• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Survival of the Fittest Tournament: Joseph Joestar vs Rubia Elstein (Semi-Final -1)

Semi-Final: 1
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.

Contratuations to Popted2 and Goldenscorpions for making it into the Semi-Finals of this Tourney.🎉🥳
Time to find out will punch their ticket to the finals as Joseph Joestar from group A meets Rubia Elsteins from Group B here in this epic semi-finals.

Results:
Rubia Elstein (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance): 7 (GoldenScorpion, Epic, Vin, RandomGuy, Whycant, DD, AnimeHolic94)
(Voting On Hold for a week until Chariot shows up.)
Joseph Joestar (Jojo) : 4 (Popted2, Chariot, Glace, Fanta)
Inconclusive:

tzn2dne.jpg

Last edited:
After all this time, first time actively participating in a match including a Jojo... I hope it doesn't get too complicated...

Can someone explain how Joseph's Mind Control, Biological Manip, Water manip, and Magnetism manip work? His profile doesn't explain

these powers comes thanks to Hamon, an energy that Joseph do thanks to breath, and he can do these powers by channeling the Hamon through the beings or things

the thing is, while normally is more utilzed for Vampires and such, Hamon is dangerous for all flesh beings, because Hamon can be used for giving organ failure too,

and even to control beings by channeling Hamon to them,

Joseph is extremely intelligent so much that can predicti anything that his enemies will do or even say, even someone who has an iq of 400 has been predicted as well

he can do these powers by channeling the Hamon through the beings or things

the thing is, while normally is more utilzed for Vampires and such, Hamon is dangerous for all flesh beings, because Hamon can be used for giving organ failure too,

Okay, but how does he do that, exactly? What's the method/process? Does he need contact for any of that or is it ranged; can he create water/magnetism at will or is there a prerequisite; has there been an example of a counter or resist... this kind of info.

he needs contact yes, and another use of Hamon wich Joseph can do would be channeling the Hamon in leafs or birds in vicinity by taking control of the thanks to Hamon and throw them at her, and if he lands on her Hamon will be passed on her and giving organ failure

Joseph highly upscales from 2 tons, and his UHO reaches 6.5 tons

Rubia highly upscales from 4.68 tons
UHO is actually two one shots above 6.5, it one shots Kars' blade, which one shot Lisa lisa, who is 6.5.

UHO is actually two one shots above 6.5, it one shots Kars' blade, which one shot Lisa lisa, who is 6.5.
Doesn't that surpass High 8-C? If it's two on-shots, and lowballing how much AP is needed to do one, it would be 6.5 x 1.5 = 9.75 x 1.5 = 14.625 tons (and usually one-shotting implies a much bigger AP multiplier than x1.5)

No because that isn't how upscaling works, it's just two one shots above 6.5, nothing more, nothing less, no exact number exists to multiply, it's just basic scaling, maybe if the number it was scaling off was closer to baseline 8-B some upscaling could happen, but upscaling off the middle value? Well, even if it was a hundred one shots, he'd never get anything higher due to upscaling relegations. For our purposes, just assume he can one shot 6.5 dudes with this move, nothing more, nothing less.

I will list some things Rubia can do in this fight.

Most of Rubia's arsenal outranges Joseph, with large AoE. Hell Hounds and Flame Howl are homing attacks, End of Vermillion and Frost Blaze bypass durability, and Muspelheim is her strongest spell AP-wise. She can control her flames in such a way to make an area devoid of oxygen while boosting her fire's power and range, which is troublesome for Joseph. Her illusions are an option for feints and tricks.
Rubia has her own Information Analysis and Instinctive Reactions, while her senses and perception have been trained to the level of reaching borderline precognition, which works during combat too. Joseph seems to be smarter, though Rubia is a genius of her own right, reaching a level of skill and mastery of her craft that had never been seen before in history, combined with a strategic and methodical mind.
Rubia also has several methods of stat-amping herself, and healing and stamina-recovery if needed. In terms of defense, Rubia can activate a fire forcefield or create an Isolation Barrier (which can be cast quickly) which would depower Joseph. And with enough time, Word of Power can affect Joseph's mind, which he has no resistance against; while Rubia resists effects that mess with the mind as a result of her Elemental Queen training.

Considering the skill levels of both fighters, their instinctive reactions/analysis/experience, their proficiency in blocking or dodging, and how each has a potential one-shotting move, this looks to be a "whoever lands a hit first gains a considerable advantage".
In the context of this fight, I think Rubia's single most dangerous move is Frost Blaze, as they freeze anything they touch, including elements and energy, and it of course works just as well on people. With the range of the spell versus Joseph's (for the most part) melee or extended melee range, Rubia's best wincon outranges Joseph's best wincon.

You can say "Joseph can dodge", but Rubia isn't the type of fighter who's going to easily allow her opponent to freely move around, or to let opportunities slip by. Her own attributes, experience, senses and skill will allow her to keep harassing Joseph while keeping her distance. She's quickly realize Joseph is a melee fighter, so she won't carelessly rush in close to attack him.

