• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Force P&A CRT (Part 1): Knight King

Status
Not open for further replies.
For how heated a lot of the recent Fire Force upgrade/downgrade threads have been it's kinda shocking how barebones most of the current profiles are. A lot if not all of them lack relevant scans, are extremely barebones or are filled with links that no longer function so I wanted to address this problem one step at time starting with the rather bad P&A sections so I'll start with Arthur Boyle

Sandbox:

New Ability Additions:
Base Key Abilities:
Base Key Resistance:
Great Cataclysm Key (No star ring):
Great Cataclysm Key (Star Ring):
Justification Additions/Changes:
Expert Swordsmanship - Completely lacks a justification
Expert Swordsmanship: Already a crazy good fighter able to counter attacks even from inconvenient stances Arthur was later taught traditional Japanese swordplay by Lieutenant Konro who is himself a highly skilled samurai able to fight pyrokinetics with his swordsmanship alone
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Completely lacks a justification
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Early into the series Arthur was able to fight an intelligent infernal without the use of his ignition ability with just hand-to-hand combat which improved as he was more formally trained in Asakusa by Benimaru as well as Maki Oze who is a very skilled fighter having been former miliary
Fire Manipulation & Heat Manipulation - Completely lacks a justification
Fire Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Plasma Manipulation and Weapon Creation: Arthurs ignition ability allows him to create flames that he can superheats all the way to plasma which he the forms into a blade atop his hilt
Lightning Manipulation - Lacks a justification
Electricity Manipulation: Arthurs can channel electricity through his blade imbuing into his attacks
Stealth Mastery (Attempted to sneak up on Benimaru, likely couldn’t due to his experience)
The reason is pretty lackluster so this should probably be removed
Instinctive Reaction (By constantly valuing life, and the possibility of an attack at any time, they can be aware of situations and evade, despite it being casual moments earlier)
Instinctive Reaction: Users of the Breath of Life can react to attacks instinctively
Extrasensory Perception (Can sense intent, and presence)
Extrasensory Perception and Precognition (Was taught to sense the Breath of Life allowing the him to sense the life of others as well as predict an opponents next move)
Statistics Amplification (Can utilise his Hysterical Strength to enable him use 100% of his power)
Statistics Amplification: Learned to access the Press of Death which allows him to use Hysterical Strength enabling him to use 100% of his power where he would be using only 30% otherwise
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (Jammed Haumea's electric signal)
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation and Mind Manipulation: Resisted the effects of quick acting stimulatory gas by clearing his mind of all mundane thoughts and he's able resist Haumea's mind control because his plasma is able to jam electric signal preventing them from reaching his nervous system
Resistance to Analytical Prediction & Telepathy (Snuck up and slashed Giovanni, who can read thoughts and sense intent)
Resistance to Information analysis and Telepathy (Non-Self Nirvana allows Arthur to become resistant to mind reading and even Giovanni's pheromone reading which allows him to read human emotions, mental states and much more)
Power Mimicry, Magic and Teleportation: Capable of using the teleportation magic "zoom" which he clearly copied from his worlds version of Dragon Quest called "Dragon Question"
Range: As far as his feet can reach, Extended Melee Range to Several Meters if the fire is used (depends on ways of usage) | Planetary (Sliced clean through the earth from the moon)
Range: Extended Melee Range up to Tens of Meters with Excalibur (Excalibur is a standard length sword that can be extended if Arthur chooses) | Planetary Sensory Range (Can sense the Breath of Life and Soul Wavelength across Earth from space) and Planetary Melee Range with Excalibur (Sliced clean through the earth from the moon and could attack Shinra who was on earth from far into space)
Stamina: Superhuman (Fought on several occasions against high-level enemies and kept fighting even after being beaten down several times)
Stamina: Superhuman (Capable of fighting continuously for 5 hours after essentially being tortured right before starting) | Higher (Can continue fighting after being severely injured)

Miscellaneous Corrections/Changes:
Excalibur: High-tech sword handle that allows him to compress his flames and create a plasma sword
This in the standard equipment section is just straight up not true... Excalibur isn't high tech and it doesn't compress his flames into plasma for him, that's what his powers do. Excalibur is just a hilt

There's more stuff I want to do and obviously more characters I want to get to but this seems like a reasonable start to branch out from, so that's all for this thread I think.

