• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I think it's high time to do this. I finally caught up to the latest volume of the Light Novel and I'm slightly more free now, so I can invest myself more in this.

I created the Blade Dance profiles about a year and half ago when I first arrived on the wikia, and let's just say I was nowhere near the level of precision and creation knowledge/experience I have today, so they are very lacking and I feel responsible for fixing them.

I'll however need some help to properly collect and measure the power and feats, so I will (try to) bring Gemmysaur and WilliamShadow who also have knowledge of the verse.

I feel that, right now, Kamito's higher Keys are too high in AP, and I'm not sure about his speed.

Kamito is easily among the fastest characters both in movement and combat speed, but it's hard to pinpoint the exact speed, especially when the LN usually describe it as "godlike speed" and "insane speed". Though I know he has ridiculous combat speed, striking several enemies in an instant. What are your thoughts? Gemmy, William, or whoever may have knowledge...

As for AP, I think his Base and Ren Ashbell keys are fine since he beat Velsaria's fortress, but the other two feel a bit too high (?)

Unfortunately this is a bad moment for me so I won't be from a lot of help here thou just to put two cents.

He definitely has subsonic speed as he easily moved faster than regular humans could of tracked him, but i don't see the logic behind the hypersonic speed.

And for his AP the small town one is totally overdoing i don't recall anything worthy of a similar rank.

As for the third one i would go for at least large building lvl (as he is even stronger than like Ren)likely higher(cause of the mentioned feats in his current "small town" key) for now cause i just don't have time to go and try find something else right now.

For his ap,large building could very well be an Hyperbole, depends on the context.

Don't see why his other key his city block level, what's mentioned is at best building level, depending on the size of the ice dragons.

His small town level key should be city or mountain level since he is stronger than people who are on that level.

Don't see anything that justifies him being hypersonic+ either. But as william said above if he can move faster than people can track, he is subsonic.

I had put Hypersonic for his reactions and combat speed, not his actual movement speed to which I agree for Subsonic. His combat speed is more than Subsonic, but Hypersonic is maybe too high (?). How would you rank his combat speed then?

About his City Block and Small Town AP, I had put that because I was trying to imagine the Military-class spirits and Laevattein he was figthing, which are extremely strong and large.

I'm also thinking of updating the Keys into: Base | Ren Ashbell | Post-tournament | Demon King. It will be easier to place the respective powers that way.

City block has no sense and of course small town ethier.

No one in that novel showed the abilty of destroying more than something on lvl of a large building and that is how they will be rated.

For his reaction/combat speed subsonic, likely higher. There is quite of a difference between subsonic and hypersonic and without a feat a hypersonic rating isn't justified.

To put it simple his city block AP should be changed into "at least bulding lvl" and his small town key into "Large building lvl at most".

His combat speed would be "subsonic, likely higher" while his normal speed just "subsonic".

When you made the profile you did too many assumptions and scaled characters based on your opinion, but we can only scale them with actual feats and or possible statements that are clear and aren't contradicted by anything.

You're right that I made many assumptions back then. I see your points in AP.

The only thing with speed, is that I remember people saying that reaction speed is generally much faster than movement speed, which is why I had made it so high. And for some of Kamito's attacks, he lands mutliple strikes in an instant (Destructive Form) or attacks insanely fast (Flash Form, Final Form)... or should those be counted as Attack Speed instead?

Note that attacks being described as "done in an instant" tend to be flowery language.

^Pretty much what Gemmy said.

You can't really quantify an instant(in this case). That why as i said "at least subsonic, likely higher" is more than enough for his combat/reaction speed.

Just 1 last thing about Kamito before I update his profile.

Should his Demon King mode be put as a separate key or as a boost of his Post-tournament key via Berserk Mode?

Probably "At least Building level" instead of "Higher" on his AP with regards to facing Velsaria. It just sounds weird when its used in a different tab.

Imo, "Higher" should be used with conditional AP after a natural AP in a single tab, and not by itself.

E.g. Building level (Did a building level attack that yielded building level damage); Higher with X Attack (Just because)

On other stuff...

