• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FIRE FORCE CRT (PART 2 of 5): FASTER THAN LIGHT

I've already explained that with enough context and more feats it can be immeasurable.
6AWu2K0.png

Thanks for your input everyone!

Let me go seek staff approval since this seems uncontroversial

While it's quite obvious Shinra is FTL in speed. The speed of light and FTL speed is something that portrayed only Shinra is able to do. Sho's isn't able to keep up with Shinra as the first two times he used those speeds he isn't able to react at all to him.

Sho had to resort to time slowing/stopping before Shinra even moves, essentially.

Also Sho's ability to keep up with Shinra is due to his time slowing capabilities. Which is not accepted as a for of speed amp.

About Time Manipulation and Speed​

Time Stop does not grant a user infinite speed, nor does otherwise slowing down time increase somebody's speed rating. These abilities decrease the speed of others instead, while leaving the user's speed the same, and should as such be listed in the powers & abilities sections instead. The extent to which time is slowed down should also be stated, if possible.

Abilities that accelerate a user's time to make them faster can be mentioned as a rating in the Speed section of the relevant profile, as these abilities increase a user's speed relative to everyone else. However, they should be mentioned separate to their non-amplified speed. For example: Normal Human, FTL via time acceleration.

One should consider that a user of such an ability might not have time accelerated to the maximum extent at all times when scaling them to other characters.

TL;dr Sho is only able to keep up because his ability to slow time which is not a accepted as a speed thing.

Well... I guess I agree. The OP is very much straight forward. He regenerates at FTL speed which is the product of his body moving back in time not his speed.

To think I live to see the day FTL fire force is accepted 💀

Also, Pain your arguments are really painful "speed is unquantifiable" is literally
---> the same argument for saying "any immeasurable speed feat is also unquantifiable"
Read properly to context.
Unquantifiable in the sense that it can be 1.00001c or 1.001c or anything, we do not know how much ftl it is, not that it cannot be quantied in terms of speed.
Doesn’t seem combat applicable but it’s definitely FTL
This is already what we (I) have on the profile.
I really do not get why they are trying to claim that we rejected FTL, nah he is FTL it just cannot scale to anyone else in the verse or his attacking speed.
Which is what I think this thread is about making FTL his attack speed. Then you have people who reacted to him reintegrating and then we have shinra fighting those people before even going FTL and then it turns circular till we have FTL shinra before even accelerating which is dumb.
Ayo chill, only Shinra is FTL. Sho could only react cuz he boosts his speed by manipulating time with severed universe.
There are people who shinra fought that reacted to him while reintegrating, not just Sho.

I'm a little confused.

Travel to the past =/= immeasurable by default? Like, what would it take to be considered? Is this just for verses that have this mechanic that FTL = Time Travel or for anyone?

If this is derailing, I can delete the comment.

Are we sure that speed boost through temporal manipulation doesn't count as speed? I'm sure there are several characters that speed up time just for themselves and it's counted as speed.

From what I can understand Sho doesn't scale to FTL because he himself isn't moving in these levels, he's using his ability to slow down the world around him. So basically he's not increasing his speed, he's slowing down everything else. Am a right or wrong?

From what I can understand Sho doesn't scale to FTL because he himself isn't moving in these levels, he's using his ability to slow down the world around him. So basically he's not increasing his speed, he's slowing down everything else. Am a right or wrong?
Partially correct. He's slowing down time for himself, speeding up in a sense that everything appears frozen. From an outside perspective he's moving extremely quick from their perspective.

Partially correct. He's slowing down time for himself, speeding up in a sense that everything appears frozen. From an outside perspective he's moving extremely quick from their perspective.
If that's the case, wouldn't it be fine to rate him as FTL with his ability only?

Back