• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

I find it pretty cool how Secret Invasion was mentioned in this verse.
I’d add Earth Manipulation since due to having The Thing’s powers, he can cover parts of his body in rocks. He also has Forcefield Manipulation as shown whenever he blocks attacks (a reference to the Invisible Woman’s powers)

I’d add Earth Manipulation since due to having The Thing’s powers, he can cover parts of his body in rocks. He also has Forcefield Manipulation as shown whenever he blocks attacks (a reference to the Invisible Woman’s powers)
*Forcefield Creation

And all done.

Just added missing abilities for the Infinity Gems from character pages and Magneto/Juggernaut's respectively in Marvel Super Heroes (a forcefield that reduces the damage and Hyper Armor, which temporarily makes Marko virtually invulnerable - he already has Super Armor by default).

Also fun fact. Did you know Doc Ock was planned for MvC3? They got far enough to where they had a full moveset, artwork, and a theme. However his tentacles caused problems for the game, so he was scrapped

That’s a piece of lost media that has me far too curious. MvC (aside from Infinite) does a fantastic job capturing the spirit of the Marvel characters with completely original themes. I’m far too curious about what their design and theme for Octavius would’ve been

I’m also curious about what his voice casting would’ve been. They had Josh Keaton reprise his role as Spider-Man there, so would they have also used the SSM Ock voice? A part of me thinks they may have gone for someone else

Also another cool fact. Regarding characters, Kingpin was almost a playable character. Capcom decided they wanted to choose between him or M.O.D.O.K. and ultimately went with the latter

Wait really? I don't know too much about Kingpin, so I wonder how his moveset would've been.

Also hear me out: Impossible Man would be a fun character to play as

I read through a list of apparently confirmed cuts, and I'm going to say, the Fantastic Four were planned as one character (Human Torch was completed and functional like Otto, but replaced by Super-Skrull because fire effects took up too much RAM). Silver Surfer's board couldn't be incorporated into the engine, though it should've been interesting to see how his moveset can be made. Capcom really loved Shuma-Gorath (Psylocke should've made sense for Hiryu, I can agree), indeed.

For their side, Breath of Fire, Onimusha and Red Earth (same for Tessa with Strange) interested me. Gene should have obviously been among the High 5-A cast if he made it (moveset being around Dante's level complexity-wise with his own gimmick). Still felt weird for seeing X as Zero's non-special costume.

I read through a list of apparently confirmed cuts, and I'm going to say, the Fantastic Four were planned as one character (Human Torch was completed and functional like Otto, but replaced by Super-Skrull because his fire effects took up too much RAM). Silver Surfer's board couldn't be incorporated into the engine, though it should've been interesting to see how his moveset can be made. Capcom really loved Shuma-Gorath (Psylocke should've made sense for Hiryu, I can agree), indeed.

For their side, Breath of Fire, Onimusha and Red Earth (same for Tessa with Strange) interested me. Gene should have obviously been among the High 5-A cast if he made it (moveset being around Dante's level complexity-wise with his own gimmick). Still felt weird for seeing X as Zero's non-special costume.
I remember hearing the reason Shuma-Gorath was chosen back in MSH was because they didn't wanna pick Strange as they thought too many caped characters would be boring, yet still wanted to represent the mystic side of Marvel. So they chose Shuma and Marvel was good with that. For MvC3, I know Marvel really didn't want Shuma in, but Capcom was able to win that debate at the cost of making him DLC

Once I get Taskmaster up (hopefully soon), I'll be updating the combat intelligence of some specific characters

Btw I forgot if its in your draft or not, but Super-Skrull has a hyphen in his name for when you post it. I forgot that detail for awhile lol @Isaiah_ZaMangaka

@Lonkitt rq, I know we can't use the intro trailers for feats and scaling purposes (obviously), but what about evidence for abilities? Asking so I can include that one scene where Super-Skrull goes invisible against Amaterasu & Viewtiful Joe

@Lonkitt rq, I know we can't use the intro trailers for feats and scaling purposes (obviously), but what about evidence for abilities? Asking so I can include that one scene where Super-Skrull goes invisible against Amaterasu & Viewtiful Joe
Oh you wouldn't need the trailer for that. We already know he can go Invisible due to the powers he has from the Fantastic Four (but for more concrete evidence, he turns invisible during Meteor Smash and Elastic Slam)

Anyways, the trailer footage wouldn't be needed

Thx brotha, also Im thinking of doing a capcom villain next (since we only got three on the page rn), I'm thinking I could maybe give M. Bison a shot
I know the amount we have of Marvel villains currently, but Magneto feels like a next logical profile from their section (though maybe we'll focus on Capcom now).

Almost thought Captain America would also have a "Combat Genius" rating, given his victory quote to Taskmaster claiming him as nothing but a pale imitation.

