• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Survival of the Fittest Tournament: Group B - Rubia Elstein vs K1B0 (Dragonronpa)

Group B:
Round 1:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Magic Girl vs Ultimate Robot ! Who will those the first 3 points and start their journey let's find out !

Results:
K1-B0 (Dragonronpa) 0
Rubia Elstein (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) 7 (DD, Speedster352, GoldenScorpions, Popted2, Fluffy, Kflare, FantaRin_The_First, Adam)
Inconclusive:
PUF7unF.jpg

Last edited:
What are their starting/haxes?

Welp, I might as well... chip in and do some support for Kiibo.

To my knowledge, the 'Ultimate Hope Robot' tends to abuse his flight capabilities and range spam with his weapons, energy projection, and rockets for what I know of his only 'true' fight in Danganronpa V3. The only time in which Kiibo entered melee range with his opponents, the Existals, was when his friends - Shuichi, Maki, Himiko, and Tsugumi - were in danger of being gunned down by them in which he kicked them away and began range-spamming to get attention away from them -
- So... Kiibo won't enter Rubia's range in character, first-and-foremost, so she probably won't be able to hit him all that much.

[11- For the location: All fights will take place in a fully sealed off-Island that is 20km squared wide that’s sealed off I mean that no participant can leave the park and that the air room is limited to 250 meters in height max. (To prevent stomps via flight without taking away the ability to fly) ]
^ So even with this rule in place, Kiibo starts off with an advantage due to how he fights. Could be wrong, tho

Like, I think there were some scenes in which he engaged in melee combat but I am nearly 100% sure the context behind those moments was due to him protecting his flesh-and-blood friends due to the fact range-spamming would 100% kill them in the crossfire.

Onto my second point of support for the Ultimate Hope Robot. Kiibo has Information Analysis that might help him in hitting Rubia. IDK, if that could actually happen. Rubia's Information Analysis and Instinctive Reaction is probably going to make it hard for him to hit her unless he relies on his AoE explosions produced from his weapons and rockets - which he does in character, so meh.

Gonna have to wait for Goldenscorpion to comment here so far Rubia seens to have far better abilities to counter Hope robot.
K1B0 AP = 2.15 Tons
Rubia AP = 4.68 Tons

I'll copy what I commented on the hub thread about Rubia

"She primarily uses swordsmanship + anything fire-related (fireballs, walls, hounds, etc) with large AoE, with the intent to overwhelm her opponent, with barriers here and there if needed. Depending on the situation, who her opponent is, and if they resist her well, she'll go into stronger attacks (vermillion, frost blaze, Muspelheim) and/or stat amp. Her haxxier abilities require a good opening to be used properly, and are harder to land otherwise.
tl;dr, pretty much everything is in character, but it depends on her opponent and how long the fight lasts, and some techniques are harder to use"

Rubia has plenty of experience fighting airborne enemies, like when she solo'ed a group of dragons and dragon-riders in Volume 9. Considering the upper sky limit is 250 meters, I don't think it's hard for Rubia to reach K1

What i'm curious about is how the Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution of K1 work. These types of abilities always work differently depending on the character

I'll copy what I commented on the hub thread about Rubia

"She primarily uses swordsmanship + anything fire-related (fireballs, walls, hounds, etc) with large AoE, with the intent to overwhelm her opponent, with barriers here and there if needed. Depending on the situation, who her opponent is, and if they resist her well, she'll go into stronger attacks (vermillion, frost blaze, Muspelheim) and/or stat amp. Her haxxier abilities require a good opening to be used properly, and are harder to land otherwise.
tl;dr, pretty much everything is in character, but it depends on her opponent and how long the fight lasts, and some techniques are harder to use"
Rubia has plenty of experience fighting airborne enemies, like when she solo'ed a group of dragons and dragon-riders in Volume 9. Considering the upper sky limit is 250 meters, I don't think it's hard for Rubia to reach K1
The problem for me is that, well... Rubia's range is extended melee range and several dozen meters with projectiles. Kiibo's range is several meters to kilometers with weapons and rockets. As I stated before, I don' think Kiibo doesn't go for h2h combat unless he absolutely has to do it (i.e to protect his friends), Rubia doesn't have that advantage... so there is nothing that stops Rubia from being range-spamming by Kiibo until she dies or gets k.o-ed.

What i'm curious about is how the Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution of K1 work. These types of abilities always work differently depending on the character
Not sure. I think there is some evidence in Kiibo's only fight which stated that he was slowly getting better - or because of the fact Kiibo could upgrade himself to become stronger. IDK. Methinks it won't matter much in this fight.