Last edited:
I don't think there is much Joseph can do here, it'd be difficult to make use of his intellect with laying traps Aka what he did to deku when he **** stomped him when she can Chandra everything into ashes, and quickly burn away most of the environment, while he has the Ult overdrive, that's a one shot use, and the rest of the time he's hitting at a much lower AP, if he can even get close, I'd say Rubia outranges and burns everything in her path, for this reason, Im voting her

Rubia FRA for now unless Popted2 has more arguments, this is a semi final so I'll have to wait and see what JoJo supporters can bring to the table 👍

No because that isn't how upscaling works, it's just two one shots above 6.5, nothing more, nothing less, no exact number exists to multiply, it's just basic scaling, maybe if the number it was scaling off was closer to baseline 8-B some upscaling could happen, but upscaling off the middle value? Well, even if it was a hundred one shots, he'd never get anything higher due to upscaling relegations. For our purposes, just assume he can one shot 6.5 dudes with this move, nothing more, nothing less.
what do you think Chariot?

After all this time, first time actively participating in a match including a Jojo... I hope it doesn't get too complicated...

Can someone explain how Joseph's Mind Control, Biological Manip, Water manip, and Magnetism manip work? His profile doesn't explain
Btw, this is a simpler Jojo match up

Rubia seems to have quite a few notable advantages. Her near precog senses and AoE fire attacks means getting her to fall for a trap is pretty unlikely in this scenario (not entirely impossible, considering Joseph's Intellect, the favorable battlefield and the fact she has no intel on hamon and what it can do).

She can also use her fire to reduce oxygen in an area (wich is likely mitigated by the fact that a good part of Joseph's hamon training was keeping a stable breathing and constantly using hamon while wearing a mask made to inhibit his breathing.), has word of power wich i assume has hundreds of meters of range wich Joseph can't really counter or block, as well as OHKO ice manipulation that can also be used from range.

Can Frost Blaze and End of Vermillion be dodged or do they just spawn on the opponent/have huge AOE

she has no intel on hamon and what it can do
That's true and a good point, though conversely, Joseph has no intel on Rubia's spells. He doesn't preemptively know Frost Blaze isn't just fancy-looking flames but actually a death sentence, nor does he know about Word of Power, her illusions, her stat amps, or that Rubia is only a couple steps behind in genius
has word of power wich i assume has hundreds of meters of range wich Joseph can't really counter or block
Word of Power works with her applying magic to her words, so as long as Joseph can hear her voice, he's in range. The effect isn't immediate and cannot reach 100% control, but the effect does get strong rather quickly and, at the very least, it considerably reduces someone's movement and actions. Rubia's sister was targeted by this spell, who displayed some minor resistance to it, and her body was close to paralyzed and her mind was far less capable
Can Frost Blaze and End of Vermillion be dodged or do they just spawn on the opponent/have huge AOE
They can be dodged as the flames have to travel from Rubia's hand (or close surroundings in the case of making a magic circle) to the target destination, but they however have a large AoE; with equalized speed, fully escaping attacks with large AoE is hard, especially since Joseph doesn't seem to have a way to block them. I believe out of Rubia's spells that Fire Wall and Fire Burst can be summoned anywhere within range, while the other fire attacks are shot from where she is. With that said, even if Hell Hounds and Flame Howl aren't as crazy as FB or EoV, they are homing and Flame Howl can explode, which adds another option to get and damage Joseph.

Chariot do you have more input to say?

Probably but I've been busy lately, and I doubt anyone wants to wait a week till I have time. So do whatever pleases you.

I'm leaning towards Rubia, but I'll wait for them to respond as well.
If they don't you can consider me as voting for Rubia.

Might have some time coming up, so just to understand, someone give me the laydown on the precog, to what extent does this apply?
Like are we talking just really good analytical prediction or can she like sense some shit like an invisible gas leak from a mile away type shit or that someone laced her breakfast with a tasteless, scentless, toxin without having any indication they did it.

are we talking just really good analytical prediction
Rubia's precog is in this realm. It's an extension of her analytical prediction, senses and extrasensory perception. For example, she avoided death from a 1-hit kill move she'd never seen before by readjusting her body's position mid-thrust, thanks her precog activating concerning that move.

So it wouldn't proc for things she doesn't know is coming or can't see?

Restricting to just what's combat-applicable, she didn't know about that 1-hit kill attack, its nature, or what it did, but she still managed to prevent death by last-moment understanding the attack through her senses/analysis/perception. So, it can proc on things she doesn't know, but the prediction has to be tied to something that isn't too far-removed from what is happening in the fight.
Like, I doubt she'd be able to predict Amaterasu from Naruto, or Avada Kedavra from Harry Potter, or Shadow the Hedgehog stopping time, but predicting the opponent's movements or possible attacks based on how they move their body, or predicting an attack that's an extension of something already present or of another attack should be possible.

So effectively, if she see's something happening? She can analyze that it's dangerous or how to avoid it? But she wouldn't be able to precog like, a dude ten kilometers away about to snipe her?

Back