• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Also looked through Arthur and Firebrand (despite being normally an anti-hero, he is more of a villain in MvC's continuity unlike Tron)'s information for their future pages because why not (besides more Capcom profiles).
For Arthur's biographies in MvC3, Official Complete Works and Infinite, it is said that he is an expert wielder of holy weapons & armors, and skilled at rapidly hurling spears, swords and other weapons toward his enemies with precision and timing as he lectured to Hsien-Ko (obviously applies only for intelligence). He does have Martial Arts from his normal light attacks, some weapons/moves like Goddess' Bracelet allow for Danmaku and using Golden/Emperor Armor while in boxers allows him to restore his silver armor (Cloth/Metal Manipulation - besides enhancing his weapons in a next form).

For standard equipment, Arthur has large lances (clearer to see from his assist role in MvC1; up to three in that game or two in MvC3/MvCI - also a melee weapon), swords (melee), daggers (up to three; melee), axes, bombs, scythes (also boomerangs), a scatter crossbow and Swallow Blade, all throwing out of nowhere (Dimensional Storage), except vine whips and a shield (Attack Reflection for melee/Minor Power Nullification for projectiles; a bashing weapon). Funnily, he is one of the characters to have his age (28) revealed unlike others.

I wonder if his DLC costume where he's just a skeleton (even getting his skin back when wearing an "armor") applies for immortality or something (and sensing Akuma's air of a demon).

According to every biography, Firebrand is considered to be an elite warrior among the Red Arremers in Demon Village, In Infinite, after beating him in a match, Arthur claimed that he used to have much more trouble with the likes (Red Arremers) of him at first, saying that his practice made him stronger.
Arthur is the last character I’d expect to have a confirmed age. Well, there is him and Shuma to a degree. Still, not the choices you would expect

The DLC skin probably can’t be used for Arthur’s abilities, but sensing Akuma’s demonic air would count for something

"M. Bison has worked hard to enhance his Psycho Power. Many, many battles ensued in his laboratory as Bison drew from the power of the fight. But his lab rats were only cowards, for hatred wields more power than fear. Bison craves to battle against true warriors. He hears of a warrior named Ryu who defeated Sagat in Thailand. Suddenly Bison's body glows into a blue flash in anticipation of confronting Ryu and using his Psycho Crusher signature move."
ooooh this seems like good evidence for Accelerated Development and maybe Limited Light Manipulation

I also found another supporting feat for his rating.

Oh btw, do you have the Official Complete Works bio yet or do you want me to grab it?

Bit of an update. I forgot that literally every character in Infinite can reflect projectiles

I'm gonna have to go and add Attack Reflection to some pages now

With Advancing Guard?
Yeah, they added a universal technique that lets every character reflect attacks like energy projectiles and missiles

Advancing guard itself has never really been anything warranting an ability except for this

Yeah, I'm only now learning about it. Thats admittedly a really insane mechanic

Should we add High 5-A with the Time Stone to Frank's profile?
Something like "'''Dwarf Star level''' with the Time Gem (Alongside Iron Man, Frank was amplified enough to where he could defeat Thanos, who is described as an alien with sheer power that [ dwarfs] Galactus)" should be good

Something like "'''Dwarf Star level''' with the Time Gem (Alongside Iron Man, Frank was amplified enough to where he could defeat Thanos, who is described as an alien with sheer power that [ dwarfs] Galactus)" should be good

Hmmm in that case would Iron Man get higher with the Time Stone or somethin?

Hmmm in that case would Iron Man get higher with the Time Stone or somethin?
Yeah, he would. For Iron Man specifically, his ratings would probably look like this (ideally after I get X and Zero out)

High 5-A, higher with the Time Gem, even higher with X-Factor. High 5-A to 2-C with Preparation

Yeah, he would. For Iron Man specifically, his ratings would probably look like this (ideally after I get X and Zero out)

High 5-A, higher with the Time Gem, even higher with X-Factor. High 5-A to 2-C with Preparation
2-C????? Ah yea cuz of the Infinity Buster, but DAYUM

2-C????? Ah yea cuz of the Infinity Buster, but DAYUM
Dante said that his plan of using 4 Infinity Stones wouldn’t work, and it would require Doctor Strange channeling the power of the entire cast to power the IB. I think giving X that rating would work under those circumstances but not Tony.

Dante said that his plan of using 4 Infinity Stones wouldn’t work, and it would require Doctor Strange channeling the power of the entire cast to power the IB. I think giving X that rating would work under those circumstances but not Tony.
Hmmm, right that is a good point

I won't be giving X that rating on his page, but when I make The Resistance team page, it'll be added given it applies there

Revised version

High 5-A, higher with the Time Gem, even higher with X-Factor. Far higher with Preparation

Here's a more specific draft up

Dwarf Star level (Considers Hawkeye, who is also capable of defeating the World Eater, a two-bit punk, classifying him as a "second-tier" Avenger. Implied to have fought with Captain America in the past. Can aid in the battle against Galactus and was even capable of beating him, albeit barely), higher with the Time Gem (Alongside Frank West, Iron Man was amplified enough to where he could defeat Thanos, who is described as an alien with sheer strength that dwarfs Galactus), even higher with X-Factor. Far higher with Preparation (In the 4th grade, Tony could build a robot similar to X and Zero, who are easily superior to the original Mega Man. Created the Galactus-Buster Armor. Has built a Hulkbuster Armor before, with its main intention being to take on the Hulk one-on-one. With the help of Thanos, created the Infinity Buster, a device intended for X’s use which amplifies the power of four Infinity Gems at once to unleash a devastatingly powerful blast)

Last edited:
If I went by the ones I’ve made? I’m still very happy with how Ryu’s came out. Same with Dante’s

Choosing the one’s I didn’t make is tougher because thanks to the help provided, we’ve gotten a lot of great pages
Yeah ryu is cool

also Thanos using ryu’s power is interesting to say the least

Ngl if they make a new Mvc game I hope they make Iron Mans base costume the Model 70 (also Iron God would go crazy)

Also imagine they gave Thor the Odinforce???

But to answer this, for the ones I’ve made, it’s a tie between Akuma and Iron Man. As for the ones I didn’t make I’d have to go with Blackheart
What makes black heart cool?

After giving it some thought, if I were to choose my favourite profiles made by other users, it would be either Akuma or Tron Bonne

Back