Agree: Excel616, Lynieryz, SeijiSetto, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Nierre, Dereck03, Duedate8898 (Everything except Holy Manipulation, Power Mimicry and Magic), Elizhaa
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Shouldn't Arthur have reality warping? And couldn't his range be greater for being able to hit Shinra (when he was falling into despair)?

for the record, breath of life shit would be analytical prediction since he isn't ACTUALLY seeing into the future
lifting strength in the cataclysm key also completely lacks a justification
SS and dura have an "at most" for some reason, they are the same as his AP so they should be written the same.
they also need a "higher with superfire"
superhuman stamina should have scans and references
range's "as far as his feet can reach" should be removed, just leave it as extended melee to several metres (and also provide scans)

for the record, breath of life shit would be analytical prediction since he isn't ACTUALLY seeing into the future
I mean yeah clearly but analytical prediction is kinda held under the precog page as one of the two types so maybe I should clarify it more to be analytical prediction not divination
lifting strength in the cataclysm key also completely lacks a justification
SS and dura have an "at most" for some reason, they are the same as his AP so they should be written the same.
they also need a "higher with superfire"
superhuman stamina should have scans and references
range's "as far as his feet can reach" should be removed, just leave it as extended melee to several metres (and also provide scans)
I plan on working on the overall profiles after the P&A revisions(fleshing them out more etc.) though I can probably get the appropriate scans/feats for stamina & planetary range within the next hour or so

yeah i get that, it's just important to specify which
looks p good otherwise
Thanks for the input, I've clarified the analytical prediction the on the Sandbox and have added the following Stamina & Range Justification which will also be added to the OP as well as another extrasensory perception justification for his star ring key
Range: As far as his feet can reach, Extended Melee Range to Several Meters if the fire is used (depends on ways of usage) | Planetary (Sliced clean through the earth from the moon)
Range: Extended Melee Range up to Tens of Meters with Excalibur (Excalibur is a standard length sword that can be extended if Arthur chooses) | Planetary Sensory Range (Can sense the Breath of Life and Soul Wavelength across Earth from space) and Planetary Melee Range with Excalibur (Sliced clean through the earth from the moon and could attack Shinra who was on earth from far into space)
Stamina: Superhuman (Fought on several occasions against high-level enemies and kept fighting even after being beaten down several times)
Stamina: Superhuman (Capable of fighting continuously for 5 hours after essentially being tortured right before starting) | Higher (Can continue fighting after being severely injured)

I do think the proposed changes seems fine, so unless someone has a valid counter argument then i agree.

Okay, for full breakdown, everything but the holy manipulation and power mimicry/magic should be fine.

The maybe holy manipulation is really just a name Arthur has for his attack before his Great Cataclysm awakening, while narration calling his blade a holy one I don't think is good enough in this instance because just to call a weapon holy isn't the strongest proof especially when all of this power is based more in Arthur's Subjective Reality not anything actually divine. And the reason I think power mimicry and magic should go is because the power that Arthur is using to get the teleportation is his subjective reality and he never actually copies anyones power from what I can remember of this section. So it's better just to list it as teleportation based on his subjective reality.

Okay, for full breakdown, everything but the holy manipulation and power mimicry/magic should be fine.

The maybe holy manipulation is really just a name Arthur has for his attack before his Great Cataclysm awakening, while narration calling his blade a holy one I don't think is good enough in this instance because just to call a weapon holy isn't the strongest proof especially when all of this power is based more in Arthur's Subjective Reality not anything actually divine. And the reason I think power mimicry and magic should go is because the power that Arthur is using to get the teleportation is his subjective reality and he never actually copies anyones power from what I can remember of this section. So it's better just to list it as teleportation based on his subjective reality.
Thanks for the feedback

I could agree that the justification isn't much though there's some things like how his blade has purification properties so I'm fine with the removal but suggest the addition of Purification

As for power mimicry/magic, It's never outright stated but it's not too ambiguous that Arthur copied it from the game he played because the game is basically his world version of "Dragon quest"(being Dragon Question maybe for legal reasons seeing as it's even played on a Super Nintendo, the console which several DQ game released on, which was also changed to "Super Mintendo") and "Zoom" is a recurring teleportation spell in the dragon quest franchise so I think it's fairly obvious where he copied the spell from.

I can agree with purification.

Power mimicry/magic still isn't the best bet because Arthur isn't really mimicking a power, Zoom doesn't actually exist in the series and magic in the verse isn't a thing just yet. And again the fact that Arthur doesn't employ this against Dragon in any capacity also makes me go against calling it Power Mimicry/Magic instead of just putting it under his Subjective Reality and Teleportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back