Speed: SuperHuman; Subsonic with divine power (Meta 3D Movement allows Kamito to run on water, which needs one to run at least 30 meters per second); Subsonic combat speed, Likely Higher (Reasons)

Stamina: Vastly SuperHuman (it sounds better imo) | same | same | Unknow (stated to have limitless divine power supply)

Intelligence: Combat Genius; He is a master of infiltration and assassination, and is known to trump superior foes through skill and analysis. He is able to anticipate enemy movements through their body language and muscle movement. However, due to years of living in isolation, he is not book-smart. (I think this flows better, and is shorter)

Weakness:

Dislikes killing and is weak in spirit magic. His skillset makes it so he finds difficulty in facing multiple opponents at a time, as well as non-human enemies. His unique constitution makes him resistant to healing magic.

Base - Est can't use her full power do to being cut off from her real body. Her curse absorption passes what she absorbs to Kamito, and will eventually kill him.

Ren Ashbell - Disadvantaged against Light attribute opponents.

Post-Tournament - Dual wielding drains stamina quickly. Demon King mode turns him into an uncontrollable berserker that does not differentiate between friend and foe.

Done and applied Gemmy's suggestions. Thank you for the help.

That's one profile updated, 4 more to go... which will likely be much longer, since they are really lacking.

(How the hell did I think those were "good", February-2016-me?)

I am amazed too, both at that and my twisted sense of completion back then. Thank goodness I changed.

I gathered some feats from Vol.16, which would make her Post-training key. But I don't remember her power pre-tournament as much.

What do you wish to change? Or should any profiles be deleted due to lack of quality?

We're fixing the profiles. Or rather, Golden does, and we're just helping when we can.

The profiles are a mess at the moment, with wonky scaling. So yeah.

These are the three worthwhile feats of Claire's from Volume 1, the first about speed, the 2nd about AP, and the 3rd about Striking Strength (I think)

1) <<The flame whip ignited furiously in the girl's hand and moved as if it was licking the water surface.

The idle red residue that remained on the tree trunks which had been cut were surprisingly smooth, without any trace of having been touched by fire. The attack had been so fast that the flames did not have the time to ignite the trees.>>

2) <<Fireball is a high level fire spirit magic spell that uses ultra-hot flames and can terribly burn up the object of its ire, leaving it completely traceless and unrecognizable. The spell's power is determined by the Elementalist's own divine energy and the contracted spirit's strength in combination. In Claire's case, her hot flames from either her magic or spirit could melt iron steel with ease, and if her opponent was an average spirit, it would be instantly eradicated.

The released fireball drew an arch in the air, then exploded in a large blast. The shockwave of the explosion knocked down the trees in the immediate surroundings and fallen tree trunks radiated from the explosion center.>>

3) Against Glasya-Labolas, a 10-meter tall rock golem military spirit, Claire manages to stop a striking fist from it with her Flame Tongue and partially restraint it while she's extremely weakened. The golem casually crushed the arena it was summoned in.

---

Also, I don't know if it adds anything, but Kamito later one-shots Glasya-Labolas. How much force would it need to slash through 10 meters of rock in 1 strike?

You can ask Gemmysaur, WilliamShadow/Blanked, and Celestial Pegasus to comment here if you wish.

Okay, things got little complicated for me. It's night for me now so i will answer tomorrow morning and i will see also about the suggestion of her having 3 keys instead of 4.

I think 3 keys would be enough, as we can just add Ortlinde to her Post-Tournament and Post-Training keys. And her offensive abilities don't increase much between Vol.1 and Vol.10, only leadership and teamwork. Post-tournament, she gets Flames of Elstein, End of Vermillion and limited access to Ortlinde. Post-training (Vol.16), she gets full access to Ortlinde, freezing flames, and much more stability in her powers, making her stronger.

I'll likely collect feats from Vol.2 and 3 for everyone this week.

@Golden I see, than tell me do you want to discuss Claire now or you prefer to collect some feats for others first, so we can scale from that as i honestly think it would be better.

That could work better, yes. I'll do that.

Just; from the 3 feats I listed above, can you try and estimate a sort of baseline for Claire? Or is too little info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back