What exactly stops K1-B0 from range-spamming beams untill she's tired? Keebo completely outclasses in stamina as well, and he basically just adapts to the opponent untill he finds their weak point

If K1 relies on range-spamming, Rubia has the means to intercept the attacks, whether it's her own attacks, walls, forcefield, or her instinct reactions. She would also be able to sense the attacks coming if K1 tries to use a blind spot, or confuse him with illusions

Rubia fra
If K1 relies on range-spamming, Rubia has the means to intercept the attacks, whether it's her own attacks, walls, forcefield, or her instinct reactions. She would also be able to sense the attacks coming if K1 tries to use a blind spot, or confuse him with illusions
The stamina advantage of K1 is a fair point, but Rubia won't go down after just a few hours. She's got the energy to do that, plus she can prolong her activity with Healing, energy restoration and purification
Welp, as a Kiibo Aruger here, well... I should probably step up and argue his advantages here.

Rubia has Illusion Creation by manipulating temperature. Rubia also has Curse Manipulation, and Madness Manipulation (Type 2) as a result of Mind Manipulation with Word of Power, as well, ye? While hope doesn't have an answer for Curse Manipulation, Kiibo has Inorganic Physiology (Type 2), which from my understanding... should provide ample protection from Rubia's illusions and Mind Manipulation! I think...

Her Air Manipulation is also useless since Kiibo doesn't require oxygen, either. Additionally, Rubia can't just turtle down with her attacks, walls, forcefields, and instinctive reactions and wait for Kiibo to shut down/tire/knock himself out due to the fact while Rukia has exceedingly high stamina, Kiibo has extremely high stamina due to the fact that he can keep on going for a week straight.

She'll eventually slip up in her defenses due to the drastic stamina and range advantage Kiibo has over her... So... Hope Keeps Going FRA, imo! (Kiibo)

Last edited:
Considering the fight takes place on an island, there's going to be vegetation, likely some hills, maybe even some cliffs. With a specified upper limit, Rubia can close the vertical gap depending on where she is on the island.
Also because it's an island, another possibility is for Rubia to use her Isolation barrier if needed. She can also protect herself from elemental attacks with her elemental-weakening barriers.

Regardless of how much range-spamming is attempted, Rubia has multiple way to reduce the damage, or she could just as easily dodge the attacks. K1's attacks aren't homing, and because of the range gap and Rubia's senses, she'll be able to react to dodge the attacks easily.

Last edited:
Unless the abilities of the Inorganic physiology are specified, we can't just assume the wielder has those resistances, unless they're shown
"Non-Living Beings: Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them. This type of character is typically immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and is also unaffected by many common forms of Mind Manipulation, since they neither have an organic brain to be manipulated nor have a non-physical consciousness. Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation."

Honestly, I am in disagreement with your statements, Golden, so I'll do my best to cut through your words.

Considering the fight takes place on an island, there's going to be vegetation, likely some hills, maybe even some cliffs. With a specified upper limit, Rubia can close the vertical gap depending on where she is on the island.
Also because it's an island, another possibility is for Rubia to use her Isolation barrier if needed. She can also protect herself from elemental attacks with her elemental-weakening barriers.

Regardless of how much range-spamming is attempted, Rubia has multiple way to reduce the damage, or she could just as easily dodge the attacks. K1's attacks aren't homing, but because of the range gap and Rubia's senses, she'll be able to react to dodge the attacks easily.
I'll throw the spirit of your words back at you, Golden. We can't assume that the island is going to have those features unless stated. Also, keep in mind, 250 meters is huge, I don't think Rubia is capable of crossing that large vertical gap, plus, there is also the horizontal gap to take into consideration since there is nothing stopping Kiibo from flying far away whilst also attacking as Rubia tries to close the distance. The isolation Barrier doesn't stop Kiibo from carpet-bombing, which he likes to do when fighting. Elemental barriers are useless here since Kiibo has no elemental attacks whatsoever.

Dodging is also hard when there is a bunch of AoE Dragonball-style explosions popping up from everywhere due to the hope robot carpet-bombing everything in sight, as he does when fighting, if I recall, due to his rockets and arm cannon.

Stamina and Skill would also play a factor here if both has wincons, How experienced are both ?
Kiibo has the advantage in stamina here, he can specifically keep going for a week straight. Rubia is the more skilled one, but Kiibo won't enter her range of combat in character as he prefers to range-spam. Although, Kiibo's Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution which helps him adapts to the opponent until he finds their weak point helps mitigate the skill advantage Rukia to a degree.

Rubia is more skilled and has better reactions than Sjora, who casually handled Ellis and Rinslet, both of whom have access to danmaku. She's also defeated the likes of Leonora and stomped Claire, both of whom have access to large AoE attacks, against which she had no trouble blocking or dodging.