Last edited:
Just in case, I'll bring Magneto and M. Bison's profiles/biographies here.
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom Manual (The Master of Magnetism)
    • "The malevolent Magneto seeks to dominate mankind, to bring about a world under mutant control- with himself as leader. The very magnetic fields of the Earth are Magneto's to control, and he will use those powers to destroy any who stand between him and his goals. He can unleash devastating attacks like the Hyper X Airbeam Sliding attack (alternate name for Magnetic Shockwave)- massive damage! Attack when you can, with everything you have, and defend yourself by any means possible!"
  • Marvel Super Heroes/X-Men vs. Street Fighter Manual (checked both and they do share a description)
    • "The master of magnetism, Erik Magnus Lehnsherr will stop at nothing to see his dream of mutant domination over the world realized! At one time a close friend of Professor X, Lehnsherr now hides his features behind the fearsome helmet of Magneto. The master of magnetism is the enemy of the X-Men, and is one of the most feared villains in the Marvel Universe (supporting feat for his High 5-A tier)."
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Official Site (Magnetic Field King)
    • "X-Men's biggest nemesis and worthy opponent. A genius scientist (Genius Intelligence) with the ability to freely manipulate magnetism. He briefly settled and served as commander of the X-Men and leader of the X-Men's reserve force, the New Mutants."
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • Abilities: "Has the power to manipulate magnetism and metal (Metal Manipulation) at will. He can create magnetic barriers (Forcefield Creation) that are able to withstand nuclear explosions, and by altering geomagnetism, he can cause changes in the Earth's crust (Earth Manipulation?), and even ignite volcanoes (Magma Manipulation)."
    • Weapons: Anything that can be controlled through magnetism.
    • Profile: "A survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II, he developed the idea that genetically superior mutants should be the ones to rule over mankind. Fighting for the sake of mutantkind, he is a calculating character (supporting intelligence feat) who stops at nothing to achieve his goals."
  • Marvel vs. Capcom Official Complete Works
    • "A survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II, Erik "Magnus" Lensherr came to believe that genetically superior mutants should be the ones to rule over mankind. Fighting for the sake of mutantkind, he is a calculating character who stops at nothing to achieve his goals. True to his namesake, Magneto has the power to manipulate magnetism and metal at will. He can create magnetic barriers that are able to withstand nuclear explosions, and by altering Earth's geomagnetism, he can affect changes in the planet's crust, and even ignite volcanoes. While Magneto doesn't carry a weapon, he can - and often does - fashion them out of anything that can be manipulated by his magnetic powers (Weapon Creation).
Didn't include Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter's profile since it doesn't bring up anything to note.
  • X-Men vs. Street Fighter Manual
    • "M. Bison has worked hard to enhance his Psycho Power. Many, many battles ensued in his laboratory as Bison drew from the power of the fight. But his lab rats were only cowards, for hatred wields more power than fear. Bison craves to battle against true warriors. He hears of a warrior named Ryu who defeated Sagat in Thailand. Suddenly Bison's body glows into a blue flash in anticipation of confronting Ryu and using his Psycho Crusher signature move."
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Official Site
    • "The boss of the drug organization Shadaloo, who manipulates strong warriors with the evil power "Psycho Power" and plans to conquer the world."
Lonkitt's thread said it could be argued that Bison is slightly stronger than Magneto as a description in his ending reads "It was a desperate battle... But Bison's Psycho Power eventually overwhelmed even Magneto". Given how we once brought up English releases using generic quotes, I've found a post involving XMvSF's Japanese pre-battle dialogues (a reply/comment has kanji ready), in case if we manage to find something interesting (no need to, but felt like bringing up).

Also looked through Arthur and Firebrand (despite being normally an anti-hero, he is more of a villain in MvC's continuity unlike Tron)'s information for their future pages because why not (besides more Capcom profiles).
For Arthur's biographies in MvC3, Official Complete Works and Infinite, it is said that he is an expert wielder of holy weapons & armors, and skilled at rapidly hurling spears, swords and other weapons toward his enemies with precision and timing as he lectured to Hsien-Ko (obviously applies only for intelligence). He does have Martial Arts from his normal light attacks, some weapons/moves like Goddess' Bracelet allow for Danmaku and using Golden/Emperor Armor while in boxers allows him to restore his silver armor (Cloth/Metal Manipulation - besides enhancing his weapons in a next form).

For standard equipment, Arthur has large lances (clearer to see from his assist role in MvC1; up to three in that game or two in MvC3/MvCI - also a melee weapon), swords (melee), daggers (up to three; melee), axes, bombs, scythes (also boomerangs), a scatter crossbow and Swallow Blade, all throwing out of nowhere (Dimensional Storage), except vine whips and a shield (Attack Reflection for melee/Minor Power Nullification for projectiles; a bashing weapon). Funnily, he is one of the characters to have his age (28) revealed unlike others.

I wonder if his DLC costume where he's just a skeleton (even getting his skin back when wearing an "armor") applies for immortality or something (and sensing Akuma's air of a demon).

According to every biography, Firebrand is considered to be an elite warrior among the Red Arremers in Demon Village, In Infinite, after beating him in a match, Arthur claimed that he used to have much more trouble with the likes (Red Arremers) of him at first, saying that his practice made him stronger.

Last edited:
Back