• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Would you be willing to calculate the potential energy of Spider-Man supporting the Daily Bugle?

There was also a story in which he held up part of a subway tunnel.

Anyway, I don't particularly mind making Spider-Man, and characters scaled from him, "At least 8-C" based on this calculation, but then we would have to downscale Captain America, and characters scaled from him, to "At least 9-A" as well. Wolverine's adamantium-enhanced durability against blunt impacts should be higher though.

Yes, that seems like a much more reasonable tier.

I'd suggest adding the issue number with any feat from the comics for easier navigation and being able to find out the basis from now on.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, I don't particularly mind making Spider-Man, and characters scaled from him, "At least 8-C" based on this calculation, but then we would have to downscale Captain America, and characters scaled from him, to "At least 9-A" as well. Wolverine's adamantium-enhanced durability against blunt impacts should be higher though.
If we did that, that would be basically ignoring there feats.

I think that Captain America is supposed to be considerably physically weaker than Spider-Man.

Small Building Level would be major downplay for 616 IMO. Just a remind that Spidey still scales to Luke Cage and Shocker, who drew blood from Cage.

What was calculated was small building level/below and the building level feats up there get knocked done by inverse law.

I personally consider an 8-A Captain America to be ridiculously exaggerated. 9-A to 8-C is far more reasonable, without using outliers.

Can somebody summarise all the calculations that his current ranking is based on?

Also, Spider-Man supporting a skyscraper is a high end feat compared to his usual showings.

Back