• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

So um I wasn't here for the whole Abyss thing but doesn't the story imply he was destroying the universe or something ? Haven't played it in a hot minute but I thought something like that happened

So um I wasn't here for the whole Abyss thing but doesn't the story imply he was destroying the universe or something ? Haven't played it in a hot minute but I thought something like that happened
If there is something implying Abyss was capable of a feat of that magnitude, its long out of reach. Probably in a magazine scan I can't get

Speaking of Abyss, I've been seeing universal statements too, although it's all on the MvC wiki. Can't find any direct evidence either but I can keep trying.

Alright, so....I was looking at Phoenix's bio and based on what it says? She's can reach lot higher than High 5-A given it states she can destroy entire galaxies

This wouldn't scale to anyone btw. Except for maybe Wesker's prep time high end

Oh right. And this doesn't scale to Onslaught's statement that puts him above Thanos and Galactus (who we knew existed as far back as MSH due to scans), as in entries like XMCotA, Jean is still seen as he Pre-Phoenix self

Oh right. And this doesn't scale to Onslaught's statement that puts him above Thanos and Galactus (who we knew existed as far back as MSH due to scans), as in entries like XMCotA, Jean is still seen as he Pre-Phoenix self
Make a note in the profile, just in case someone ask why others Characters no are in that level

Good call. Also this debatably only scales to Dark Phoenix, but I’ll hear anyone out on their thoughts
Hmmm, it says as the avatar of Phoenix she can do it, and not specifically the Dark Phoenix 🤔

For now, I’d agree with 3-C base Phoenix (or at the very least High 5-A up to 3-C)

3-C in base is likely gonna be the outcome here, yeah. The statement implies that. Thought I'd bring that up sooner than later in case it was argued

Yeah, it is pretty neat how she's stronger than a majority of the verse. The only people who surpass her need to do so with Infinity Gems

If we are going by Gameplay alone it's unscalable b/c Dark Phoenix with X-Factor is...

On a serious note her ending implies despite seeing the heroes combined efforts, Phoenix is very confident she can solo them. So it may not actually be scalable to the main cast.

If we are going by Gameplay alone it's unscalable b/c Dark Phoenix with X-Factor is...

On a serious note her ending implies despite seeing the heroes combined efforts, Phoenix is very confident she can solo them. So it may not actually be scalable to the main cast.
Oh, it isn't scalable at all. Rn she's a lonely 3-C

Oh, it isn't scalable at all. Rn she's a lonely 3-C
Unless you count Wesker's high end prep rating, but that's very much something that isn't straightforward scaling and is very specific

Still looking for that interview regarding Abyss, not going too well. For now, I'll finish up Carol
I know that people have physical copies of the magazines where the statements came up. But there's no online scans or anything I've found. Unfortunately, truly

Indeed, maybe one day, someone with a physical copy might show up for a potential CRT. For now, I'm going with "At least High 6-B, likely far higher"
At least he’s got three keys to upscale himself for now

If Abyss does end up getting some crazy Tier 2 stuff, that might change the scaling game. But it may depend since I believe what the scans claim suggested it was overtime. Hopefully we get an answer

Do we have the name of the magazine ?
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2, "The Approaching Mystery of the Last Boss!!". From Monthly Arcadia #7 (May 30, 2000), Page 30.

-Marvel vs. Capcom 2, "Capcom Side New Character: Ruby Heart". From Dreamcast Magazine #57 (February 4, 2000), Page 174.

-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Graphic Arts, concept art featured in Monthly Arcadia Vol.3 (March 30, 2000)

Note: I actually do think I’ve seen relevant scans of the concept art in that last one that would require translating. Said concept art actually provides bios for Ruby Heart, Amingo, and Sonson. I don’t think those scans in particular are as relevant to Abyss’ possibly huge feat, but we do at least have some stuff possibly worth translating

I have to wonder about the argument of Galactus's fight leaving Jean weakened in the first place.
A few problems there:

A) Guys like Spider-Man and Cap (who appear in Wesker’s ending) are well above Galactus in the scaling chain, so keep that in mind
B) It’s technically dubious as to what exactly weakened them, since in other endings, Spider-Man stands over Galactus victoriously and in Jean’s ending, she’s similarly not tired at all
C) Jean very well could’ve been holding waaaaaay back in that specific scenario, especially given her fear of using her power to its full extent

Basically, it’s very unlikely Galactus could or even did reasonably weaken Phoenix or even Spider-Man and Cap for that sake in any of the endings

Also keeping in mind that they were in weakened enough states for a High 6-B character to kidnap them, paired with Wesker mentioning how he was "left to his own devices" which was a huge mistake on the part of the heroes, I feel like that more so implies he was responsible for them being weakened since I doubt Galactus could put them in that kind of state

Galactus being fodder among the High 5-As in MvC is not something I ever expected
Its really weird comparing it to the comics. Its not even a case of "Spider-Man upscales Galactus". Its a case of "Spider-Man defeated a guy who upscales a guy who dwarves Galactus in power". Of course, the High 5-A scaling has a bit of a meta, with dudes like Hawkeye only really scaling to Galactus while somebody like Akuma is considerably much higher than that. Still, it is very unexpected

Back