• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Ah yes, MvC, one of the most famous fighting game franchises of all time...yet only has 1 (?) profile here

regardless of that, feel free to discuss here about Marvel vs Capcom!
images

Just bumping for recent news (they really should release a collection for consoles with The Punisher, since TMNT are getting one this month).

Haggar and Hsien-Ko seem to have a weird case of Resistance to Perception Manipulation. Shuma-Gorath is stated in the games to appear before other creatures as whatever they fear most, but Haggar and Hsien-Ko's pre-battle quotes imply they only see him as a squid eyeball guy and express no fear in the process

Lookin' good! I only got GIFs of Spider-Man's throws and special attacks left for his notable attacks/techniques section (Crawler Assault does also leave afterimages in pre-MvC3 titles; may continue with Wolverine and Captain America depending on videos I find).

Great work! The gifs I’ve seen in your sandbox look great

I’ll be making Cyclops’ page next. After that I’ll go for Spider-Man and somebody else

It looks good. The only nitpick I have is that I believe that Sealing would fit better than Energy Manipulation for the Space Stone. Trapping the opponent in a large box that they can’t escape from sounds more like Sealing than Energy Manipulation.
Yeah, I think you're right. Don't know how that flew over my head

Thank you Tony for adding that while I was asleep

Speaking of calcs, I think its worth having Zangief's 6-B feat evaluated, since he has no instances of scaling to the High 5-A characters
Quite embarrassing for someone who looks physically stronger and even faced Hulk in one of the promotional trailers for MvC2's re-release (though you said scaling from those don't count and his canon self's at 9-A), but there.

Not sure. Not quite sure what his rating'll be yet either

I'm gonna be making a lot of pages, just not sure how Abyss' will go

Also I’ll be making Spider-Man’s profile next. Once I have the last gifs needed in Tony’s notable techniques draft, I should be able to get this out faster

Of course they aren't really necessary to include, like I see on Ryu and Cyclops' pages (besides, going to sleep soon so I'll do that later after you published it).

Yeah, that's true. I can see if I can get the page up sooner and later on if you get the gifs, we can edit them into the page

In 3 iirc
Not as a playable character, however. But rather in Magneto's UMvC3 ending.

Speaking of speedsters, I wonder if Lonkitt gives low-tier/High 6-B characters either a different speed tier or keeps them the same.

Yeah, that's true. I can see if I can get the page up sooner and later on if you get the gifs, we can edit them into the page

EDIT: Just wanted to tell that I managed to get all of the left GIFs uploaded, so you can add them straight into the page upon publishing it.

Last edited:
Back