The isolation barrier can't stop K1 from carpet-bombing, no, but what it can do is hide Rubia's presense and allow her to sneak amidst the chaos of the explosions to get in range of K1. Illusions will help with that, making K1 believe she's in one location, while her real body is in the opposite direction. And information analysis will further help to allow Rubia to know K1's skill and capabilities, and knowing where/how to attack to land the best possible strike.
It's not that unlikely for Rubia to reach K1. It will require effort, but she has the means to.

Last edited:
Experience-wise, Rubia curb-stomped the tournament she was in the entire way, which included nearly all the Blade Dance characters that currently have profiles. She's the youngest person to ever reach the rank of "Elemental Queen" at 14, a title given to those who are only second to the in-universe equivalent of gods, and is considered to be a combat genius; she kept getting more skilled and face off enemies for the years after that, until she reached her position.
Most of her skills are top-tier and second to none, and she was able to formulate a 5-year-long plan which pretty much succeeded despite some unforeseen obstacles, proving her ability to improvise and get back on track. She lead a team composed of top-tier assassins, a master spellcaster, a reanimated personification of the Demon King's will, and one of the spirits of said Demon King, all of whom she's stronger than. She also surpasses the protagonist, who was stronger than both the aforementioned top-tier assassins and was considered the strongest Blade Dancer for a time. Later on, Rubia took control of an entire revolutionary force of people she'd never met and straight-up launched a war, for which she was prepared and knew what was coming for her in opposition.

tl;dr Her experience is equally top-tier in combat, book-smart, leader, shrine maiden, and strategist. Obvisouly, some of these are less useful than others within this match, but it's to showcase this girl is no joke

Last edited:
Experience-wise, Rubia curb-stomped the tournament she was in the entire way, which included nearly all the Blade Dance characters that currently have profiles. She's the youngest person to ever reach the rank of "Elemental Queen" at 14, a title given to those who are only second to the in-universe equivalent of gods, and is considered to be a combat genius; she kept getting more skilled and face off enemies for the years after that, until she reached her position. Most of her skills are top-tier and second to none, and she was able to formulate a 5-year-long plan which pretty much succeeded despite some unforeseen obstacles. She lead a team composed of top-tier assassins, a master spellcaster, a reanimated personification of the Demon King's will, and one of the spirits of said Demon King, all of whom she's stronger than. She also surpasses the protagonist, who was stronger than both the aforementioned top-tier assassins and was considered the strongest Blade Dancer for a time. Later on, Rubia took control of an entire revolutionary force of people she'd never met and straight-up launched a war, for which she was prepared and knew what was coming for her in opposition.
tl;dr Her experience is equally top-tier in combat, book-smart, leader, shrine maiden, and strategist. Obvisouly, some of these are less useful than others within this match, but it's to showcase this girl is no joke
She has my vote she seems way more impressive than K1 then.

Rubia is more skilled and far much better reactions than Sjora, but casually handled Ellis and Rinslet, both of whom have access to danmaku. She's also defeated the likes of Leonora and stomped Claire, both of whom have access to large AoE attacks, against which she had no trouble blocking or dodging.

The isolation barrier can't stop K1 from carpet-bombing, no, but what it can do is hide Rubia's presense and allow her to sneak amidst the chaos of the explosions to get in range of K1. Illusions will help with that, making K1 believe she's in one location, while her real body is in the opposite direction. And information analysis will further help to allow Rubia to know K1's skill and capabilities, and knowing where/how to attack to land the best possible strike.
It's not that unlikely for Rubia to reach K1. It will require effort, but she has the means to.
Experience-wise, Rubia curb-stomped the tournament she was in the entire way, which included nearly all the Blade Dance characters that currently have profiles. She's the youngest person to ever reach the rank of "Elemental Queen" at 14, a title given to those who are only second to the in-universe equivalent of gods, and is considered to be a combat genius; she kept getting more skilled and face off enemies for the years after that, until she reached her position. Most of her skills are top-tier and second to none, and she was able to formulate a 5-year-long plan which pretty much succeeded despite some unforeseen obstacles. She lead a team composed of top-tier assassins, a master spellcaster, a reanimated personification of the Demon King's will, and one of the spirits of said Demon King, all of whom she's stronger than. She also surpasses the protagonist, who was stronger than both the aforementioned top-tier assassins and was considered the strongest Blade Dancer for a time. Later on, Rubia took control of an entire revolutionary force of people she'd never met and straight-up launched a war, for which she was prepared and knew what was coming for her in opposition.
But honestly... all of these are impressive feats for Rubia, and they do help her win... Uh, well... I have never heard of the series she has come from before this tournament, tbh. So that's why I had a hard time believing that she could reach Kiibo with his flight and distance advantage.

... While I do want to keep on spouting hope lines, I know when I am beating. Rubia FRA. Who knows... With my luck, Kiibo might turn out to be the runner-up... Okay, NRG is probably going to be the one, but I am a hopeful person. heh.

Back