• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so bad about using the 5-B Version of the Hulk calculation still, and maintaining the 5-B / High 5-A / 4-B balance?

I also don't think the Thing feats are so unreliable.

We cannot just "use this version" of a calc, because that is rather random and does not reflect which calc is most accurate.

Cropfist said:
I am not sure, but there are 4 different results for this feat, so it has to be overhauled in full.
Just a heads up, the Low 4-C calc of Hulk's feat was intentionally highballed to try and make it an Outlier and thus unusable.

Because what's more fitting with our scaling chains shouldn't be the deciding factor, at all. It should be what's more accurate.

This whole forced balanced in the Marvel characters tierings has caused more trouble than it's worth at this point and maintaining it by denying potentially more accurate results is bad on our part and potentially misleading.

Not to mention

She Hulk is High 5-A for stomping a 4-B, Red She Hulk is High 5-A for a casual feat in a fight against a 4-B, and Hulkbuster is under the same broken logic.

Plus, the feat is so blatantly above 5-B that I honestly have no idea how it was calculated so low. Moving smaller, less dense celestial bodies at triple digit mach speeds tend to yield 5-A results, but an Asteroid twice the size of Earth moving at relativistic speeds is only Small Planet level?

Yeah

Honestly, we need to buckle up and uproot stuff is all it is.

I also think that we need to update the 5-B characters to 5-A. Kepekley23's calculation was accepted by our own calc group.

It is also possible that we should upgrade the High 5-A characters to 4-B instead, based on what DMUA said.

Regarding the Thing. As far as I have read, the Ebon Seeker feat is unreliable, possibly due to the Thing not affecting him at his strongest, or not causing any damage, but I may misremember.

Never mind. It seems like we do not use the Ebon Seeker feat. My apologies.

On a side note, there's issues with 3 of the other calcs on that page. I've re-worked them but need a calc member to look at it.

More specifically please. Which characters performed the feats, and what were they about?

Okay. Do you have a link to the calculations?

You should ask here for evaluations: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2516175

For what it's worth I agree with Darkanine's point. The scaling chain makes no sense (I mean Hulkbuster is built as an anti Hulk weapon so why is he several magnitudes weaker then what Hulk is on an average day)

As I mentioned earlier, I think that it might be a good idea to upgrade the High 5-A characters to 4-B in conjunction.

Just because it's an "Anti-Hulk" weapon doesn't mean it's on par with him. Especially since Hulk stomped him, meaning the Hulkbuster kind of failed its purpose. They can still be upgraded for other reasons, just not scaling directly from a serious Hulk or Thor. But even a casual Hulk seems to be on par with other 4-B characters, so High 5-A characters could be upgraded to 4-B either way.

Well, we need more input in any case. Did anybody ask all of the members that I mentioned earlier?

Can somebody ask the following members to comment here?

Sandman31, Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Reppuzan, Shivansh Garg, KLOL506, Zensum, TheC2, Nether nine, Crimson Azoth, Eficiente, The Archdemon, Kepekley23, Sera EX.

@Spino

We are planning to likely upgrade the 5-B Marvel characters to 5-A by scaling from Kepekley23's Grey Hulk calculation, and possibly upgrade the High 5-A characters to 4-B, since they are not usually portrayed as that far behind the current 4-B characters, and Red She-Hulk's High 5-A feat, which is what we scale them from, involved fighting the 4-B worldbreaker Hulk.

We're debating the grounds for the High 5-A Marvel characters since there seem to be issues with the scaling trail.

I forget who it was but someone suggested the High 5-As simply be raised to 4-B.

I suggested that, mainly due to the Red She-Hulk and She-Hulk feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back