart and if they are able to go past the speed of light the object will turn back time on themselves at that speed till they are whole again.

0083-015.png

It has been stated that Shinra moves so fast that he disintegrates AT the speed of light and then move past the speed of light to reassemble. Shinra does not slow down nor was it ever stated that he slows down, he is still at speeds faster than light because his body is STILL reassembling as shown when his body still reassembles while fighting:

For Example:

As we all know, Adolla is a world that is able to change the physics and mathematics of reality. It is capable of doing the impossible in the Fire Force world. We also know that Shinra is the only one capable of speeding past the speed of light thanks to an Adolla link. Therefore, I would like to upgrade Shinra's combat speed to FTL Combat Speeds and Reactions.

Note: No other character scales to Shinra at FTL combat speeds without special abilities granted by Adolla. In Sho's case, he manipulates time with Severed Universe to move fast enough to keep up with Shinra, who can only move in stopped time at FTL speeds.

Honestly can't wrap my head around the mechanics here.
Are you saying that while his body is being reconstructed he's moving at FTL speeds and since he's capable of attacking while being reconstructed he should have FTL combat and reactions?
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but this is too wonky. He disintegrates specifically because he reached SoL. It's only natural to assume his speed drops when doing this otherwise he should immediately disintegrate again

This is just the same shit that has been rejected multiple times again and again, I actually thought there was a discussion rule for this arleady.
Also no one is disputing that he goes faster than light, it is just that the moment he does, he goes back in time, hence unquantifiable. Which is why he has time manipulation.
He does not reintegrate at FTL speed, the only thing that happens is that time turns back, and when he goes back in time, he obviously meant back to before he disintegrated, meaning back to before his speed reaches SOL, so your logic is flawed.

Are you saying that while his body is being reconstructed he's moving at FTL speeds and since he's capable of attacking while being reconstructed he should have FTL combat and reactions?

yeah.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but this is too wonky. He disintegrates specifically because he reached SoL. It's only natural to assume his speed drops when doing this otherwise he should immediately disintegrate again

Why assume when it’s shown his body is back together at FTL speeds in that scan?

baseless assumption tbh.

This is just the same shit that has been rejected multiple times again and again, I actually thought there was a discussion rule for this arleady.
Also no one is disputing that he goes faster than light, it is just that the moment he does, he goes back in time, hence unquantifiable. Which is why he has time manipulation.
He does not reintegrate at FTL speed, the only thing that happens is that time turns back, and when he goes back in time, he obviously meant back to before he disintegrated, meaning back to before his speed reaches SOL, so your logic is flawed.

my logic is predicated on the scans word for word.

Time is reversed in Shinra to reverse his disintegration due to his disintegrated particles moving past light speed.

He does not reintegrate at FTL speed
Oh, then what speed is he coming back at? Cause from the visual representation for him coming back, it clearly says

SUPER LIGHT SPEED
TIME GOES BACK

Am I misinterpreting this or does this mean in order for him to reassemble, he needs to go FTL, which people react to him reassembling his body.

my logic is predicated on the scans word for word.

Time is reversed in Shinra to reverse his disintegration due to his disintegrated particles moving past light speed.
Word for word says goes back in time which means before he disintegrates (goes back in time till my particles are together again), which would mean before he gains that speed. It is not rocket science.
The whole going FTL to go back in time might even mean 1.000001c it is unquantifiable, we just know time reverses the moment he accelerates further to before he disintegrates and logic suggest it will be the speed his body is at that point also. If he is still SOL, he just disintegrates again and again continously so this is still the same old thread all over again

The panels depict Shinra's body going back in time, but his speed? It doesn't say anything about it going back to SOL.

In fact, it even says there that he has to go at "Super lightspeed" to recover his body. This is Shinra's body going back in time, not his movements.

So I agree with this.

Also, Pain your arguments are really painful "speed is unquantifiable" is literally
---> the same argument for saying "any immeasurable speed feat is also unquantifiable"

If it is reversed, this is the definition of immeasurable speed. Moving so fast that you go back to the past is not light speed or SoL or anything, it is immeasurable speed for us.
Btw, going back(past) in time with pure speed doesn't make you immeasurable speed. Going into the "future" at your pure speed makes you immeasurable. Both are different.

Not arguing with Georr or robo as they just stonewall arguments.

Also, no you can simply go to future with infinite speed as well.

Is it really necessary to explain that in the Fire Force world going at FTL speeds allows you to travel back in time?

That's just how its world works.
If it is a pure speed, in our system, it is immeasurable speed.

There is a reason why we list pure speed that acts as time travel as immeasurable speed (infinite speed would be only if you go forwards to future, however someone who can go past and future and whenever, this is immeasurable speed

Is it really necessary to explain that in the Fire Force world going at FTL speeds allows you to travel back in time?

That's just how its world works.
yeah you can go back in time with ftl speeds....in case people didn't know

depends on the verse tho

Immeasurable speed characters are far beyond even those Infinite speed characters listed above. They perceive infinite speed characters as completely frozen, and they can travel forward and backward in time at will.
Also, Georr I don't need your stonewalling moments, I am talking purely from standards.

Also, Georr I don't need your stonewalling moments, I am talking purely from standards.

There is another rule somewhere about verses that at least try to emulate Theory of relativity and shit.

Something FTL travel back in time doesn’t count for immeasurable. It has to be both forward and backwards to qualify. Something something something

Naw this nerfed thread needs to be closed.

Does not matter if verse established a limit to the speed of objects. In our tiering system, we declare those feats as immeasurable speed.

yeah you can go back in time with ftl speeds....in case people didn't know
Yeah I know that famous episode of the Powerpuff Girls where they go FTL to travel in time.

Fire Force works in a similar way, the panel states Shinra is just accelerating beyond the speed of light, not accelerating beyond infinite speed.

The thread is starting to get derailed by some silly ideas, let's keep going.

Being able to casually roam around freely across linear time qualifies for immeasurable speed. However, traveling to different time periods through movement is a common feat in fiction that often leads to inconsistencies and has been done via FTL travel or running laps around the earth faster than it rotates. This can lead to characters being assigned an additional, independent, speed rating for the ability. This should preferably be evaluated case by case.
Time Travel via sheer speed doesn't always warrant immeasureable speed in the standards.

Also, no you can simply go to future with infinite speed as well.
NO! To reach the future at your own pure speed from the point of time you are in, you must be faster than linear time and transcend flowing time. If you don't have immeasurable speed, then you'll never be able to move forward from your point in time because linear time will always be faster than you and you will always stay at the same time.

It will be more of a speed contest between you with linear time and the point of time you are in, and if you are not immeasurable you will never be able to go beyond the point of time you are at.

Back