• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Marvel is much harder to rate properly than other franchises in this wiki, due to a combination of its extreme inconsistency and that it takes reading such a massive amount of comicbooks before your start to get a grasp on how it works.

Antvasima said:
Marvel is much harder to rate properly than other franchises in this wiki, due to a combination of its extreme inconsistency and that it takes reading such a massive amount of comicbooks before your start to get a grasp on how it works.
Can't deny that. It's such a pain in the ass. Trust me, I've looked for the feats on the wiki and wasted hours to get the source material and comic book number just to read the story.

Yes, it really is a major nuisance to deal with.

I think we should discuss who should be Sub-Rel and Sub-Rel+ first. Rogue and Silk have a Sub-Rel feat and Fin Fang Foom and Iron Man have Sub-Rel+ feats.

Okay. Feel free to come up with a list of suggestions.

We should first upgrade Rogue and Silk to Sub-Relativistic, and Fin Fang Foom to Sub-Relativistic+.

Silk being sub-rel and Spidey being MHS+ also makes sense, bc Silk is very baseline Sub-Relativistic. Maybe we should add "not overwhelmingly slower than Silk" for Spider-Man too. (EDIT: Already there)

I suppose that seems fine, but we need to figure out which of our profiles that should scale from them.

Okay, but somebody needs to check through the category list of all Marvel profiles, and make a smaller list of which characters that need to be updated.

I am personally inclined to agree that 8-C seems more reasonable for characters like Captain America and Deadpool, but a revision would require collaboration from Matthew Schroeder and Sandman31.

Okay. Marvel is always very hard for us to get revisions for though, but you can ask Matthew Schroeder and Sandman31 to comment here.

We would also need some calculated 8-C feat to scale from.

Skyggen said:
I strongly disagree with the 8-A rating. The durability of Deadpool and Wolverine are not scalable to their strength. Deadpool had his bones and tissues strengthened and regenerated. Wolverine has his Adamantium skeleton in addition to regenerating himself. Honestly, it's ridiculous to think that they can destroy even big buildings when they usually demonstrate consistently being on the same level of characters as Daredevil and Punisher who are 9-A. I know, Deadpool and Wolverine can hurt characters with their durability. But their durability is VERY variable. They are constantly injured by 9-A characters. And they NEVER demonstrated a destructive feat even close to that. The same goes for Captain America. Even because we do not know how much his shield absorbed the impact on that feat, and apparently it happened on a beach, then the destructive value of the sand would be much lower than that of the rock. I think Wolverine and Deadpool should be 9-A/8-C, with MCB durability. Characters such as Captain America, Black Panther and Iron Fist should be 9-A/8-C and have equal durability. This would be consistent with the fact that these characters are generally shown to be comparable to characters like Daredevil, Punisher and Hawkeye. I mean, we've already seen Captain America being comparable to the Kingpin, Iron Fist being comparable to Elektra, it makes no sense that some street tier are 8-A (for feats that do not scale their durability to their AP) and other 9-A. All must be 9-A/8-C, but Deadpool and Wolverine must have MCB durability. Well, that's my opinion. I'm just using logic. Deadpool could never destroy a building with a punch. Wolverine too. Cap too. I think my arguments make sense. The OBD itself places the Deadpool as 9-A and MCB durability.
Where discussing speed here pal. Ever heard of potency? Your entire argument is based on outright destructive capabilities .... which we don't use here, we use potency here. And the ODB is outdated as hell, most of their members either quit going there or just lost interest.

Well, I also think that we rate the Low 7-C and 8-A Marvel characters too high.

Please remember that I'm making a big Marvel revision thread in a few days, that practically discusses most of this stuff (upgrades and downgraded) in addition to a full cosmological breakdown. Just saying so people understand they might end up repeating the same thing in a few days.

Deadpool brushed off a mini-nuke and emerged only with tattered clothing. And Wolvie's skeleton grants him Solar System level durability, his skin wasn't even scratched when he was punched to Georgia.

And Cap has been shown to be literally immune to lower-end calibers, a futuristic gun only tore off his suit, but it didn't even penetrate his skin. And there was a calc by Alakabamm which confirmed that to be fully bulletproof, you'd need to have at least City Block level durability.

Also Skyggen, if we did not use kinetic energy feats, we'd have to downgrade a lot of the characters we have here, so saying no to KE feats just because you don't like it really doesn't cut it. At all. This isn't OBD, we don't use their outdated terms anymore.

The explosion was literally around Cap, you cannot deny that. If you were standing in the epic centre of an explosion holding a shield, you will still die.

>Cap is not bulletproof

Wut.

Did you not read Matthew's respect thread?

Even if Cap got harmed by bullets, bullets are like one of the most inconsistent things in fiction. Many stronger characters were hurt by bullets merely because they are "sharp", eg. Wonder Woman or some versions of Hulk.

Let's not forget Thor's infamous bullet scene. That guy was also shown to be literally impervious to bullets, IIRC.

And Wolverine's been shot too, and sometimes even emerged completely unharmed (he didn't regen, forgot which scan tho).

Sera EX said:
Please remember that I'm making a big Marvel revision thread in a few days, that practically discusses most of this stuff (upgrades and downgraded) in addition to a full cosmological breakdown. Just saying so people understand they might end up repeating the same thing in a few days.
Who/what are those upgrades and downgrades focusing on if I may ask?

Sera is still investigating in order to do this properly, and Marvel revisions have to wait until we are done with DC Comics.

Hmm nrelated but I stand with Spino and KLOL on Cap and Pool

I have no real issue with the speeds above (not sure who it should scale to)

Sorry for the necro, but just wondering if we could make newer thread, just to sum up all the things that are going to be changed.

The dura downgrade thing has been debunked with the fact being that Deadpool's regen is too slow for him to recover quickly enough from his feats, as even a finger takes him too long to heal. Thus, 8-A remains.

Also, 3 more 8-A feats will be added soon.

Back